Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Babies drowning in 2 small pools

I haven't been here in a long a time... Went from being a nightly dreamer to not dreaming at all for the past 2 years! And now this...

So, I am in the backyard of an unfamiliar house, but seem to be living there (renting?). I end up in the neighbor's backyard. I either went because my dog went there first or I went to retrieve a basketball and he followed me there to protect me. I was scared for my dog because their German Shepherd came out, but it was uneventful. (I had a German Shepherd as a child that was my best-friend and protector.)

I am about to leave the neighbor's backyard through the wooden privacy fence, the same way I came, when I see and hear about 15 black kids jump into two little small round pools or Jacuzzis. The two small pools were next to each other. I see that the oldest girl is about 10 and she is holding a newborn baby. I ask her if there is an adult with them. She said, "You?" As I saw that there were two more babies, I decided to sit on the small wooden ledge on one of the pools to supervise them. I see the same girl playing and going under water with the newborn, and finally the baby looks like it is drowning. I lean in and grab the baby, hold her upside down, and she spits up water and cries a little. I see that another child is going through the same thing, and I can see the little girl as though I am in the water looking for her. I wonder if I am too late to save her. As I come out of the water with the second baby and still holding the first baby, I see that the other pool had a little black baby at the bottom of the little round circle.

I woke up - I think because it was too much, but I remember trying to go back to the dream (still in some dreamlike state) to save the third baby.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
M

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41, Florida

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Babies drowning in 2 small pools

Martha,
Welcome back. As for not dreaming for the past two years, you have been dreaming but have not remembered them. We dream every night, several times a night. A very informative program on dreams was broadcast on PBS last week and can be viewed here
What Are Dreams
Note: click on 'Watch What Are Dreams' above where it says 'Aired June 29, 2011 on PBS'.

As for your dream. The 'backyard' of the familiar house are those things 'hidden away' in your unconscious {the house is you}. Living there may suggest you life is unconsciously being controlled by these hidden aspects. The neighbor's backyard may have to do with an actual neighbor and/or it could be related to other similar experiences in your life. You are seeking to balance these experiences {round basketball} but you have unconscious forces that protect you from consciously thinking about the conflicts related to them {this may be pointing to repeating mistakes in your life}. The underlying source may be found in your childhood.

This repetition may also be associated with the drowning babies. The '15 black kids' is likely addressing unconscious {black} forces that are at play {1 + 5 = 6 which is a number for the personal aspects/experiences in life}. The two small pools beside each other again may suggest two related experiences 'hidden' with your unconscious. The oldest girl could be you at that age, hidden unconscious experiences that are now becoming new memories {newborn babies}. You are also present as the 'adult', a reflection of past childhood experiences that are still in conflict {emotional}. The supervision and the drowning may suggest repression of these past experiences {supervision is not wanting to remember the emotional pain}. There are three 'babies to be saved'. This may indicate three separate experiences.These experiences from your past are 'coming out of the unconscious' once again. The reason is so you will confront the painful emotions associated with them. Do this is the only way you can become whole again, that 'little girl' still resides within you and needs resolution to her pain {little round circle}.

Look back at when you were ten years old and see what emotional experiences occurred. It could have associations to a 'neighbor's backyard'. Often there is something that has occurred recently in your waking life that brought up these memories. Repetition seems to be a constant theme. Are you about to do something, make a decision, that may be a repetition of past actions, or mistakes? It may not necessarily be totally related to the experiences I have offered but could be about the process of decisions/actions on your part that are a result of early childhood influences. Usually they are related, the past events and any current situation, but not always. The underlying influences/experiences from childhood are the foundations of who we become as adults.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I don't think this fits right now... It's confusing because a lot of those things are true about having a childhood past, but I'm at a different place than I ever have been. There isn't anything I'm afraid of looking at, dealing with, or feeling at this point in my life - been there, done that kind of thing.

Like wanting to get back to the dream to deal with the possibility of a third dead baby... that's the way I am now. I want to go back and see what's there and deal with whatever is there, but I think I've already exhausted those avenues of looking into a childhood past, so I think there's something more or something completely different.

I don't know, I'll have to sit and think about this some more.

Thanks - M

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41, Florida

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Martha,
I have to your acquiesce to your feelings since it is your dream and you have performed your own research. But your statement about it not 'fitting right now' is a question whether it fits or doesn't fit. It if does ever fit it will always fit.

Also your statement 'lot of those things are true about having a childhood past' tells me you should not dismiss the interpretation out of hand. I hit on a truth so there is likely associations as I stated in my interpretation. From your response, 'I'm at a different place than I ever have been' doesn't dismiss where you have been. Unless your life is complete {or as close as you can get in this life}, you are living a harmonious balanced life, have resolved the issues from your childhood, then I suggest a deeper examination of the dream and my interpretation. There are several symbolic references to possible unconscious emotional distress and issues that may not been resolved. From my experience with working with dreams, the inclusion of and the many references to the 'little girl', and how she is included within the dream, indicates unresolved childhood issues. The dream to me makes a pretty good statement of such a possibility.

'Where you are now'. Maybe some info about that place will help with our understanding of your dream. Perhaps the third baby is one more/last issue that is left unresolved. Saving that little girl is saving yourself. Are there tendencies on your part where their is a tendency to repeat actions that don't usually work out? My assessment of the dream is as much about childhood influences as it is the experiences at age 10 {usually those unresolved issues from childhood are presented in the first part of a dream, the setting}. Who you are, what you do as an adult are most often within the influences/experiences from childhood.

I feel good about the interpretation and even with your response I wouldn't change it much if any. But that is my experience. You are the person living your life and what truth the dream is presenting is about whatever your true life is about. That I have no doubt about.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I do want to give attention to the references to childhood in this dream because of its position within the dream. I have often stated my experience when seeing the inclusion of a child {often unnamed} of a particular age in a dream, that dream is addressing actual experiences of the dreamer as a child at that age. This has been more than just a norm it seems to be a fit every time I see it. But the position within the dream that speaks to the child at an age is within the first few sentences within a dream. This is the 'initial setting' or 'Exposition' in the dream stage {.see below for more detail on the structure of a dream}. In this dream the first mention is in the second paragraph. What effect overall it has with the dream is to be determined {other than there is symbolic value to the inclusion}. My sense is it may be more about influences at that age more so than 'one' or more actual experience{s}. Giving detail to seemingly minor aspects of the dream can be important. I will have to give more attention to such references in future posted dreams to determine if there is a pattern, as there seems to be be when a child of a particular age is presented in the original setting in a dream.

Note: There is a mention of a childhood experience in the last sentence of the first paragraph but it is a statement and not an actual part of the dream.

Structure of the Dreams
From The Third Eve

Carl Jung taught that the structure of a dream is similar to that of a drama, comprised of four different stages:

Exposition: The opening scene, which introduces the place, characters, and situation that the dreamer will face–the issue or problem as expressed through metaphor.

Development: The emergence of the plot.

Culmination: Something significant occurs, and the main character responds.

Lysis: The result or solution of the dream’s action. The lysis signifies how the dreamer might deal with the problem or issue that was expressed during the exposition stage. In effect, the work of the dream has produced a solution or result for the dreamer.

This is the basic outline and can be used as a rule of thumb. There is still much to learn about the structure of our dreams.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present