Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dreaming ALOT ...

I have always been a dreamer, but the past month I have been having a dream every single night, and they are very clear, vivid, and seem to have a different energy to them. They are pleasant, and I look forward to them like getting a present.

Would there be a particualar reason behind this intensified dreaming?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46, PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Dreaming ALOT ...

Mairin,
There are several possibilities to why you are 'remembering' more of your dreams {you dream every night, we all do}. Being pleasant dreams would be reflective of pleasant experiences in your life. That could stimulate remembering more of your dreams especially if something positive has recently happened that promotes pleasant feelings. Or it could be a simple case of doing something different that stimulates you to remember your dreams. I have more vivid and memorial dreams simply by sleeping on my left side {I normally sleep on my back}. Have you had any change of habits prior to bedtime? Or have you recently experienced something you would consider 'pleasant'? Medications can change dreaming habits but usually those cause negative dreams.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks, Jerry.

I have been sleeping much more deeply which has had a nice effect on my body - more relaxed, calm, and grounded. I'm not complaining, but the dreams are long and clear and seem full of guidance (but I supposed I am getting what I asked for) - not the usual "snippets" of dreams.

All good! Thanks again ~
Mairin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46, PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Mairin,
It is good you are able to experience such deep sleep, physically as well as psychologically. To access the dream world is to access the true self. It is the true self that provides reliable guidance in whatever there is in life. You cab gage your state of mind if you can sleep sounds. It often demonstrates the level of stress in your life. The less stress the better the life. Dream deep and dream often. A good position to be in.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I, too, have been having long, colorful dreams lately, vibrant. And like you, they have been every single night. Most are pleasant enough. A few weird things have occurred, but nothing I would call a nightmare. When I wake, the dreams don't linger much, but I remember that they were there. During the day, the sight of a color will bring back a small portion of the dreams. Sometimes I feel as though I didn't get any sleep at all but I am wide awake, other times I am a little groggy. Only on the weekends, when I am allowed to sleep as long as I like do I feel refreshed and rested, but knowing that I am going to have these dreams each night keep me from worrying about how much sleep I "feel" I am getting. Some of the dreams are a continuation of the previous night. I mused to my father that I have an alternate life I am living in my dreams. For example, I just bought a house in one dream, and the next night, I was dancing in the kitchen while unpacking. A couple of nights prior I was house hunting.

It makes me wonder who else is having vibrant dreams like us each night? (Universal mind?)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38, Oakland, Ca

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Katchi,
Your pronouncement to your Dad about having an alternate life while dreaming is not that fra from a factual truth. The dream is focusing on the 'true you' whereas the waking life is based perception of self, the ego world in which we live. It is the philosophy of Jung and Campbell that the to discovery/realization of the true self is what we seek in life if there is to be real 'meaning' in the individual life. It is also where one must be to live life at its fullest, a balanced exitsance that more often is emmersed in the muse as it is any ego attached outer aspect. Such an existance is a life of Indivudation.

Having seen your posted dream from yesterday {and reading your words from this post} I sense these dreams are very much reflecting your personality. Sunny and expressive, a positive outlook. That will need to be taken into consideration when interpreting your dreams.

By the way, the universal standard meaning of a house in a dream is the house 'is you'. House hunting, then buying a house, the dancing in the kitchen, indications something new, and most likely positive, is/needs taking place, within you, and/or your life.
Again the personality traits would place a bright light on most everything in your life. If it is brght in your dreams that is a real positive. Is this you? A really bright sunny disposition toward life?

Jerry Gifford

stats from 7-14-10 to the present