Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
female self/inner strength

Hi,
I'm having a series of dreams after a strange experience. The first was about 'negotiating dangerous curves' and pointing out to my son why it was important. The second set of dreams all have to do with having intimate incounters with women revolving around my life situation. I am wondering if I should post the whole situation? Should I just post the dreams. I usually dream in a 'series'
thanks,
Rose

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 years. Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: female self/inner strength

Rose,
Posting the whole dream would be the best way to understand their possible meaning{s}.

As for your summary, 'negotiating dangerous would most likely apply to negotiating those curves that make up your life. The inclusion of your son may have to do with that relationship, and/or it could be addressing 'developing or undeveloped masculine aspects'. The intimate encounters with women would likely be encounters with yourself. Just as sex could symbolize a 'uniting of different aspects of who you are', the intimate encounters may be address such needs. These encounters are, as you stated, about your life situation. And so are your dreams.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Jerry,
I have not dreamed in 2 to 3 years due to some traumatic events. Then I had that sort of 'other worldly' experience. So my dreaming began that night with the dangerous curves dream which happened in April. That day I had left a job due to what I feel was really poor training. I felt like I should have hung in there and then I had the dream which made me feel like I had made the right choice.

So I quit my job, had the experience and started dreaming all in the same day.

I was at the top of a cliff and needing to get down a very dangerous curve. On the other side of the little road was a huge glacier with deep cracks and beyond that was a raging river. I knew I would have one chance to get it right. I made a perfect drop off the cliff and managed to get my car around all the danger. I stopped, looked back at my son and said " Did you see that? Because you will need to learn to negotiate dangerous curves in the same way"

The other dreams have been in the last two weeks and begin with Angelia Jolie, Brad Pitt and myself. Everyone was out of work and civil war had begun over the economy. So Brad was working at Taco Bell and had a missing eye. I was with Angalina and I walked up to her and said " I love power. The great thing about it is that if you are an adult, you can play with it like a child and it's a lot of fun." I was referring to sex. Then I kissed her and she was very into that. I also grew about two feet taller.

The other dreams are a series of lesbian dreams. In each of them I had a female partner. One was a class I took on learning to love ourselve's and our bodies.
This was filled with a lot of women expressing sadness and pain over loss.
Then I was in a special ops military training for lesbians. We achieved our training goal and then trained other gay men how to learn these special tactics.
Then I was working in a homeless shelter and went to help a homeless vet who was being harassed by a gang group. Somehow I used inner courage and they were afraid of me. I took the guy into the shelter which was a church. Then I realized I was homeless and fell asleep in the middle of the city. Then homeless man and my female partner came to get me and took me to the church.

As I write, I realize these dreams all have to do with different kinds of power.

My 'partner' two of these dreams was my best friend who I greatly admire for her ability to build a beautiful life...no matter what. I know it is not about her. However, I've had several dreams telling me I should accept being lesbian.
Thank You ahead of time Jerry,
best to you
R.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 years. Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Rose,
On the subject of dream loss. There is a neurological condition caused by strokes that inhibit the ability to dream. It is causes physical brain damage is known as Charcot-Wilbrand syndrome. Recent science has shown that sleep deprivation can inhibit REM sleep {those periods of sleep when we do most of our dreaming}. Research into psychological conditions associated with dream loss is still in its infancy so any traumatic events that include mental capacity is yet to be determined. Unless one of the above conditions is the cause of your 'not dreaming' it is more likely you just have not remembered your dreams. This is common for a lot of people. There are times I don't remember dreaming and I pay special attention to my dreams {and look forward to dreaming most every night}.

As for your dream. Because it is a simple and short dream I will cite references from HyperDictionary Dream Dictionary to better illustrate my reasoning.

Being at the top of a cliff may suggest you have reached a critical point in your life and may fear losing control. The glacier below suggests cold emotional feelings. The raging river would represent emotions that are out of control. The car is you. Your son would most likely be a 'literal' reference to your real son but would could also be associated with 'wise choices' you feel you made about quiting your job. The decision about quiting your job was something you feel was the right thing to do but had economic consequences that affected your son. The good feelings were countered by the downside of losing income from the job.

There are a lot of possibilities to the other dreams you posted. The dream about 'civil war fought over the economy' would be a clue to what the 'lessons learned'. And the reference to sex may be another clue. It may not be about sex at all but a 'coming together' of emotions. Lesbian dreams, other than actual emotional associations to actual lesbian tendencies, would be about 'loving yourself' or a union with aspects of yourself. It may be an acceptance of the physical body but also again about decisions you have made. Dreams often have an intertwining of different aspects that are in emotional turmoil. The lesbian reference may involve attributes of the female partner in your dream who in real life is a person you have respect. Those qualities she possesses may reflect the decisions you have made that would be something she would do.

