Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
i dreamed i was a man....??

Hello, this is the first time i post...i hope i get a good answer....

about a year ago i dreamed that i was a man and i was having sex with a beautiful woman.....i actually felt myself get physically aroused and I haven't found an explanation for this.....

I am a heterosexual female and found this dream extremely strange when i woke up that morning...now i kind of giggle at the thought of it but I think it would be fun to at least get a perspective on what someone thinks this could mean.... please and thank you

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 Wichita, KS

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: i dreamed i was a man....??

Elizabeth,
Dreams speak in a language of symbol and metaphor. Dreams are about the emotions, your dreams about your emotions, particularly those emotions that possess an unresolved conflict. The man in your dream is likely a representation of your masculine aspects, your animus, in Jungian psyche. The man is a part of you and so is the 'beautiful woman'. The dream may be addressing a need/desire to get in touch with those masculine aspects. This could mean the outer masculine and/or the inner masculine. If it is an outer the dream could be addressing a need or desire to have a man in your life, stimulating those 'beautiful' qualities you possess as a woman.

If it is an inner masculine aspect then that would indicate you may need to discover or better develop your masculine aspects so to support those 'beautiful' feminine qualities. Sex would symbolize a 'union' of the masculine and the feminine. If you are not someone who has a strong masculine side the dream may b addressing a need to recognize this. Or a need to balance both qualities. Your masculine self needs to unite with the feminine for a more balanced self.

Look at your life and determine what masculine aspects need to recognize, and unite with those beautiful qualities you possess. If it is an outer thing then it may mean a desire for a real 'man'. If an inner thing it would be addressing your inner masculine qualities. It could very well be both since all dreams tend to address both inner and outer issues using the same symbols in the process of doing so.

To better understand how dreams function read my page A Simple Guide to Dreams. There are additional links to other pages that will lead you through the process of Jungian dream psychology.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: i dreamed i was a man....??

wow, i never thought about it that way....thanks!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 Wichita, KS

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present