Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My heart was falling out of my chest

Yes, yes, yes. You hit it perfect!!

My son has just gone into maintenance for High risk leukemia. My heart dies a little every day with what he has to go through and my worries of what may happen in the future.

My hubby not so supportive of me, well maybe not that-but he is not a very emotional man, more strong, proud and logical, me I am a person who thinks with my heart and intuition, not so much my head. We have never really sat and discussed everything that we have been going through with our son.

Thank you so much for interpreting this dream for me, if you can further dissect or give me anymore insight it would be so very appreciated.

You said that people dream every night why is it that the only ones I can remember vividly or at all is these terrible dreams aka nightmares? Can I fix it so that I remember more happy stuff too?

Thank you so much for being generous with your time!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 40 yrs, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: My heart was falling out of my chest

Khepria,
The dream does seem to focus on the emotions, understandable due to the difficult circumstances involving your son. The dream also seems to focus on a need/desire for emotional support {the dream contents are about you and your emotions}. This may be addressing your husband's personality of objectivity {a common male reaction, not able/afraid to show his emotions}. Going through the hospital would be a search for your emotional healing {as well as possibly addressing your son's medical condition which would be a reason for your emotional response}. The constant appearance of theaters in your dreams may be the focus of your emotional self, playing out 'on the stage of life'. Dreams are about our emotions.

The ending of a dream can be important. The two men could represent the attitude of your husband, and how you should be more objective like him {one would be your husband, the other your own masculine qualities}. Being in the closet would be 'storing/hiding these masculine aspects', possibly a reference to your personality, and not wanting to be the objective type {the primary focus of the dream is your emotional self}. Your husband offers little help in your emotional response, all the while as you seek that emotional support. This emotional support is probably a focus of the dream.

A suggestion. If you are not receiving the emotional support from your husband it may be advisable to seek that support elsewhere. The dream does seem to be pointing to an overwhelming emotional cry for help. With all the stress you are under due to your son's condition, and a husband whose personality is not supportive { this doesn't necessarily make him a bad person}, finding an 'outlet' for your emotions would be crucial. This may be the prime focus of the dream, finding a way to express yourself and having support in healing your heart.

The deeper issue would be 'why are you such an emotional type?' {dreams usually address the two aspects-the condition and also the underlying reasons for it}. That would go back to early life experiences/influences and at some time in the future something you may want to examine in more detail. For the moment though the real issue would be the emotions and finding support you need in this stressful period of your life.

As for your dreams. 'Fixing' the dream is not something many can do. Since dreams are therapeutic by nature {think of dreams as being like your body's immune system-helping you fight off emotional disease}, and because nature gave us dreams so to help with the emotions, changing them is not something that is meant to be. There is one possible avenue to 'changing' the contents of our dreams, albeit on a limited basis. It is called lucid dreaming. This is where you take control of your dreams. But it takes a lot of effort and training. Plus I am one who believes it is not the best route to take for most people since it does alter nature's intention of a therapeutic tool. Dreams reveal your true self, true emotional conditions so you are able to better understand what you may not consciously be aware of. They reflect your conscious life but also provide unconscious aspects that you may have repressed, ignored or forgotten. Plus, as I mentioned, it goes to the underlying causes for why you act as you do, why you are who you are. Understanding these aspects will let you adjust whatever is out of balance in your life.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee    &     Gifford Fence Orlando

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present