As for the 'homeless' associations in a dream, they may reflect unconscious fears of the 'correct decision' that will affect your economic situation. You have 'achieved your goal' of being correct in a decision {something you probably felt you normally was not capable of} but your masculine 'self' needs to learn to accept the decisions also {training the gay men}. The correct decision made you a 'veteran' of warfare but unconsciously there are still the fears of the economic consequences. There are the positives of your decision but also the negatives {courage but homeless}.

The last sentence about acceptance of being lesbian, does that hold a truth or is it metaphorical as I mentioned in my interpretation? Do you truly feel you could be lesbian or is it something that comes from the dreams that make you believe it could be? If the latter is true and there are no real lesbian tendencies {other than the possible natural curiosity about lesbianism} then the lesbian references would be purely symbolic. It may be important to sort through this so there is not future emotional stress. Earlier in your post there was mention about 'referring to sex'.

There seems to be a lot going on in your emotional life. Sorting through the possibilities I have provided may be difficult but looking at your true feelings will help. You titled your dream post 'female self/inner strength'. I sense much of the dreams have to do with dealing with decisions that require great strength. But it is important to examine your true inner feelings to determine whether the lesbian associations are merely symbolic or have actual basis for fact. If you have not displayed lesbian tendencies throughout your life I doubt you are a closet lesbian at the age of 56.

Finally. In your post you state 'So I quit my job, had the experience and started dreaming all in the same day'. Quiting your job we have addressed whether it is correct is left for you to determine}. The next part of the statement i am unclear about. What was the 'experience'? Something caused you to start dreaming again. Metaphorically speaking being able to dream again may suggest you have removed a barrier in your life that lets you open up to new and better possibilities. The 'experience' seems to be a vital aspect to removing the barriers.

Good Decisions, Liberating Experiences
This is a time when interpreting dreams could use an assist of having a one-on-one face-to-face discussion. There are a of of possibilities and without having the ability to ask vital questions close up leaves a lot of unanswered questions and possibilities. When I retire I hope to remedy that situation. For now all I can do is provide what i see in dreams and hope my intuitive mind is functionally at its best. That is a problem of recent, the functionality of my 'higher intuitive' self. I feel at times I am near an answer to a dream but because I have to put so much mental effort to my 'social obligations' {work, my day job} it is often difficult to move from one train of thought to another. Perhaps your decision to quite your job liberated you from such a dilemma. I hope to do the same, be liberated from a day job, in the next year or so.
Lessons learned. So many in life, in every life.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry,
I can understand the desire to retire and do what you love. Hope it comes soon for you because you are good at dream work.
I don't have a lot of time right now to respond but I will later today. My 'experience' was that when I went in to gather my things in the house I'd been working in, I saw a person who was not there, (by 'normal' standards). I felt the residents I was working with were in danger due to the house manager's complete focus on herself and seeming to not get a dang about the rules. Hence...really bad training. The person I saw was a woman sitting on the couch and I thought she was an executive employee who came to make sure I didn't cause troube. I was so mad over the poor training and ensuing risk to the residents... and so I thought 'well no person is going to stop me from saying goodby to the folks', and so I acknowledged her visually and then walked right past her. I felt she was very over dressed for the occasion. She was in a white suit and the jacket was inlaid with crystals? white shirt...shoes etc.
When I came back into the house, she was gone and I figured she must have been a guardian that went out the other door and got into the van with the residents. I know this is really important, I just don't know why. There was no feeling between us but in retrospect, I felt she was letting me know it was an important situation I was in. Then I started dreaming.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Kansas

Rose,
Look at those people in your dreams, unknown/unnamed, as aspects of who you are. Then compare the dream {the symbols interpreted and looked at as metaphors of your life} to your waking life, and in many cases your unconscious life, and you will begin to better understand what the dream message is. And understand who you are.

There is always a deeper meaning to the symbols. The executive employee is you and for a reason you are mad at yourself {it may have to do with something other than the training, perhaps to do with deeper issues in personality or foundations of your life}. The guardian that went out the door is also likely to be a part of yourself {unless there was a real person that left, someone who took 'care' of you in your waking life}.

Changes in life can start the process of remembering your dreams. The important thing is to interpret these dreams and see what they are telling you about yourself and your life. Some things will correspond with your current waking life experiences. Others will address deeper issues of the emotions. Dreams are therapeutic in they try to help you resolve all emotional conflicts. Dreams are about our emotions.

