Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Haunted Dreams

Jerry:
You're right about Gnosticism. I was doing my own sort of personal quest to find the synthesis of symbolism from even ancient times on to today and it led me on a secondary quest throughout the world of religion. When I approached Gnosticism, it filled in some missing parts of the Baptist and Holiness Christianity I was raised in. Ultimately, my search led me away from Christianity completely as a religion, but I do still hold on to the tenets of the teachings of "Jesus" even though I doubt the bible in many ways. While I was interested in what Jesus and his disciples had to SAY (as opposed to what they did), I was more interested in the things the people before him in the old testament did and said. The First and Second Books of Adam and Eve, as well as the Kebra Nagast were also both very entertaining and enlightening. But it was during this journey that all these things (in my earlier posted dreams) came into focus, the interest in dream psychology, mysticism, and visions became more prominent in my life and I even worked with the Tarot to develop these senses and foster greater inner wisdom of the inner self. I believe there are many paths towards wisdom, which is the only (non)religion I can really adhere to for any length of time. Still, I am like you, not really subscribing to any (formally acknowledged) religion. But I have found many similarities in them all which have contributed to my belief in Universal Consciousness, because even when the Gods were different, they all seemed to be doing a lot of the same things (See Encyclopedia of Gods), and many of the symbols are universal from Mu to Islam.

But I digress, because of my adherence so long to the religion of the bible, I did find a fascination in dreams. Then I found that in many philosophies and religions dreams were very significant, also, they played a prominent role in forming the world of today. So I don't take your advice lightly.

But still, what about all the imagery and symbols in the dreams... what have you to say about that? (the colors, the feet, him going from the bedroom towards the kitchen -which is right by the front door he never went out of)

I would love to get your take on that.

-katchi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38, Oakland, Ca

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Katchi,
I got the impression the details you provided about his appearance were a reflection of your personality {or the true inner self that should be reflective in your outer self}. The colorful description you saw would be how you view much of your outer life, using colorful terms that fit with your positive approach, positive descriptions because that is the type person you are. When there are such detailed descriptions, especially when they support each other {as in the 'positive description' you give to him, the bright colors, the stately manner, his handsome appearance} they usually are descriptions of you, or aspects of personality/psyche. Although all symbols usually have some metaphorical reference, the general attitude falls within a pattern that describes you. Plus this black skinned man is a positive aspect, inner self wise. There may be individual associations to the descriptive adjectives, especially with the clothing {clothing as descriptive of your interior and/or one that would be be reflective of your outer personality see clothes in Dream Dictionary}. This man would be a 'part/aspect' of your psyche. Your attention is focused on is his 'face' {symbolic of the persona}.

The questions about where he came from, why is he here, why was he playing with your feet/foundations. This is what primarily led me to believe this 'shadow' type figure was addressing transitions in your life. This positive 'masculine/shadow' would be something of a metaphysical transition, possibly a prelude to 'greater' things in your 'blissful' journey {my 'black' reverse shadow came at a time that coincide with the beginning of my advanced interest in dreams and a prelude to the birth of Myths-Dreams-Symbols}.
Do you see where I am going with this line of dialog?

What boosters my 'intuitive' sense about your possible 'metaphysical transitions' was your visit and experience in Memphis and the imagery I described eerily similar to what Jung saw with his patient at Burghölzli psychiatric hospital. Although they are great differences the patterns available to the original psyche are what causes me to believe they could be related. The dream and the Memphis experiences would be related psyche events {a metaphysical event but one related to the laws of nature and not a mystical event related to the paranormal}.

Ah! Ha! I just noticed your statement about helping out a 'Sista'. That doesn't change my intuitive sense about my interpretation but may solve why there was the language description of the black man. A statuesque, refined, handsome man with high cheek bones {a positive feature}. That is something a 'Sista' would look for in a man, the slang type description.
Doesn't change the associations to you, just another way to look at your inner masculine.
Note the 'white' earphones from his Ipod. Is that connection to the muse?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks, Jerry. I have a lot to think about as far as how this dream and the vision reflects in life lessons and progress. I originally posted this dream because it spooked me, but after your insight, I realized that sometimes change can be scary, and life as well, but that doesn't stop our curiosity, nor does it stop our quest. Once again, allow me to brag on your awesomeness and shower you with thanks.

(And I'm glad you picked up on my 'sista', and your understanding that the man would have been desirable to me.) I did a bit of research on those colors, then I realized that the colors red and white can also symbolize desire and purity (he was striped with it and 'purity' was in his ears). And the color blue can symbolize hope. With the tan (a shade of brown) this can symbolize being grounded (but not restrained)... i love colors in my dreams because they help me to focus on the exact issue that my dream is trying to get me to resolve. So I put what you said (the psychology) with the symbolism and realized some important things about me, which is extremely helpful at this time in my life.

Thank you again for helping me to know myself. You do well what you do.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Fem

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present