Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
water running through my basement

In the dream, I went into the basement of my house (in another town, from which I have recently moved). I was dismayed to see there was water on the basement floor, although there had been a little before, this was several inches deep, across a wider area, and seemed to be a flowing stream of water. Over by the window, on a slope (the real basement is flat), a literal stream of water was flowing into the house and across my floor. I found a pump which was there for the purpose but felt it would be a struggle to figure out how to use it properly, and that I was unlikely to succeed in time to stop the flood. And yet, looking at the picture rationally, there was no real flood. The water was probably coming off the mountainside, because it had rained so much recently, and even though it shouldn't have been coming into the basement like that, it was only a few inches and did not seem to be rising or getting out of control. Though I continued to worry about the pump and how to get it going, my thought was that the house would not fall apart even if the water continued to flow through it for awhile longer.

In the end, I woke up feeling blue , that this dream truly described failings and inadequacies in my life. I even felt some fear about whether there was some literal truth to the dream. There were sensory lingerings of the cold concrete and confinement of a basement, but also the clear flowing water and the light coming in from the window by the mountain side.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55, Alaska

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: water running through my basement

Jaime,
Going into the basement is descending into the depths of your psyche {the house is you, the basement your unconscious}. The deeper the basement the deeper the depths into the unconscious. In another town would imply another aspect of your total being. Having established you are recently divorced, and have begun a process of self discovery, this new town would likely have to do with these.
This being the opening statement of your dream sets the stage to what the dream is wishing to focus your attention.

Water is often symbolic of the emotions. Growing emotions, deeper emotions, in flow with your waking life. Into your waking life these previously deeper unconscious emotions are being realized/experienced. It is the realization of these deeper emotions {pump} that is causing the struggle in you are having to engage. Trying not to let the many changes you are now experiencing cause a flood of emotions you will be unable to control.

Stepping back, thinking rationally and not emotionally, {this is one half of my prescription in life, THINK PSYCHOLOGICALLY and LIVE SPIRITUALLY}, there is not a real flood but only what you emotionally think to be. So many emotional aspects to deal with in your waking life are now taking place, you are learning not to let the emotions rise. You are taking control, thinking objectively and logically. It is necessary to give thought and energies to the realities in life but doing so logically, thinking psychologically and not emotionally. By doing these the 'houseyou will not fall apart. It will take time to let the natural emotions to run its course.

The dream ending suggests with all the emotional luggage' you are having to carry you are going about it in the right way. Not letting the emotions overwhelm you, realizing the house will not fall apart due to recent changes in your life. Consciously you know you must take control, remain calm and begin your new life. Staying that path is how the hero/heroine not only survives but excels to greater heights.

The waking feelings probably have to do with the overwhelming emotional tasks you have before you. With all that you worry about, there is a light coming beyond those many obstacle {mountain you have to get over}. You are in a new phase of your life and there are many 'mountains' to climb. But you are thinking logically and this is a positive, the way you must, in the times when you feel depressed and all alone, remember to do. And do remember, there is that new house you are building, a new life, one of bliss and discovery. Lay one brick at a time, build that house on solid foundations of who you truly are and what you truly feel. Bliss will seek you out as you seek your bliss. Jung's synchronicity.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee       Gifford Fence Orlando

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present