Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dreamt of childhood dog, and first love together

I was walking down a street with my dog (who passed away when I was around 16) She grew up with me. She appeared very happy like she was smiling and seemed like she was prancing when she walked, her fur was lighter and she was so clean and young looking. Along with me walking was my first love and best friend, who I still remain in contact with. He was talking to me while my dog was happily looking at me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33 Nevada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Dreamt of childhood dog, and first love together

Melinda,

Dreams address the emotional issues a person is experiencing 'at the time of the dream' and while most are negative in scope {dreams are therapeutic in nature and help to resolve negative emotional conflicts} there are those dreams that simply reflect emotional themes in general. Obviously your dream is 'looking back' to an earlier time in your life but for what reason would take an analysis of other dreams and/or your life. The dream possesses a positive attitude and that could be important in understanding its focus and message.

Dreams 'speak' in a language of in metaphor and symbol and while your dog would represent herself in general she would also symbolize your human animal attitude, a promising life at the age of 16. The inclusion of your first love may suggest 'reflection' of 'love' in general but could be addressing current themes in the present as opposed to earlier times when life and love were very promising. Perhaps life is not so promising in the present day. On the other hand, if life and love continue to be promising in 2012, then the reflection in the dream would be a continuing dialog about those aspects of your life.

Although this may be a reflection as mentioned likely there has been recent events in your life that stimulated the dream. Something possibly to do with love in the present day or even perhaps recent contact with your first love/current male friend that could have stimulated such a dream. The inclusion of your dog may have been caused by an actual dog but probably she was included because she best exemplified your attitude at the age of 16 and was the symbolic reference because of that. In either case I would look back over the past several days and see what could have stimulated this dream. Look for things to do with love, a promising future or even life at the age of 16. Reflecting back is often a response to something you wish for in the present time {again, dreams are therapeutic in nature and help to resolve negative emotional conflicts}. Early life is where the foundations of who we become later in life begin and what becomes out of balance emotionally later in life have a lot to do with earlier life experiences/influences. The positive images in the dream are in some way related to aspects of your current life. Unfortunately the best a good interpreter of dreams can do is see the periphery of the dream. It is left to the dreamer to fill in the blanks since it is he/her whose life the dream is about. Let me know what you come up with after reading my interpretations and perhaps we will be able to determine more from that.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee    &     Gifford Fence Orlando
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Dreamt of childhood dog, and first love together

Thank you for that detailed interpretation:)I have been in conflict with my first love recently, where we are talking and wish we could have a life together, but cannot, so I guess I am reflecting on those days of the freedom to choose my life path, and may have some regret. My dog used to sleep on my bed every night until she passed, and I sometimes still feel her at the end of my bed..and it is like she is still with me:)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33 Nevada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present