Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
hotel on fire

I was in a hotel in England. Suddenly the fire alarm is sounded and we tourists are told to take our things and get out. I take automatically some things (I don't remember what) and get out, knowing that this is what should be done in such situations. I also noticed a slow burning flame outside the window, close to my room, on the roof. In the hall, on the ground floor, I notice several men standing and guarding (they are bodyguards or hotel staff). I also notice that tourists getting out tell them and show them that they have taken their plane tickets with them to which the men reply with ok. I realize I haven't taken my plane tickets and passport and I wonder quickly whether this won't mean trouble getting other ones, new ones and I tell one of the men what I haven't done. He tells me, with a typical English calm, that I will have trouble getting new ones and that I still have time to recuperate the papers and tickets in my room. The only thing to keep in mind is that I shouldn't take the elevator but use the stairs. I hurry upstairs. He seems he knows what he is talking about, so I go upstairs.
There is no fear in this dream. Not from me, not from the other tourists and certainly not from the staff/bodyguards. Just a sense of time passing. (As I have a limited time left to recuperate my papers and tickets. And the burning is done slowly, but irreversibly. We are all aware that the hotel is burning (slowly) and nothing can be done about it.)
Later in the dream I find myself flying, floating with great ease over the dark, burned hotel. On that wall all belongings we had left in our rooms are neatly stored in drawers.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29, Romania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: hotel on fire

Anna,
Your dream contains several symbols that point to personality aspects or issues. The hotel, the ticket and passport are symbols that often represent personality transformations/changes or self discovery. The slow burning flame may symbolize passion/desire to achieve these changes. It is something that may be occupying your conscious thoughts.

But there is something preventing success in this venture. Old aspects must be accepted in order for you to progress. It will require personal effort to achieve, it won't come easy {stairs instead of elevator}. The tourists may represent exploring new possibilities, their having the needed papers a sign this is something you need/want to do. There is a feeling your time is limited in this endeavor. It is a slow process. You are needing to leave the old self, old ways of looking at things behind, put your past into a proper perspection.

Are you going through personal and/or emotional changes? The dream does seem to be pointing to emotions pertaining to changes in your life, leaving the old and finding something new.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee
Nashville/Murfreesboro/Brentwood/ Franklin/ Lebanon/Hendersonville/Mt. Juliet/Springhill
Gifford Fence Orlando/Gifford Fence Melbourne
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics/Dream Interpretation Space Coast

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Murfreesboro , Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present