Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: dark night dream

And, thank you for your time and insight!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45, Southern NM

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: dark night dream

pillywiggin,
Exactly. Dreams reflect the waking life emotions. Not only current waking stresses but also the deeper issues from earlier life that may be in conflict. Depending on the individual, and the emotions that are most in conflict, the dream tries to help resolve them by presenting the issues in a symbolic language. If there are serious early life unresolved emotional issues the dream will often highlight those conflicts as the primary topic of the nightly dream {we dream every night, several times a night}. What is more amazing is dreams will merge current waking life issues like yours with the deeper aspects. Depending on which is most in conflict, current or early life issues, the dream will attempt in helping resolve the emotional conflicts caused by the experiences. Even though we can see this dream is focused on current issues if we go deep enough into your psyche, and go back and analyze your early life, we would likely connect the dream images to the early life.
Does the inclusion of the 'military' have any early life associations?

Dreams are therapeutic. Much like the body's immune system dreams are nature's devise in helping correct what needs healing psychologically. Carl Jung not only decoded the language of dreams {symbol and metaphor} he also discovered this therapeutic aspect of the dream {his personality typing. introvert, extrovert, etc., is recognized as valid in psychology and is the basis for the Meyers & Briggs Personality Typing}. Recent scientific studies in psychology, neurology, neuroscience/brain chemistry confirm much of what Jung proposed as early as 1930s.

Dreams are no longer the great mystery they once were. Most valid dream sites either use Jungian psyche or methods similar to his theories {the associations being with symbol and metaphor}. If the dream is examined as a psychological event it can be understood. Dreams are a direct link to the unconscious and psychologists are beginning to recognize the value of interpreting dreams to access unconscious contents. Those like myself who have an intuitive connection to the dream {and spend 20 years studying Jungian psyche} can correctly interpret dreams. I am not a psychologist and did not begin my education until I was in my early 40s. Using Jungian psyche along with an intuitive mind {I think of myself as an intuitive Jungian}, you can see how dreams can be decoded and understood even by 'laypersons' like myself.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee    &     Gifford Fence Orlando
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present