Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Movie: Jung & Freud, Jung's Illicit Love Affair With Sabina Spielrein

A Dangerous Method

Carl Jung, His Relationship With Freud, Jung's Illicit Love Affair

On the eve of World War I, Zurich and Vienna are the setting for a dark tale of sexual and intellectual discovery. Drawn from true-life events, A DANGEROUS METHOD explores the turbulent relationships between fledgling psychiatrist Carl Jung, his mentor Sigmund Freud and Sabina Spielrein, the beautiful but disturbed young woman who comes between them.

Sensuality, ambition and deceit set the scene for the pivotal moment when Jung, Freud and Sabina come together and split apart, forever changing the face of modern thought.

Watch Trailer

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee    &     Gifford Fence Orlando

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Movie: Jung & Freud, Jung's Illicit Love Affair With Sabina Spielrein

Hi Gerry, I just watched it, I thought it was even better than The Soul Keeper, which is very similar. A Dangerous Method highlights some of the most pivotal events of Jung and Freud's relationship, stuff that I think I only read in Dreams and Reflections. The most interesting part for me was when Spielrein brought her death instinct theory to Freud. I have run across the theory but never paid it much attention, and if you are not familiar with it or haven't seen the movie yet, it is kind of a challenge to Freud's sexual theory, in that she saw the sex instinct as a desire to go beyond one's ego desires, instead of fulfilling one's ego, as Freud would have saw it. She ventured that the sex instinct is in part a desire to extinguish or transcend one's ego world, and so it begs the question perhaps, are there other non sexual ways of experiencing the oneness behind the mana (illusion) of the world. Just some thoughts, I realize I should look into it more before I can understand how the notion of death comes into the scenerio.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 Missoula MT

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present