Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream Interptation

I was with two women and we were in a room of the house. We were discussing that a flood was coming and that we had to prepare for it. I went out and looked then came in side and clear water was coming into the house.

I was then talking with a man saying that the flood was a positive thing as it was good for the soil.

I was then back in the house and the water had risen outside and was now in the house, I then went to a room, similar to the home library, and there was water on the floor. It had begun to lap at the bottom of the bookcase and I begun to move some books. I remember talking to one of the women but not sure what I said at the time.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52 ACT

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Dream Interptation

Anthony,
A flood is symbolic of a 'flood of emotions' and the water the unconscious. The two women may refer to actual waking life persons in your life but also probably represent feminine qualities/aspects in your psyche. The room is one particular aspect that is playing on your mind at the time of the dream. Usually such emotions are of a negative nature but because the dream states the flood was positive that would suggest it is a positive to your personal growth.

The water outside would indicate outer emotions and coming into the house {the house is you} may suggest is something that is affecting your inner self. A library is a place of knowledge, inner knowledge about yourself, your life, your emotions. Taking a book to the woman may suggest you are giving in to feminine qualities.

Has there been a recent event/experience where you had a release of emotions? An experience where the emotions all of a sudden came in a 'flood'. It could have been related to actual recent waking life experiences and/or is an unconscious event where past emotional experiences have come 'flooding' back {it is usual for dreams to address more than one aspect of the dreamer's emotional life using the same symbols and metaphors, which is the language of dreams}. If it is the later it could be related to some recent experience that brought back the past emotions. The women would represent feminine qualities within you, the release of emotions or perhaps letting yourself be emotional.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee    &     Gifford Fence Orlando

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

In the past the my Anima has appeared in dreams as a double as opposed to a single female.

What first thought occurred to me is that I have been through a long period of depression so maybe its over.

Anthony,
Bouts of depression would be a 'classic' experience of a 'flood of emotions'. Such a release would also fit with the 'feminine' aspect. Appearing as a 'double' female may suggest this event was both an inner experience, the flood of emotions, as well as an outer ego experience involving a female. Have you had such an experience, perhaps the inner experience having associations with an actual woman {a woman being responsible or at least partly responsible for the bouts of depression?}

Jerry

Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee        Gifford Fence Orlando

Sadly I was born with a black dog and it comes and goes of its own accord, at times external stimulus triggers it but my wife is not one of those trigers.

Anthony,
Can you say the same about your mother, as a 'trigger'?

Jerry

My Mother? sadly she has been dead this pat twenty years and has very rarely or ever featured as my Anima. For a long time she would adopt the persona of girl friends in dreams.

Also have to admit at having gone through five years of Jungian therapy so pretty clued in however the meaning to this dream has been somewhat elusive to pin down.

Anthony,
'For a long time she {mother} would adopt the persona of girl friends in dreams'. Does that not suggest 'mother' associations to you? If not then how would you describe the 'persona' issues she adopted in your dreams? Would not such an 'adaption' suggest she was them and they were her? How did your Jungian analyst address this in your therapy?

Let's look at the dream again. I won't print it here but instead provide a link so it will appear in another window, which can be seen HERE.

Breaking Down the Dream by Symbols
The two women, and you were in a room of the house. By all definitions I have experienced in working with dreams with the house is you. The room is one aspect of your psyche. The outside of the house/you would likely symbolize your waking self, ego personality. Looking within may suggest your therapy. Jungian therapy is 'inward' looking. The clear water is seeing 'your emotions' clearly {with the help of the therapy}. And what are you seeing 'within' yourself? Two women. Who could these women be that are in your house/you?
"For a long time she {mother} would adopt the persona of girl friends in dreams"

Talking with a 'man', a positive thing. And it is good for the soil {personal growth}. The man, a good possibility is your therapist {'as well as your own inner therapist}.

Back in the house. More therapy? The outer waking self is still experiencing rising emotions. One particular aspect of your life, the room, is what is causing these 'rising emotions'. Working with the unconscious, through thearpy, you are wanting/needing to learn {library} the cause of these rising emotions. These emotions are related to the foundations of your psyche {floor in the house/YOU}. The emotional turmoil had begun to alter the deeper psyche and you needed to learn why. The one woman, who was two, is what the dream is addressing.

From your response about your mother adopting the persona of girl friends I would think this dream is pretty much straightforward. You have 'mother issues'. The opening statement in the dream lays the foundations for what emotional issues the dream is trying to communicate. "I was with two women and we were in a room of the house." The issue/room is about you and two women. Her 'adopting' the girl friend's personas. She is them, they her. Seems simple enough.

What did you Jungian therapist have to say about such matters? Were there discussions of 'mother issues'? And if so, did you ever get to the deeper depths of the unconscious and discover what were the 'foundations/floor' for such issues? How has relationships with women in your life turned out? Have they 'adopted'/inherited unconscious associations you have with your mother? In the conclusion of the dream you are 'talking to one of the women'. Have the two women become one?

Perhaps other dreams will provide deeper insights to the possibilities?

One last questions. Did your therapist use dream therapy in working through your issues? If so did he/she have this dream to work with? And if so the conclusions were?

Jerry

My analyst used to position the anima so, as a Catholic we have Mary, who is separate from the Mother principally in terms of Sophia. So I would at times have her adopt the persona of one of the celtic goddesses when she had something profound to say to me. Which was never straight forward but that is the dream for you. So I never had that Anima projection on to the Mother in my dreams, in life hmm? Don't think so but bears thinking about.

My anima accused me of making her into other women in a dream. And she did it in a very powerful manner.

PS the therapy was done about 18 years ago. I agree with a lot of what you have said and I thank you for it. As for mother issues well they were dealt with initially when I started therapy let us say that process of cathexis and subsequent catharsis. If anything I learnt one should feel first think second.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present