Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Night Time Cemetery and a Closet

These are two dreams I had last night. I am posting them both because I think they are related, or are trying to communicate similar messages. I would really appreciate any insight anyone can give me about them.
I dreamt that it was late one night. The sky was completely dark, and I couldn’t see the moon or any stars. I was walking along a path in a cemetery that was lit by floodlights at one end. The winding path was clear, but not wide. One could walk along it but not drive. The cemetery was not overgrown, but it did have a lot of old oak trees branching over graves and drooping to the ground. I could tell that it was an old cemetery. As I was walking along the path, I noticed a round cover to a water main beside the path. I wondered what the water main was doing there, and then realized it was there for the sprinkler system that watered the plants in the cemetery. I walked to the back of the cemetery to a series of tables that were set up. The tables all had white table cloths. There were several archaeologists or scientists working on and around the tables. They were wearing white lab coats and some where carrying clipboards. The tables were lit by the floodlights. I sat down and began to work. My assignment was to fill out charts for scientific vocabulary words. In column one, I needed to draw a picture of the meaning word. In column two, I needed to define the word. I don’t remember what I did in the last three columns, but there were a total of five that went across the paper horizontally. I don’t remember what word I was working on, but the picture that I was drawing for it began with two circles touching each other. The outlines were black and the insides were a wine colored purple. I woke up before I worked any further.
The second dream involved a large closet in a house. The house was on top of a hill. The closet was a series of square compartments. The back wall was clear Plexiglas that looked out over a valley. The sun was shining and the view was beautiful. On one section of the closet, my mother had put rainbow colored, cheerful stickers on the Plexiglas so that anyone looking in would see the stickers. I was looking for something to wear, because I had to get to work. My parents kept bringing me clothes from other rooms to hang in the closet and kept wanting me to pick things up off the floor. I was looking through the outfits as quickly as I could because I wanted to get to work, and I was not always hanging them up. I found a hat that went with the outfit that I wanted to wear. The hat was a 1930s style cloche hat with a flower on the side, and the fabric was a print of the night sky. The top and skirt was made out of fabric that was night sky on the front that blended into day sky on the back. The edges of the hat and outfit had orange-red piping. I was looking for the outfit, but hadn’t found it when I woke up.
Thank you for any information you might be able to give me about these dreams.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Southern NM

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Night Time Cemetery and a Closet

Shelly,

I will interpret the two dreams in two separate posts since I will break down the symbols in detail. Breaking the two apart will allow more time to inspect the dreams. If time runs out before I get to both at least I will have set the stage in determining if they are related. The opening of both dreams do suggest that is a good possibility {cemeteries and closets being places where things are unseen, hidden or buried}.

First Dream
I sense two distinct aspects to this first dream. One has to do with possible waking life experiences, having to do with something you are working on but you are having difficulty in solving. Such events would be left to you to understand and put a definition to since they are about recent personal experienecs which are most difficult to understand when interpreting a dream.

The second involve the deeper aspects of your emotional life. Those would include earlier life experiences/influences that helped shape your personality and path in life. I sense a deep subduing of certain emotional events that need to be brought up so you can understand their controlling unconscious abilities over your waking life. The following mostly involves these deeper aspects since they seem to be the prime motivators for whatever the recent waking experiences are. Also it is these aspects a interpreter of dreams will more readily recognize {vs the recent waking life personal experiences}.Your age {44} is also a factor in looking to these deeper aspects since mid-life is usually the period in which such things become 'reflective' in life.

What forceful emotions do you have buried in your unconscious? Emotional forces that are either repressed, ignored, discarded or forgotten? These are often what a 'dream' cemetery symbolizes. Yet they are strong enough to force a re-emergence of their energy, in the unconscious mind via your dreams, attempting to put a spotlight on them so you will realize the importance they have in your conscious life {past experiences/influences, especially those from early life and/or traumatic events in life tend to be motivators and/or unconscious controllers of the dreamer's later life}.

