Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: painter

Laura,
First off let's refresh the theory that your dream is about you and your father-in-law's inclusion would be in association with your emotional life. Such a short dream could hold a lot of information.

Two ways to look at the dream {your age would suggest both are possible}. One would be where there are waking life experiences to do with actual people, your father-in-law and his wife and daughters. This is explained below.

The second would be the daughters and wife are aspects of yourself, you are the daughter and wife. This is also addressed below.

On the first possibility. My sense is the dream is addressing your impressions of your father-in-law, 'creative' impressions you see but other members of his family do not. Do you have a high opinion of your father-in-law, an opinion others may not agree with?

To paint is to create an impression, in this case an impression of your father-in-law. His daughters and wife not letting him paint would be in opposition to your impressions.

The attic is the thinking self/mind and the studio a part {apartment} of that thinking. Because it has no roof the 'sky is the limit'. There are high impressions/expectations.

The wife and daughters sitting may suggest they are 'innocent', do not agree with this impression. Has there been a recent experience where there was a difference of opinion about your father-in-law?

On the second possibility. You are the daughters and wife, and perhaps the father-in-law {a masculine aspect of your psyche}. As a daughter and a wife you will not allow related masculine aspects of your psyche to express itself. Or it could be about allowing yourself to have certain 'impressions' of your father-in-law. Or should not allow {going back to the high impressions you may have of him}. As a daughter and a mother there may be 'intuitive' aspects that counter the thinking aspects you have of your father-in-law. In other words you may think one thing about him but intuitively you 'sense' something else.

I offer the different possibilities because it is difficult to determine from such a short dream what the message may be. Also, at your age {32} actual waking life experiences would still tend to be a focus of your dreams {whereas in later years the symbols would be more metaphorical, as in all the people in the dream being aspects of yourself}. Look at the possibilities I have provided and determine which fits best. It could be more than one does. Your intuitive impressions as well as actual recent waking life experiences.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee
Nashville/Murfreesboro/Brentwood/ Franklin/ Lebanon/Hendersonville/Mt. Juliet/Springhill
Gifford Fence Orlando/Gifford Fence Melbourne
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics/Dream Interpretation Space Coast

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Murfreesboro , Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present