Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Growing extra fingers and toes

I opened my palm and saw small fingers growing out of my left hand (I am lefthanded). I then looked at my right hand and there were some toes, the one on the far right looked like a small baby penis. I was not afraid but then someone told me that I probably had a twin inside me that was still alive. Then I felt a sense of urgency, something probably had to be done or extra body parts would continue to grow. My extra fingers were now eleven, not just three as when I first looked. Some of the fingernails were long and dirty. I thought eleven fingers must mean that I had more than one sister/brother inside me. When a doctor looked at my palms the fingers and toes were receeding fast, but I knew they would grow again.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Iceland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Growing extra fingers and toes

My first impression is that you've allowed another person's influence or control to take over your life. Because there was a penis involved I'd guess this person is a male.

You had a doctor look at it and the condition receded, which might mean looking at the situation critically will lessen the negative effects upon you. But it won't remove the control entirely (as you knew it would come back), that may take something a bit stronger.

p.s. I'm not a doctor or an expert

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 - houston, TX

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Kristin,
Brandon's interpretation is not an implausible possibility. Such an application would fit more with recent/current waking life experiences. See if it fits within your life.

Another possibility that someone in mid-life like yourself could have more to do with the deeper aspects of he psyche. This could be true while at the same time addressing possible scenario as offered by Brandon. Most dreams have two interpretations, one to do with more recent life experiences and the other addressing deeper emotional conflicts. Often these aspects have to do with personality.

Growing new body parts in your hands {hands often symbolize 'abilities'} may be the focus of these symbols. The penis part could suggest these new parts/aspects have to do with masculine aspects. These new parts could be a realization there are other aspects {masculine} within you that are of 'equal' {twin} importance. This aspect is alive but may have been neglected, not utilized as it could be. This aspect is something that may involve a need to grow personally. You may need to get your fingers dirty, a masculine tendency, to achieve/realize this inner quality. It is only then you will have proper growth, realizing that other person within you. This is the healing affect {doctor} of dreams and the prescription you need to grow properly.

The influence Brandon spoke of that may fit with your outer life would apply on an inner level also. That would be a possible masculine aspect {the penis a possible reference to the old adage 'you need to grow some balls}. Whereas Brandon suggestion of another person in your ego life {outer life} has taken control, the message may be you need to develop your inner masculine qualities so that aspect can take control when needed. Instead an outer thing this would have to do with inner aspects.

Look at your life and see if there is a person or persons {in particular male} that tend to have control over your emotions {dreams are about the emotions}. As for the inner qualities the message may be you need to develop or better utilize those inner masculine qualities that will benefit your whole life. If yo have tendencies to let men control you that would fit with both aspects of the dream interpretations. In either case something needs to be done that has yet to be done that will let you 'grow'. That growth may be personal growth, it could be an ability to grow in relationships {balancing everything and not letting just one aspect, masculine, be the controlling agent}.

There is a lot to digest. Look a these possibilities and let us know how you feel they may or may not apply.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks Brandon and Jerry, I think you both pointed me towards an interpretation that makes sense. I am recently divorced and finding - not just my old strength, but some new ones as well. I also have some issues with men (rape) albeit not with my ex husband who is a very good person. I'm still pondering both your interpretations (again thanks!), one more question - do either of you have any thoughts about the number eleven? It seemed important in the dream.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Kristin,
The number eleven may be alluding to the 'twins' {1 and 1}. It may also signify both levels of emotional control, the outer control due to masculine experiences and the inner male influence {needed to overcome the outer}. There may be a significance in the left and right hand symbols, the right representing the outer self and the left the true self {not only your being left handed but also left representing the mythological path to discovery of the true self-the left hand path}. This may suggest the dream is focused on the outer masculine influences which are 'growing' {new body parts}. Has there been more thought to recent masculine influences of recent? This would require an inner healing {doctor, bring balance back to your psyche {brother & sister}.

