Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Panos and Pavlos

Hello Jerry!
I quote Nana!

" I'm giving birth to a baby boy. He's a wonderful baby with deep expressive blue eyes, looks like my husband Panos and I feel very happy and balanced about our marriage. The baby is quiet and satisfied and once fed at the clinic, I take it and all three of us (Panos the baby and me) go to the movies! People are staring and smile and after some time I get too worried that time has passed and I haven't given milk to the baby. I have nothing with me - neither milk nor any bottle. Plus, it is already late at night. I tell so to Panos, thank God he doesn't get upset and he suggests we find an open drugstore somewhere so we can buy milk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Second dream in the same night : " I'm calling Pavlos on the phone. (Pavlos in waking life is a friend I had when in my 20's, we met some years ago and after some friendly period we became lovers for short. I fell for him but I'm afraid he hasn't to the same degree. Now we've separated, we call each other once in a blue moon but from time to time I feel a tingling in my heart - he, does not! ). So, I'm calling him on the phone and a distant female voice answers. I understand it is his wife and I feel like hanging up, yet, I don't do it as she could see my phone number on her display. So I mumble something and ask for him. He comes to the phone and I understand they were about to go out, yet he talks to me for a bit, telling me he had seen me in a church. I reply that I don't feel well when going to churches as I don't believe in their spiritual role, but I some times go because I believe in Tradition. He comments that he understood that as I was not looking very focused on my prayer or something! He tells me that his wife would not object in meeting me, she would like to get to know me. But she won't permit phone calls!! While we talk, although we're quite relaxed, I look uptight. He says "we should meet some day" I say "ok" and after all this, I see myself walking in a rather fast and "easy" way, yet my face looks rather old, my eyebrows are colourless and my expression is bad."

Thank you Jerry.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 31. Greece

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Panos and Pavlos

Cynthia - Nana,
I'll give a better inspection of these dreams in the morning. But my impression of the first dream, a thought that comes to my head that I think of as intuitive, is it is a 'wish fulfillment' dream more than a symbolic expression of a serious negative emotional conflict. The psyche can remain optimistic even when life times are emotionally strained. What could have been, is not in real life, can be salvaged in our dreams to better fit a positive desire that is associated with and flows from nature.

But let me give it attention when my psyche is better tuned to the 'vibes'.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

thank you for your attention Jerry. I'll be waiting for your interpretation whenever you feel ready.
Cynthia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Cynthia,
I'll address the first dream this morning and the second later. Time is once again limited due to 'other obligations' outside my world of bliss.

I still sense the first dream is as much wish fulfillment as it is a statement of anything more. The desire for Panos is plain to see but in a new light {why do I get this sense of the Gods & Goddesses-Panos is a common name in Greek culture but the two words together are eerily suggestive of Greek mythology}. Giving new birth to a baby that looks like her 'separated husband' would be giving a new face/life to Panos, one that would fit her desires. The narrative that follows the new birth is suggestive of how she wished the relationship would be, balanced and happy. The new Panos would be more satisfied with this family life. The clinic may be a reference to Nanna's clinical state of mind, which could be a 'sore' spot in the relationship. Nanna requires such clinical therapy to get beyond the realities of her life and project her into a world where greater possibilities are available {movies}.

Movies! This is the dream world within the unconscious. A world where we are able to get away from the real world and fantasize of what could be. Movies are a world into their own with their fantasies and wishful possibilities.
But even movies {of the unconscious kind} project reality of fear and desire and the fears of Nanna's real world are not 'giving enough nourishment to Panos' to sustain the relationship {I haven't given milk to the baby}. Her wishful desires are saddled with realities, the way of the dream in projecting what really is in the waking life {I have nothing with me - neither milk nor any bottle. There are also those feelings of guilt put on herself for the failures in the relationship. In her unconscious {late at night} she is afraid of not giving Panos what he desires, and there is a need for 'medication' to remedy what is not right in her waking world.

The only other suggestion I can give as to the first dream is the new baby being something new in her life {other than with Panos} that would fit with her desires. Yet even that is lacking since there is not enough 'nutrition' to survive.
I believe the first dream does have to do with wish fulfillment, and yet the realities that get in the way of those desires {dreams will always provide truth over wishful thinking} are also present. As with all dreams truth of the life is always the primary focus. The therapeutic value of dreams is presenting truth, to make the dreamer aware of what is and not what is perceived by the waking ego. Whereas the waking ego is controlled by outward influences and desires of the body without restraint, the unconscious dream is seeking a balance of what is best for the psyche. Thus often lies the conflict in the lives of us all.

I'll try to interpret the second dream later today.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Cynthia,
Is Panos married to someone else other than Nanna? Or is this a dream wife? Nanna could be the dream wife if it is such. Again, perhaps a wishful dream. If so then where ever the trem wife appears insert Nanna. She would in conversation with herself.

Knowing this small fact may be important in understanding the second dream.

Jerry

Jeffry,

the second dream is about Pavlos, not Panos. Panos is Nana's husband. Pavlos is married to some other woman of course and he was a romantic affair of Nana's. Does this change the interpretation? Thanks.
Cynthia

Cynthia,
That clarifies things. I guess my fixation on the Panos/Plavos names as related to Greek mythology {of which only Panos/Panagiotis seems to apply} clouded my sight to the narrative of the dream. Whether it makes a difference is to be determined.

On further inspection of the second dream my feelings are it too involves some degree of wish fulfillment. Plus possible feelings of guilt.
The phone call is Nanna's unconscious, a dialog with herself. Hanging up the phone may represent not wanting to deal with the emotional conflict involved. The role of the wife, something she wished for, would be the desired answer on the phone {Nanna in the role of Pavlo's wife}. She can't 'hang up' because of the emotional energy she has involved with the relationship. It is her the dream, and welfare, is on display.

The church, and the tradition, while not a part of her spiritual identity would represent the guilt {Greek traditions having to with marriage may shine light on this aspect}, and perhaps disappointment having to do with the relationship. It is hard to focus on this aspect, the tradition, because of the deep emotional attachments to Pavlos {it is 'he' who does the commenting/telling}. Nanna may question why Palvos is not interested in continuing the relationship, even though he is married {no objections}. This may have something to do with Greek tradition. Deep down Nanna 'knows' the relationship will not continue in the future.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present