When you are ready post a complete dream{s} and let's see what they have to say.

Jerry

What I am really thinking about now is the statement you made about my having to make decisions/changes that require great strength. This is very true and I am thinking hard about this. It's how I go about these changes that I am at odds with. I am pressed to find a more spiritual nature inside of myself because that's all I can do. There are so many sides to me that it's hard to focus on just one aspect that I can 'go with' to move ahead. I can relate to almost every one of those men and women in the dreams. hmmmm...ok I'm getting some things.

To clarify: The executive woman was a person I saw sitting in the living room. She was not a dream. I changed my mind about her when I thought she had gone out the other door and thought well...perhaps she was not an executive but a guardian. Later I asked my friend who the heck was 'that woman in the living room' and she said there was no one there. I'm really glad I didn't try and talk to her because then everyone would have thought I was nuts...not just an angry employee.

I called my Mom's minister and spoke to his wife who had seen her grandmother after her grandmother had died. She told me to pay attention to my surroundings and watch for her. I have complete faith that the minister and his wife and very honest. But I also think the woman in white may have been there to let me know I needed to report what was going on. I reported it.

Yet, I had the car dream and then bam...all those other dreams. I know this is long...sorry.
Here is the last dream I had in detail.

I am standing in the middle of nothing...maybe on a cloud or some earth that was in the universe. There are a bunch of us there and we are being taught (by an invisible male who I feel is God) how to move through levels of change by breathing and meditation. Our goal is to find peace from the pain and trust that we must open up.
So I begin wondering if it's even possible for the soul to ever die...seems impossible to me and I start to spiral across the horizon in some kind of tube of color...I get closer to something each time I breath and then I ask the voice if there is such a thing as hell and that I don't want to have to deal with it at all. The voice tells me that in order to reach our goal we all have to go through the fire (hell) but he reminds me to breath and trust. I begin spiraling through fire and it's beautiful. I am almost to the point where I think it will hurt and I see I am not ready to let go and I wake up.
My thoughts on this are well...yes I believe that and maybe I'm closer to finding a more spiritual way of seeing things.
It has really helped me to write this. Thank you for taking so much time with me
Rose

Rose,
Let's see if we can sort this out. I need to get clear in my mind what is waking life experiences and what is dream.

First the spiritual search. Since the spiritual aspect is a 'feminine' quality the possibility part of the lesbian dream experience has to do with that. The 'executive woman' could also be addressing those higher qualities of the psyche. 'Living' {living room} life in the spiritual realm is something you are searching for and a deep emotional experience. The woman, a part of you, would be a guardian if and when you discover a spiritual concept that fits.
As to not speaking to her, actions in your waking life may fit with that. Anger is not a spiritual quality.

Again there is the 'feminine' aspect related to your spiritual search. You spoke with the minister's wife and not the minister. This could be a 'realization' of the feminine power as a superior quality to the masculine {in Jungian psyche, and in my spiritual philosophy, the feminine aspects are superior, god is subservient to the inner goddess}. She is honest, as is the dream psyche. The dead grandmother may suggest this aspect is not being realized. By searching your 'inner surroundings' you will will find her.

This could also be addressing questions about sexuality. Insert sexuality in place of spirituality and it could fit. But just as there are questions about your spirituality there would be questions about sexuality.
again I direct you to your sexual attitude throughout life. A gay person is born that way, they do not evolve into it. If you are a lesbian now those feelings would have strongly manifested throughout your life. It is not uncommon for a man or woman to explore their sexuality because of particular reasons questioning life itself. Failed relationships with the opposite sex could make one believe they were 'meant' to be different.

Yet your dream is focusing on god, the male quality. That could have to do with faith and early life indoctrination. This is not to disqualify that concept, it is to support it by realizing the inner world of spirit has another quality that is as powerful. In our culture the feminine aspects is degraded to a lesser quality not only spiritually but culturally.

This masculine god in your dream may be speaking to qualities needed to navigate life {every female has masculine qualities, every male feminine qualities}. As for going through fire/hell, that is what we do in life. This human life is our hell. The task is to live life. Life can be beautiful when you discover a 'balance' that supports a harmonious life. That could be the 'lesbian' aspect of your dreams. Growing up with faith in the masculine {where is god when you need him} with the spiritual concept of the feminine. The first, growing up with god, is an outer experience, the second is an inner experience.
A true example would be Jesus as a balance of the masculine and feminine. Jesus was a male, masculine. Yet he lived purely from the feminine psyche {loving, caring, forgiving, serving}.
On the other hand god was purely masculine {in all Western religious concepts and many of the Eastern as well}.

