Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dream

Hi. I'm an 18 year old college student, single and no-boyfriend-since-birth. I have once dreamt that i was like raped by a guy. In my dream i seem to know the guy, but when i saw his face, I honestly don't know who he is. As my dream went on, it says that I was impregnated by that guy. Then it's like I was in a party and he also happened to be there. I was trying to hide from him, but he followed me 'till I get in the elevator. We had something like an argument. I felt so angry with him, and then all of a sudden I felt like I was having a miscarriege of the baby inside me.

I think I dreamt of this a couple of years ago. I use to forget most of my dream, but this one seem to be clear to me. I don't what it means or does it have any connections to me. Hope you could help me figure it out :) thanks...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18; Manila, Philippines

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: dream

yza,
Unless there was an actual experience where you were raped, and then 'repressed' into your unconscious, the dream could be reflecting desires of sex and acceptance by the opposite sex.

Here are a couple other possibilities. You will need to look at your life and determine which fits. Dreams use a language that is symbolic.

Dreaming that you have been raped, suggests an expression of sexual desire. You may be expressing an unconscious desire to be violated, conquered, or forced into forbidden territory. Some women have a desire to be sexually overpowered, but not hurt.

Another possibility could be the rape is symbolic of being 'violated' not physically but psychologically. Such an experience could have affected your personality, your self-esteem. In this case the psychological 'rape' could represent vengeful feelings toward the opposite sex.

AS for the party and trying to hide from the guy who 'impregnated' you, hiding from him may suggest hiding from emotions having to do with sexual desires. An elevator takes you 'up and down', perhaps indicative of your emotions having to do with this aspect in your life. The argument would represent inner conflict within yourself. The anger could represent a true anger with guys in general {the anger perhaps coming from actual experiences of psychological abuse/rape}. The miscarriage would suggest 'purging' these unconscious emotions to conscious awareness. If there was psychological or physical abuse that has been repressed deep into the unconscious there would be that need to bring it out so to start the healing process {letting it remain 'hidden' will let in continue to unconsciously influence your personality/life}. If there is not any type of abuse but has to do with natural sexual desires then the miscarriage would likely represent 'bringing out' those emotions {of sexual desire} so you can confront those emotions.

If there was not an actual experience of physical rape {which, if you are not consciously aware but really happened, would have been repressed deep into the unconscious} then determine if there was an experience{s} of 'psychological rape', early life experiences where a male psychologically abused you {a father, close male friend or relative}. This would fit with the anger toward men in the dream and the need to get this out into the open consciously.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn. USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present