Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Murdered by deceased friend

Hi Jerry!

It has been a while since my last post. I have been dreaming, but have not been able to recall many of my dreams.

I had this dream about a week ago. It was very vivid.

In the dream I was sitting at a table with my dear friend, Brad, who passed away unexpectedly earlier this year. He was not married in life but in the dream we were looking over paperwork from his wedding. I had been a bridesmaid or something in his wedding, and he admitted to me that he had tricked me into signing paperwork for the wedding that made me his legally binding wife. He had done the same to all of the bridesmaids, and now had five wives. I became very upset, and told him that I could never trust him, or anyone else again. He then revealed to me that he had recently murdered the wife that he married in the wedding ceremony. He said that "Things just weren't working out." I became very frightened, and asked him why he had told me; was he going to murder me now? He smiled at me with pure evil in his eyes, and started to come after me. I was in shock and was unable to defend myself, while he was in total control of the situation. He stabbed me in the neck. Everything went black. Then I woke up.

I have no idea what this dream could mean. Brad and I had a great friendship, no problems or drama.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 Fresno, CA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Murdered by deceased friend

Mellinda,
The dream seems to be focused on masculine aspects that have betrayed you. An aspect that was an integral part of your life but has now died. Something in your life was coming together {wedding}, something you supported {bridesmaid}, a 'masculine aspect' you 'believed' in but which has led to feelings of betrayal. This betrayal by the 'masculine' entity' has a tendency to betray other feminine, losing the trust that should accompany the 'bridesmaids' in his commitments. The betrayal has caused you not to trust this masculine aspect and possibly other 'related' aspects in your life {suggesting ther could be more than just one 'masculine' aspect of betrayal' the dream is addressing}. The process has been so deep it has caused a severance from it {murder}. 'Things didn't work out in this 'masculine' relationship and causes anxieties, fears that were made you 'to believe' negatives would happen because you would be 'defenseless' without these 'seemingly' masculine aspects. The 'control' related to this masculine aspect. one that betrayed you has severed the connection to the physical and thinking aspects {stabbed in the neck}.

In my experiences, the betrayal I feel toward organized religion with the God head {masculine god}, caused me to 'rethink' my spiritual relationship and seek out a path with more feminine defined principles {more Jesus, who was defined by his feminine aspects, and less of God who is solely driven by his masculine traits}.

Could this in one aspect have to do with your spiritual endeavors? The death of a trusted, beloved masculine aspect. The betrayal of the feminine by the masculine. The severance between body and mind, physical and soulful endeavors.

There may be other aspects in play involving a man or masculine aspects. Is there an experience where things did not 'work out' involving a 'masculine' aspect, or a real man? Something where trust became an issue?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jerry,

Thank you for your insights, as always.

The primary concern in my life right now is a personal disillusionment and distrust of my own ability to make a living. I can see this as a masculine aspect, because the man is traditionally the bread winner. When I was younger I had no doubts about my abilities to make it in the world, because I always excelled in school. What I didn't realize was that in school they teach you how to do well in school, not how to make a living.
As I have mentioned before in my previous posts, I am studying Astrology right now, with plans to make it into a profession. At first I felt very excited about pursuing this career. I felt very inspired, as though everything was coming together in my mind. I was working on becoming a more whole person, body and mind, and was in love with this newly found path.
Now though, I feel a lot of pressure to start making money as a professional astrologer right off the bat, because my husband is very unhappy with his work situation, and ideas for alternative means don't seem to be coming together. However, I still feel that I am just a student, and would like to have a few years to learn and transition into the role of a professional. I feel overwhelmed by the pressure to make money. My husband and I are constantly trying to figure out what we are going to do, and all of this stress definitely makes me feel disjointed and disconnected. Could this be what the dream is about?
The night before last I had another similar dream. I dreamed that I got up in the middle of the night to use the restroom. I was standing at the sink when a male stranger opened the door. He immediately put his hands around my neck and began strangling me. All that I could muster was a whimper of help before everything went black.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Mellinda,
Thank you for the follow up response. Because of these follow up 'reports' we discover how well Jungian dream psyche works. From my experience working with dreams at the Dream Forum I have no doubts his philosophy on dreams and the deep psyche are correct.

The betrayal of masculine aspects does seem to fit with your current situation in becoming a 'professional' astrologer. And I agree with your desire to 'practice' more before taking that big step of claiming to be a qualified 'oracle' of the stars. The wedding in your dream may symbolize a desire to 'unite' those horoscopist yearnings into a full time job.

But from your follow up post I can see the negative response from your husband could also fit. The pressure he exerts to push your interest into an immediate money making proposition could fit with what could be a 'betrayal' of trust on his part, as well as the inner betrayal of your own masculine aspects. In your waking world he would be that masculine entity. The conflict with him could be 'what isn't working out' and a symbolic 'murder' of feelings. His lack of support for your desires to learn more would be the betrayal of the 'masculine'. Trust is so important in relationships and his lack of support may have caused a distrust in his being supportive. From what you provided in your response I can see a relevant connection between the dream male and your husband. It can difficult to interpret every symbol but if you look at the interactions with your husband you will probably be able to tie the two worlds together {the dream world a proper fit with your waking life, in two aspects, inner and outer}.

Your dream once again demonstrates what Jung stated as the two applications to every dream. One would be the 'betrayal' of the inner masculine aspects and the second the betrayal by your husband. Both seem to be relevant in your life since you are in reality a 'strong' willed person who has to submit to a masculine entity that prevents your 'strong' inner masculine to be its true self. Instead of being the bride you have been relegated to the bridesmaid, your masculine aspects having to bow to a feminine position of the inferiority. Have there been arguments or heated discussions between you and your husband over your astrology 'dreams'?

As for the astrology 'dreams'. You are so correct in wanting to obtain enough experience before attempting to be a 'professional' astrologer. I have been working with dreams for 13 years and although I had good abilities right off the bat due to my intuitive instincts, it was not until I had the practical experience from working with dreams at the Dream Forum {where I received follow up responses to test my abilities} that I could honestly feel I was 'experienced'. Of course having the right teachers with the best method of interpreting dreams is most important. Wisdom is nothing more, or less, than practical experience, whether it be in a chosen trade or life itself.

I would suggest you look into Jung's approach to archetypal astrology to obtain a 'higher' degree of understanding of the integration of astrology to the psyche. Here is a page that will get you started. Future experiences in astrology will undoubtedly require an understanding of the psychology of the person, including their dreams, and having experience in Jung's approach will put you on a higher level, beyond those who practice astrology and do not have this experience.
A Jungian Approach To Astrological Counseling.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jerry,
Thank you very much for your response!

As all dreams do, this dream has given me a lot to think about.

Thank you for the link to integrating Jung's teachings in Astrology. I read the article, and expanded my knowledge.

Much respect,
Mellinda

Mellinda,
Let me do some reasearch and take a better look at the bear symbolism. I will get back to you either later today or in the morning.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present