Note: Forgive me for using god with a small 'g'. Having grown up in the Baptist and C of C church and since having learned these were too restrictive in their concepts, I no longer give the god of Abraham, or any other god as a matter of fact, as the viable force in my life. Instead of faith and dogma I simply try to live my life WWJD. Deeds are more powerful than faith.
It could be said I have 'issues' with the masculine identity of god. I also had a father whom I had big issues. But I believe I have sorted both out and I am comfortable with both positions.

So where are you in your search for your sexuality identity? Is the 'lesbian experience' in your dream a recent occurrence or has it been a part of who you are all along? Answer that question and it should clear up the sexuality identity crisis.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,
I needed to make some amends to other folks who may be around before I posted under my actual name. Disappearing for 3 years wasn't very nice.

To the dreams: Are you saying that the person I saw was a waking dream person? It seems you are approaching waking life experiences as you do dreams? That would put a different twist on the woman I saw...or on everything.

Carlos Castenada also spoke about this (a warrior with intent/clarity and focus.)
I do not care about capitalizing at all. I do it out of respect for others.

I've been thinking about my sexuality and I am not sure. I can pretty much go either way and my focus is usually on how genuine people are. For the most part, I'm not interested either way right now.

I would say in reference to spirituality, the last dream I had three years ago, was about myself and Jesus in his tomb. He was weeping and said " where is my father and why has he forsaken me? I'm going to be crucified and it's going to hurt" I sat with him and comforted him while he wept. After that was my not remembering stage began, but I made a Jesus doll. I've also had many dreams around different goddess figures. It really put some things into perspective when you identified for me, the difference between god and Jesus.

I think what I have been able to take the most from you'r feedback is that I need to make decisions that require courage and strength and letting go of anger to be more peaceful inside. I really appreciate your down to earth responses. I also think I need to do body work and 'stretch myself' in these ways.

Also: I remember you back to the dream doctor then to Toko-Pa's fishbowl. It seems to me you are really changing and open about your own experiences which I think is very wonderful. Glad you have sorted out what perhaps kept you from being so much more open. Just my opinion.
Thank you so much!
Leslie

Rose,
A quick reply, and then more later on.

The woman would not likely be a waking life person but an aspect of your own psyche. It could have to do with your sexuality, that sexual identity that is the real you. What aspects of yourself are you looking for? Spiritual? Sexual? These would likely be the woman/women in your dreams.

As for my days at Dream Central and Fishbowl. I have matured tremendously since those early days in my education with dreams. And yes I have changed a lot of my approach. Not my Jungian point of views, that is now ingrained and something I have complete confidence {as I did in those early days}. From my experiences working with dreams at the Dream Forum I have seen first hand that Jung's concepts do work. Having interpreted more than 3000 dreams and with more than 15,000 responses and posts I have more confidence than ever that Jung got it right. Having the benefit of responses to my interpretations I know what fits and what does not. Most do fit, especially in the past few years where I have developed my intuitive senses {something we all possess and which most can develop with effort}. Recent new science almost always supports Jung and knowing all that can be known about the science is important.
Not I don't keep an open mind. My intent is to learn all I can about the deeper psyche. Just image what more Jung could have contributed if he were alive today, the new science in neurology and brain science providing clues to the deep psyche. Something he never knew and would have fit with his philosophies is the fact that the part of the brain that controls emotions also is the same part of the brain that controls dreams. Thus Jung's contention that dreams are about our emotional lives has relevance to the science of the physical body. And this is just one new piece of new science that supports Jung.

It is not in praise of the man as it is his concepts and philosophies.

And about opening up about myself and my life. Having the experiences in life that I have had lends to my being able to understand others plight in life. If someone can learn from my mistakes then opening up is worth the effort. It is also self therapy. When you 'lay on a couch' and 'lay open' your life what you are doing is opening up to yourself. Bringing up what is beneath the surface is what most of us are afraid to do. Discovering first, and then becoming that true person that we are is what 'Individuation' seeks to achieve. Dreams are a direct link to the unconscious where that true self can be discovered. Learning and understanding the language of dreams {symbol & metaphor} is how we get in learn to understand our true selves. The one common thread in any approach to successful dream interpretation is the use of symbol and metaphor as the concept in interpreting dreams. Jung just happens to have the best and most complete approach. Plus his psychology is a true path to wholeness and a harmonious life.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present