The narrow path may suggest you have confined these emotions to a space within your unconscious so not to have to endure or confront the emotional pain they can present. The path is your journey in life and you may have restricted important parts of yourself due to unconscious influences from earlier emotional experiences. These emotions, being stored within the unconscious, need your conscious attention so to prevent further negative experiences in your future. Realizing and understanding these unconscious motivators could be a big step in restoring balance and harmony to your life {the round cover- anything round represents wholeness and balance-removing the cover would open your life to restoring what has been lost or hiddennegative emotional experiences are often repressed and it takes time to bring them up to consciousness because of the pain involved}. The series of tables may suggest you have aspects of your ego/social life that are partly responsive for this slow progression. This may suggest whatever were the origins of the emotional conflicts are still a part your present waking life. Perhaps a person or persons, or perhaps merely a repetition on your part having to do with experiences recent and in the past {repeating habits or mistakes in life}.

The 'white' tablecloths may suggest an element of purity or innocence that has to do with the motivators to these emotional events. Such suggestions may point to something that was lost earlier in life. One or several events/experiences, or a series of events/experiences/influences that helped shape your psyche, personality and path in life.

Archaeologists dig for evidence that leads to the historical truth. In this instance the historical facts are about your emotional life. The scientists, parts of your psyche, seek new discoveries of what is already known {scientists discover what is already there, in nature. In our human nature it is consider new evidence only because it is newly discovered}. In your dream there is one specific word that needs to be worked out, solved, resolved. The '{Word' would be meaningful to your whole self. The need is to be able to consciously express this unconscious diction. It crosses the whole spectrum of your psyche, suggesting it has a large influence over your life {unconscious as well as conscious}. What could this one word be?

The obvious associations having to do with the psyche would be the inner/outer aspects of the self. Again a circle represents wholeness and balance. If there are unresolved emotional conflicts within the unconscious due to past experiences/influences then they would have some affect on your conscious life also. But I sense something beyond that, a specific reference to something less general than this simple application of the two circles touching {although they probably do apply}. But this would more likely have to do with your current or recent waking life experiences. I suggest you look to what 'equations' or formulas you have recently worked with and see where they would fit. A clue would be they are causing some type of emotional conflict. I sense these are minor issues compared to the deeper aspects the dream is attempting to reveal.

Summary
The outlined images in black probably go back to unconscious aspects that are hidden or repressed. The purple 'insides' would likely symbolize unexplored dimensions of the self. What is within the unconscious is an aspect you are, or need to, explore. Something is buried and needs to be 'exhumed', dug up, and examined more thoroughly. It probably has to do with 'motivators' in your life. Either people or persons who have had an influence, and/or likely including unconscious stimuli from past experiences in life in general, beyond just persons but the negative experiences.
Are you in the process of a 'search', personal, psychological' and/or spiritual? If so then the stimulus for the dream would be partly conscious the conscious abscess may have to do with current or recent waking experiences that involve a 'solving' of a difficult problem in your life}. . If not then there would be strong unconscious forces you have yet to 'dig up' that need exhumation.
End of First Dream interpretation

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee       Gifford Fence Orlando

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Shelly,
As I expected I will have to look at your second dream later today. The social dragon {work & responsibilities} summons me early this morning, two contracts I must draw up and e-mail. On quick inspection I do sense the dream is dealing with 'closeted' issues within your unconscious. Clothing often symbolizes the outer self thus these unconscious issues may have to do with personality and emotional forces that have had an influence on you and your psyche. This would be getting at the deeper issues I spoke of from the first dream. I'll give this dream a in-depth examination and see what I can come up with.
In the mean time, if you have any comets on the first interpretation please provide those. They may help in understanding what these dreams are focusing.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Shelly,
I will finish my interpretation in the morning. The social dragon, aka my day job, kept me busy all day when I was expecting to have a half day for other things.

Jerry]meditate]

Jerry,
Thank you so much for looking at this for me. The idea of buried emotions does resonate. I am a teacher, and this year am working with a grade level I have never worked with before. We are also dealing with a great deal of restructuring and new personnel at my school. There are ways I would prefer to make a living, but with the economy the way it is, I feel trapped. I also am a caretaker for my parents, and recently my father had was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and had to move into an assisted living center. When I compare this information with the interpretation you have provided, I am able to make some connections. I am still pondering a deeper meaning that I believe is there, but I'm not making a connection yet.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Thank you again--I appreciate any insight at all, and truly, truly, appreciate your time and willingness to share your knowledge.