But there is still a need to conquer the outer fears/anxieties {knew they will grow again}. You know the influence of the emotional experiences will continue to follow you. Since the healing needed is an inner thing, your inner masculine/animus, the dream may be suggesting a psychological remedy to the outer masculine experiences/influence. One on one, the doctor within and without.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Your interpretations and musings are invaluable, and inspiring. Something strange occurred, a few days after this dream. My daughter (a child) dreamt she was looking at her hands (palms down) and saw a square bruise, blue in color, on both hands. When she brought her hands together, she saw that the bruises matched and formed a long rectangle (not sure if that is the right word). I had not told her of my dream.

Kristin,
Let me give examine your response and give my thoughts either later today or in the morning. There may be a possibility the dream is addressing aspects of your personality/life that are 'shared' with your daughter. Like daughter like mother type of thing. Also the possibility your daughter and you have shared a 'psyche event' indicating deeper shared aspects between the two of you.

Jerry

Re: Growing extra fingers and toes Now dreaming about hair all the time

Thanks Jerry. I was abroad, otherwise I woulkd have replied earlier. I haven't dreamt about fingers and toes again, but I have had three successive hair-dreams. The hair is never mine, and there are long stories in the dreams (family, travel, gypsies, lots of colour etc.) but hair is always prominent. It is black and not a hair out of place on my brother-in-law's head (he is gray haired), it is gray with a streak of yellow o the back of the head(hairdye gone awry, unknowingly) on my sister (a blond), it is red and voluptuously styled with an extra top on a Roma woman and black, shiny and piled high on another Roma woman. Et cetera. I haven't a clue what all this hair in various colours and hairdo´s means - any thoughts? Best regards, Kristin.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Growing extra fingers and toes Now dreaming about hair all the time

Kristin,
It looks as if I had overlooked your dream repsonse from earlier this month. I sometimes do that but not intentionally. I promise to give it my attention later today.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Kristen,
Children's dream are different in an adults dreams but the symbolism seems to fit an adults unconscious psyche. In that light I will provide my thoughts.

A square bruise on the hands may represent an ability to control/endure 'separate' but similar emotional bruises {hands representing abilities, square representing wholeness, in control}. Putting the two hands together forming a rectangle may suggest a matching of wounds shared by someone else, which would expand the pain or suffering {the wholeness is out of form, out of control}. If your daughter had witnessed/experienced emotional issues in your life her unconscious would also process those experiences.

But consider this possibility. Instead of emotional wounds being witnessed or experienced there may be inherent emotional traits you and your daughter share. Since your husband is not likely to have abused you emotionally then the masculine aspects would point to a lack of inner masculine qualities, such as an inability to control the emotions. That would put the shared inherent traits at the top of the list of possibilities. Are you the 'emotional' type?

That possibility would beg the question why both of you had similar dreams. Such things are not uncommon between related people and if your daughter had witness an incident where your emotions {the bruise not necessarily to do one particular strong emotional experience-instead the two separate emotional experiences that form a pattern} were evident she could have had a similar dream since the two of you share inherent qualities.

Of course this scenario is purely conjecture. It would be hard to pinpoint any real possibility since your daughter is a child and determining what is within her psyche is much different from what is within an adults unconscious. But it does sound good doesn't it? And with dreams such shared experiences would be rare but possible.

Jerry

Shared experience might very well be the case, I hadn't thought of it. The other iterpretations you point to also make sense. Food for thought! Tahnks again Jerry, this is very helpful :) Best, Kristin.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Kristin,
Perhaps the most important reason for providing an interpretation is to get the dreamer 'to think' about the dream and the possibilities provided in the interpretation. When what is given hits home the dreamer usually recognizes the associations and begins to put the pieces together. This recognition, and further thinking, often brings up new memories that open up the conscious mind to other unconscious aspects that have been forgotten, lost or repressed. One thing leads to another and this 'new knowledge' can be liberating. If nothing more, if an interpretation and/or comments stimulate this thought process to the inner self then we should consider it a success. The measurement is not one of ego as it is verification that there are ways to understand the dream language, and thus aspects about the true person the dream is trying to communicate to the dreamer.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present