Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Differing, seemingly unrelated things happening in one dream

I read on a previous site that the more information the better so I will go into all the detail I remember.
The numbers in brackets link to numbers at the end which provide more detail about the preceding sentence.

-------------------------------------

The first thing I remember of the dream was myself as a spy or secret agent being interrogated (at my parents' place - where I no longer live)(1). They needed me alive so when I tried to escape, they couldn't shoot me. Instead they chased me in a vehicle(2) and tried to take me down without hurting me. I grabbed hold of the vehicle and nearly got run over by it. I pretended to have suffered a blow to the head as a result of the near miss and pretended to not remember who I was, telling them I believed I was a completely different person, a slightly mentally challenged person named Robert Woodland(3).

They believed me and even when I saw my wallet (and identification) on the ground, I acted confused as to it being my photo but with a different name etc.
They then let me go and kept a watch over me to ensure I wasn't bluffing them and continued acting mentally challenged.

Then the cast of Harry Potter (which I haven't seen recently) sat with me. I remember it being Harry, Ron, Hermione and Malfoy. Malfoy and Harry seemed to not get along in real life too and Malfoy stared down Harry and Hermione.

After that, the woman who plays Hermione (Emma Watson) was getting closer to me on the seat and next thing we were driving down a road (dating at this stage) and she was trying to get American radio stations on the car radio(4).

Then we were in a fairly empty marketplace and she tried to rob what I think was a fruit stand. I took a handgun from a stall next to it and stopped her from stealing it. Then we walked off saying something which I don't remember about the two of us.

Then I woke up able to remember more about the dream than I ever remember about my dreams.

(1)I have been watching a spy TV show called Burn Notice a lot lately which could have contributed to this part of the dream.

(2)It was a 6-wheeled farm vehicle my parents have.

(3)I have no idea where this name came from. I don't really know any Roberts.

(4)Yes, I know Emma Watson is British.

----------------------------------------------

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19, New Zealand

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Differing, seemingly unrelated things happening in one dream

Oops, I turned 20 a month ago and still wrote my age as being 19. :

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20, New Zealand

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jim,
It seems you have done some indepth examination of this dream having visited another dream site. As for details, it is important to provide all the info you can but the most important thing is to write the dream just as you remembered it and not to add or subtract from those original contents. Additional information as you added is the correct way to add your thoughts and comments.

Another important aspect to consider is your age. Younger peoples dreams are often different than an older person. You are looking forward in life, career, family planning, the future still before you. An older person has already experienced this stage of life and the tendency is to 'look back', reflect on the past.

The spy would be that inner source where you may have felt being 'spied' upon and interrogated. This may have to do with feelings when you did live with your parents. You may have felt a need to escape this environment but that may have not ceased the feelings they are still 'chasing' you. This is causing emotional wounds {head} due to recent experiences. You are now a different person, perhaps a new identity due to moving away from your parents. The six wheel vehicle could represent 'carrying a heavy load' as well as denoting experiences having to do with your parents. The whole issue has become a 'mentally challenging' experience. The 'Robert Woodland' could be from anywhere, a recent experiences mixing the words {woodlands being a denotation to woods and nature which would represent your true natural self}.

The task is to make your parents understand/belief you are capable of being on your own, being your own person. This is your true identification, capable of living on your own. You have moved away but they still keep a close watch on you.

The Harry Potter cast may represent aspects about your life where you look down on yourself. The different characters would represent different aspects you identify with. Deeper examination of your psyche would be needed to completely understand this part of the dream, and your personality/personal qualities.

Emma Watson would symbolize feminine qualities, either real feminine relationships with a woman/women or/and your own feminine qualities. Has being on your own let you start dating? Are there 'American' influences involved in some aspect of this part of your life?

Emma robing a fruit stand would likely represent a 'fruitful' growth in your feminine aspects {again representing either or both feminine aspects I mentioned previously}. It may have to do with dating. But there are inner aspects about yourself that stop you from assisting these feminine aspects. There may be experiences/qualities from living with your parents that have stopped the growth of the 'feminine' in your life. Did you date when you lived at home? What was the attitude of your parents about dating?

Being able to remember more about this dream than you would normally may suggest the importance of the dream to your life. It may be an emotional issue that needs your attention, something that needs resolution so you can feel whole and balanced.

To better understand 'feminine aspects' other than actual females/women see my page on the Anima/Animus aspects of the human psyche.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I don't quite understand why my parents' place was in the dream but probably because it's (in my mind) a place of safety.

Maybe some more background information would help you as I strongly doubt my dream had much at all to do with my parents or my relationship with them.

I'm 20, single and have not yet dated anyone.
I moved out of my parents' place in February and when I moved out, I moved out of my own accord. They did encourage me to move out (I mean I am 20) but I certainly didn't feel forced. I go home for dinner with them every now and then but certainly don't feel my parents spy on, interrogate or chase me.
In fact, I've always felt my parents are very open and unrestrictive toward me and they allow me to live my life as I wish.

Their views on relationships and dating is loose and unrestrictive. They've always encouraged me to get out and date and (while I haven't yet done so) I've always felt they would be happy so long as I'm happy.

You speak of "emotional wounds". This to me may refer to the times I've been rejected by girls. This is the only "emotional wound" I seem to feel. I certainly don't think I have any negative emotions toward my parents.

Also, you didn't mention the gun and I read elsewhere that firearms are generally a strong symbol in the subconscious mind.

Anyway, I hope with this extra information about me, you are able to relate the dream to me better.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20, New Zealand

Jim,
Let me go over the dream and your response with more inspection later. But if there is a not a conflict with your parents then we can to look to other experiences/aspects. Most of the symbols seem fairly direct, there is something chasing you emotionally. The vehicle would be some part of you, 'are running over yourself', in some psychological/physical/spiritual 'way'. Can you find associations in your waking life that would fit with the 'near miss' experience in the dream. The pretending, could that relate to an 'imagination,'? If so is it a personality characteristic or to do with creativity? What would the 'being a totally different person' fit with past or/and current experiences in you and/ or your life? Interpretation of these symbolic actions can usually be understood when interpreted in the correct light. An understanding of symbol and metaphor, whether intuitive or learned, is vital when interpreting dreams. That often applies to any credible method of interpreting dreams {interpreting the symbols if not an understanding of the relationship to metaphor}.

You state you visited another dream site. Have you worked with you dreams previously or was this the first time? The Jungian approach is psychological, your dreams are about 'YOUR' emotional self. A proper interpretation of a dream will usually produce associations the dreamer will recognize. Of course if there is an 'other' method of understanding dreams that led you in another direction, we would have to examine that. Nothing is set in stone when interpreting any image but the patterns that emerge when 'adding' the actions of the symbols together usually fall within the confines of a recognizable motif that reflects the dreamer's 'psychological' life {every experience in life is a psychological event}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present