Shelly,
Your response about the many stresses in your life would explain the buried emotions having to do with present waking life experiences. The 'care taking' responsibilities with your parents could be a stimulus for a 'deeper' inspection of that relationship. I sense this deeper aspect is as much a focus of the dream as is the current stressful experiences. In some ways there may be a relationship of one to the other with your parents being the tie that binds the two. Examine your childhood and see if you can pin down 'hidden' emotions. The 'repetition' I mentioned in my interpretation may have to with 'repeated' experiences with your parents. The defining experiences/influences you had with them in early life and the experiences in the present which are a cause for stress.

I will provide an interpretation to the second dream after i finish this post. I will not go into a s deep detail as the first since you are needing time to analyze the deeper possibilities to that interpretation.

Jerry

Shelly,
Closets are where we store things and keep out of sight. This would likely be a comment on emotional aspects in your life. A large closet suggests 'large' emotional energies. The many facets of those energies, the compartments, would define the many and varied emotions to do with these 'hidden' emotional aspects. Being square in shape may symbolize feelings of being 'boxed' in. The clear Plexiglas could represent the unconscious knowledge of these emotions that need to be brought to conscious sight {a function of our dreams}.

One of the aspects, or compartments, that are 'closeted' has to do with mothers. From your response to my interpretation to your first dream you spoke of having to care for your parents. The mother element may involve these recent experiences. But most likely they are also focusing on other aspects of that relationship. The 'sticker's image may be a reference to experiences/influences to something about her that is 'stuck' in your psyche. This could have to do with past experiences that has formed your own personality {cheerful stickers may be an adjective of your general personality, perhaps also referring to inherent traits}.

Note: the description in the dream about the sun shining and the beautiful view' may be a reference to an overall general happy childhood. As would in one way the cheerful stickers.

The personality possibility is reinforced with the dream statement about 'clothes to wear'. Clothes is a general symbol for ego, personality, what shows on the outside. These are work clothes which may suggest there is work to be done in sorting out emotional aspects to do with your mother {in reference to this one compartment}.

Then there are the parents bringing 'clothes' from other rooms. Clothes from the past and now, with the new responsibilities, in the present. The affect your parents are having on your emotional self, then and now. Some of these things have to do with your general 'foundations' {floor} which you want to keep hidden/closeted. Looking through the outfits may refer to looking through the different aspects of who you are and have become because of the influences/experiences from earlier life. Getting to work may be a reference of a need to work through these issues. But is also likely a reference of the present situation, the requirements of care taking your parents. No time for rest, constant responsibilities.

The hat that matches the outfit. Hats often symbolize concealing some thing, emotional things you have kept closeted. Matching the outfit, your present personality and what formed your overall personality.
{Note: In Jungian dream psyche dreams have at least 'two' applications. In your dream the two would refer to past experiences and present experiences, and seemingly both having to do with 'mother'.

The description of the hat would probably fit your mother's generation. I sense this would be speaking to positive traits your mother possesses which could be inherent. But since you are 'looking' for that 'outfit' but could not find it would suggest those positive aspects are not now present.

Summary
It is seldom I offer a specific possibility to a dream interpretation but i will go off on a limb and d just that. Could it be with all the stresses that are now built up in your life that added responsibilities of care taking your parents, and your mother specifically since your father is in a home, are taking such an emotional toll you can not see the positives in your relationships with your mother. If your childhood was overall a positive one and you had a positive relationship with your mother, those aspects are no longer visible due to the present day circumstances. You are having to 'closet' your emotions. You unconsciously seek those beautiful days of childhood. The memories, if not positive aspects you have inherited from your mother, are hidden beneath the stresses you are now having to shoulder. At this stage of life, compared to your mother in the same stage {The hat was a 1930s style cloche hat with a flower - a positive} can not be found in the present circumstances of stressful responsibilities.

There may be other aspects to the mother relationship involved in this dream. If you examine that relationship you may discover what fits with the dream.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present