Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Snapdragon & Palm Leaves

An aunt passed away over 5 years ago and she appeared to me in my dream. I was sitting in front of her and she motioned for me to come to her. As I approached her, I noticed she had flowers in her hand which were snapdragons. She wrapped two snapdragons individually with palm leaves and she handed them to me. She never said a word to me but I thought those were the most beautiful flowers I had ever seen. I walked back to my chair and sat down looking at her. She was always a very cheerful, loving, caring and affectionate type of person but her face displayed a sadness I had never seen before. I woke up at this point.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46 san antonio, tx

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Snapdragon & Palm Leaves

Mel,

Your perceptions of your dead aunt obviously have a lot to do with your dream. But your dreams are primarily about your emotional life and we should look to that as the focus of the dream.

There are contrasts in the dream with your aunt being in life cheerful, loving and compassionate. Yet the look on her face was one of sadness, 'something you had never seen.' There is also the 'two' flowers individually which may suggest the opposites or conflict. And these particular flowers are snapdragons which have their own folklore:

Legend has it that concealing a snapdragon makes a person appear fascinating and cordial, and in the language of flowers, snapdragons are said to represent both deception (perhaps tied to the notion of concealment) and graciousness.

Note: In the dream these flowers are wrapped/concealed in palm leaves which fits with the legend.
There may be the question of why the dream uses these particular flowers as symbolic references to your life when in reality you had no idea of their legend or meaning. It is because all humans possess what Carl Jung termed 'archetypal connections to nature which provides us all with sensory images of all the possibilities within nature.

How does this fit in your life? In the dream there is a concealment and the two opposites, sad and happy. This is something 'you have never seen before', suggesting a first time this emotional aspect has appeared in your life. Look to your emotional state of being and perhaps you will see connections. Although the dream could merely be focused on the sadness of losing your very cheerful and loving aunt, most often there is a deeper message. About your emotional self.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee
Nashville/Murfreesboro/Brentwood/ Franklin/ Lebanon/Hendersonville/Mt. Juliet/Springhill
Gifford Fence Orlando/Gifford Fence Melbourne
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics/Dream Interpretation Space Coast

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Murfreesboro , Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present