Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
woman in blinding light

I'm walking along a dock on a beautiful day. To my left are boats calmly rocking in clear blue water, to my right a row of houses, all connected, and all alike in design. I come across some friends, who are working on a motor, or maybe it was some other technical thing (I work in live audio, and the friends in my dream do also) As I walk up to them they say, "She's up there waiting for you", and they point toward one of the houses up a bit. I start walking and, noticing the length of the dock, think to myself, "I could have parked on the other side, I would have been closer." Then I am standing in front of a house, looking at the door. I walk up to the door and open it, and in the threshold stands a beautiful woman, who looks sort of like one of my ex girlfriends. In hindsight, I'm not sure who she looked like, but I saw her in that woman's face. Anyway, she reached out to embrace me, and when I did a blinding light came from behind here and I felt bliss and peace and contentment and safety all at once. So much so that when I woke up I could still feel it for a few long seconds.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42, NJ

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: woman in blinding light

jc,
A positive dream reflecting a positive attitude, a dream experience that comes about much less often than negative dreams {due to the fact dreams attempt to help resolve emotional conflicts}. Calm emotions {boats in water} in all aspects of your being {connected houses}. Your profession {live studio where you can work with your creative self} probably has a lot to do with your positive attitude.

Being on the other side where there is a beautiful woman. Could this be a reference to your work? Instead of being on the 'technical side' of your profession you could have been on the other side of the audio. This could 'have been', could the doors have opened to this aspect of your profession/life? In hindsight there was such a possibility but life lead you in another direction.

Two possibilities to this direction.
The light behind your passion. What could have been may have lead you toward to what could have become your bliss, and security.

The second was ending on the 'technical' end of your profession. That was the secure thing to do but it also let's you be involved in your passion in life.

Either way, working with the creative identity, you have found your bliss, contentment and are secure within yourself. What could have been, well perhaps that dream is still attainable.

Note: Joseph Campbell is famous for pinning the words 'follow your bliss". What he was speaking to was that thing in life you love most, usually to do with the creative aspect. He states we have two opportunities in life to participate in this 'bliss'. One is in our early life, late teens-early adulthood when we chose our path in society, and again at mid-life when we begin to look back. For me the 'blinding light' that stirred me toward my bliss {}working with dreams/exploring the deep psyche and creating/designing my Myths-Dreams-Symbols website} came about when I just happened to find Campbell {}and eventually Jung and his dream psyche} at the age of 42.

Perhaps since you chose earlier in life to follow your creative instincts you are now basking in that bliss. On the technical side yes, but still participating in that aspect of the psyche that Jung and Campbell say are the true self. Either way, you are that 'beautiful' woman within yourself, living your bliss which makes life even more beautiful.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you for your response; your interpretation has made me take a second look at all of the images (as well as the numerous appearances of the woman) in my dreams with my creativity in mind. Again, thank you.

Jc

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42, NJ

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

jc,
I do sense the dream is addressing creative issues. Also examine other waking issues that may fit. Personality may be a focus, perhaps an aspect of feelings secure about yourself.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present