Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I meant no harm

Wanda,
First off let me say the 'dying' aspect in your son's dream should not be taken seriously. It is symbolic and not something real that will occur because he dreamed of it.

The minds of a developing child is much different from those of an adult. Whereas adults have experienced life and 'accumulated emotional baggage' for which dreams attempt to help reconcile, children for the most part are free to visualize the world more in fantasy than reality. The 'Kung Foo Fighters' a child sees on TV or in an electronic game can filter into that dream world and appear in their dreams, not necessarily as a personal experience but as a fantasy still being played out. Whereas with adults one {in the field of psychology} would assume the contents of a dream stands in relationship to consciousness emotional conflict {the dream will reflect emotional stimuli in the waking life}, for children it can be different. The fighter would be the child {symbolically} but the action would not necessarily portray a waking life conflict. The fighter in your son's dream could be an illustration of his fantasy mind and the actions a part of that.

But we can not dismiss the symbolic forms within a child's dream as total nonsense. Even in early life emotional conflicts can be the focus of the dream, focusing on real life experiences. If for instance your son had a waking experience where there was guilt involved then the dream may be addressing those issues. He would be the fighter, the meanest, baddest fighter {as experienced in fantasy games and TV}. Being run out of town could be a guilt emotion, the association of the town being symbolic of his whole self {a norm for an adult}. Being 'run out of town for being mean' may be reflective of a waking experience. He meant no harm and it is his own psyche that is 'coming up against him'. Breathe is a symbol for life and guilt could restrict this life serving aspect and symbolically appear in his dream. The people could represent real people in waking {perhaps parents or peers}. Or/and they could be symbolic of his own aspects. The restricted guilt would not being allowed to be his normal 'good' self and that changes things {death is symbolic of change-something comes to an end} in relationship to good and being bad. Being the meanest, baddest fighter may be symbolic of guilt from actions in his waking life {again, do not take the death image seriously}. Seldom 'if ever' does death in a dream represent a real death}. Guilt in his waking life may be the stimulus for his dream.

Or it could be mostly fantasy intertwined with bits of reality. It is hard to discern a child's dream unless there is a deeper examination of the child psychologically. Even then it may be hard to pin down. If a child is experiencing some type of physical or psychological abuse then the dream could be addressing those issues. I don't see that in this dream and if he is living pretty much a normal childhood then I would dismiss that possibility. At best 'being run out of town' would be a normal illustration of a non-serious emotional conflict. A child changes {dies} a little every day because his body as well as his/her psyche is in the process of constant change. Dreams are mostly symbolic, especially in adult dreams, but without life experiences that reflect the emotional conflicts, as with a normal child, a mixture of reality and fantasy will be as much a norm. A child's mind is free to wonder, unlike an adult who becomes more restricted in the 'wonders' of life and more focused on the conflicts.
To be a child again, and forever.

To learn more about children's dreams I suggest the book Children's Dreams by Carl Jung. This is not the easiest reading but as with all aspects of dreams Jung knows best. His philosophies are the basis for my method of interpreting dreams. An examination of the several thousand dreams posted here at the Dream Forum will demonstrate his theories are correct. Jung got it right when it comes to understanding the psyche.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee    &     Gifford Fence Orlando

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present