Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tall Baby

Hi,
Last night I dreamed that I was delivering a baby (in the dream I am aware I am 50 years old). The baby is born, and it is a boy. The baby stands up and is almost as tall as me and resembles a six year old boy. I am very surprised by this, and think to myself "why have I had a baby at 50 years old...this is going to be so hard" I also remember trying to come up with a name for the baby, and I am trying to type "baby names" on my computer search bar, and my fingers keep hitting the wrong keys. I am very frustrated about this, and give up. I remember telling someone that I was thinking of naming him Stephen Jonathan (don't know of any significance of this name, except that my brother's name is Steven). The whole feeling of the dream was that I felt very overwhelmed.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50, Northeast PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Tall Baby

Linda,
The opening statement suggests something new is occurring in the present time, something new is 'being born' at the age of 50. The new baby is a boy, perhaps suggesting something to do with 'standing up' and being tall as you should be in some aspect of your life {standing up for yourself is a masculine quality}. It is hard for you to do this at this stage of your life. You are having difficulty in expressing this part of yourself, feelings of frustration perhaps having real life associations. Also look to real life experiences of feeling overwhelmed.

As for naming this 'new baby' Stephen Jonathan. The spelling is different to your brother's name such nuances can be important} but could have associations with your brother.

Look to what i have provided and see if it fits somewhere in your life.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee    &     Gifford Fence Orlando

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your insight. It really made me think, because I was just recently fired from my job as a surgical nurse, and it hit me really hard. I caught one of the doctor's (the owner of the surgery center) lying to someone about something that I felt was very important. I confronted him about lying, and I got fired a week later. So, your interpretation was very interesting to me! I guess I am facing a new beginning;standing up for myself didn't turn out so good for my employment, but I felt like it was good for my soul.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Linda,
Thanks for your response. It does seem to fit with what i sensed from your dream. Dreams speak in a language of symbol and metaphor and are focusing on emotional conflicts. The new baby would represent a 'new birth' of some aspect of your life. Being and believing in principles may be as much about this new baby as the other new changes that were prompted by leaving your old job. Often dreams of someone in their 50s is more about reflecting on the past, emotional experiences from earlier life that are unresolved. But because you were having a baby at 50 the dream gave me cause to believe it was about more recent emotional events. The built up frustrations could be about those while working the old job as well as new frustrations over losing it. The dream is attempting to help you sort through the emotions and find a balance.

'Standing tall' does seem to be an important aspect of the dream so this is probably a comment also about underlying issues from early life experiences. Dreams have at least two applications, often addressing recent emotional issues as well as deeper, earlier issues. If you will examine your life you may find instances where 'standing tall' and being your true self were actual experiences. Taking a 'stand' in this instance may be a positive although losing your job would suggest otherwise. Being honest with yourself and with the world is how you must approach life or 'Karma' will prevail in some manner. Positive actions produce positive results. Exposing the lying doctor was the right thing to do and because nature has a mechanism {nature, in my view, has its own 'higher authority' and living to the highest standards will produce positives}somewhere in the future you will benefit from this positive Karma. But to make the positive Karma continue to work you must remain 'tall' in your principles and not let the negatives {as the doctor did, and he will rule those actions} dictate your actions.

In simple terms, for your positive actions as well as the doctor's negative actions, 'what goes around comes around". It is a law of nature.

Because of my belief in Karma I would be interested in learning what those positives turn out to be. If you will post those experiences when they happen, and they will, I would greatly appreciate it.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee    &     Gifford Fence Orlando

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jerry,
Thank you, thank you, thank you....your words helped me immensely. I, too, believe in Karma, and I will let you know how it all unfolds.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present