Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Walking on turtles..

I had a dream several years ago, in which I was walking across grounds with large stone or brick buildings, like at a residential campus. The ground had these large bumps, and I came to realize that I was walking on turtles- the ground was full of turtles-incorporated into the ground, buried, but not totally covered. Any idea what the symbolism might have been? The season seemed to be late fall or winter, for the trees were mostly bare and the sky gray.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49, Wyoming, US

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? N

Re: Walking on turtles..

Maria,
You will to look at your life when you had this dream to understand its meaning. The dream is projecting your emotions at the time you had the dream. From my initial inspection of the dream hopefully things have improved since then.

The scenery in the dream probably says a lot about what your dream is trying to communicate. The winter season with bare trees and gray sky would indicate your deposition, from having the 'blues' to actual depression. The symbolism of the turtles can have several possibilities. Since turtles live in a shell they could represent 'sheltering' yourself from emotional aspects in your life, going into a shell. Because the 'turtles' are incorporated {the use of 'exact' words lends to the meaning of the dream} it could suggest these emotional aspects have become a part of you and/or your life. The ground, your foundations, are full of these turtles that are not totally covered {partially consciously awareness and partially unconscious}. The 'large bumps', which turn out to be the turtles, may be the 'bumps' in your life {those things that were current emotional extrusions in your life at the time of the dream}.

The dream may be addressing a specific emotional 'despondent' period in your life due to a particular event or experiences. Look back at that period of time and determine if there were experiences that would cause depression or 'low feelings'.

Another possibility, one that seems to better fit with the 'ground' in your dream is the phase of life you are going through, the 'mid-life stage'. This is a time for major changes in life, physical as well as psychological. You are getting older, you have accumulated a lot of emotional baggage, the body is undergoing major changes, instead of looking forward to the positives in life you begin to look back at all the negatives, the accumulated emotional baggage. Consciously you are aware of these changes. Unconsciously, the deeper emotions are even more aware. This time of life are often full 'highs' and lows', physical as well as emotional. Depression can be a common event. 'Hiding' in the unconscious are the accumulated experiences throughout life, waiting to be sorted through and made sense of. This is why it is often called the 'mid-life crazies'.

Look back at the time you had this dream and determine what was going on 'emotionally' in your life. If there is not a particular emotional event you can pinpoint then look at the mi-life issues. You are now and were then at that age of middle mid-life where the above changes mentioned begin to become more emotionally charged. The dream is a natural source of helping you sort through these accumulated emotions. My experience, both from working with dreams as well as my own phase of mid-life, is dreams will 'bring up' these matters because they have been left unresolved. Our dreams attempt to help resolve the emotional issues in life. We all go through this stage and we all have these issues.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present