Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Transitions-My Journey to Wholeness

A note about my journey. I am going through a major transition in my life involving so many forces it is often hard to discern what is up and what is down. In March I took early retirement {I am officially retired} but have to work several more months to generate enough income to make my move to Florida {from Middle Tennessee} and to put personal needs in order. One is the fence construction business I started 34 years ago and handed over to my son {I have managed it for the past 4 years for him}. We want to make it pay off as long as possible even after I move {my son has the fence business in Orlando and plans to stay there}. Another is family. My mother is in her 80s and in declining health and it is not easy to plan my move knowing she has so little time left on this earth. But I either take this opportunity now or let the chance pass me by.

A third obstacle is the move itself. Even though I am single I do have four cats and a dog which are my family and finding a home in my new location {my plan is to relocate to the Space Coast area of Florida} for them is a huge obstacle. I will have to rent as a start and most do not allow pets. There is no way I will leave my family behind, I have too much invested in them emotionally.

My plan is to be able to make my final move in October. And although there are many things that must fall into place I am confident it all will happen. This is the one aspect of the hero journey I already have experience with. As Joseph Campbell states, 'do not be afraid, follow your bliss and you will come to bliss'. This is my second chance at relocating to Florida {I first did so in 1994 for a short time and back then everything fell into place}. This time I will get it right.

Refusal of the Call: The hero may actually refuse the initial call to adventure, usually from their fear of change. The hero will eventually go on his journey, either from "encouragement" by a supernatural force or by an event that almost forces the hero to move beyond his home.

Campbell tells us we have two chances. That applies in so many ways. One application in my life is my move {it is the ocean that beacons me, the vastness of the unexplored depths pulling my soul to be closer to my origins}. Another is my bliss itself. I have always been interested in psychology but as a youth I did not take up the mantle to explore that interest. It was at mid-life when I discovered Campbell that I realized this was my path in life. The first chance comes in our youth. The second at mid-life. I can remember several myths that address this aspect of the journey, they {myths} being the source of understanding that helps me travel my path. At 62 I will not have another chance. I will take advantage of this last opportunity.

Road of Trials
This is life. The most enduring trial is psychological, and no doubt has been for me. Having had a father who left my mother and four children never to have anything to do with us. This is a familiar pattern in myth and psychology. It took me 35 years to break away from my desire to be close to my father {he was a self centered person until the day he died}. Similarities to Luke Skywalker, the dark forces of the father. Overcoming the psychological affects are paramount to the journey, is in the end the real journey.

Atonement with the Father: Eventually in his journey, the hero may encounter a fatherly figure with much authority. The father figure (like the goddess) can be portrayed as a man who feels threatened by the hero or as a man who helps the hero in his journey. Either way, the hero must reconcile with the father to understand him and himself.

I have reconciled that aspect of my life and have been able to move past those barriers. The psychology from childhood has so much influence on what a person becomes. I see these patterns in dreams often. My experiences lend themselves to my ability to understand the dream. Experience no doubt is the best teacher.

Crossing the First Threshold: This "threshold" the hero must cross is what separates the hero from the comforts of his home to the adventurous new world filled with mystery and danger. Sometimes the threshold is guarded by a gatekeeper whom the hero must defeat.

Trials and realizations are what life are all about {Campbell}. But this stage of my journey has been most stressful. I have spent a better part of the past 18 years working part time with the fence business to make a living and giving the rest of my time to following my bliss. But these past four years I have had to spend so much time with the business and too little time to my bliss. During the first 14 years is when I developed my skills in dream interpretation. The past 14 years have also been in the development, creation and fostering of my website Myths-Dreams-Symbols. I am self educated in web design so what I have created is truly an example of the creative Self overcoming the obstacles of the self. MDS is my true self, my other self, that person I will 'wholly' become once I retire permanently.

'To be in that place where the garden begins and the world ends'.In Campbell's visit to the Shinto temple in Japan and his encounter with the priest, his/Campbell's comment was, ‘I’ve been to your Shinto shrines and I’ve seen quite a few of your ceremonies’, he explained, ‘but I still don’t get your ideology or your theology.’ The Japanese priest pondered the visiting sociologist’s question and then respectfully answered with a smile. ‘We do not have ideology. We do not have theology. We dance.’
That is what I so look forward to, the dance.

My Bliss
I have been asked many times when discussing Jungian psyche, spirituality and the hero's journey if I was a teacher. My reply has been, not yet. When I am in my new environment and where I do not have the responsibilities society puts on me I do plan to teach.

Apotheosis: A hero's apotheosis is achieved when he comes to a realization about the purpose of life and himself. With an expanded consciousness, he views the world in an entirely different way than when he first started his journey. Usually, the hero at this point becomes a selfless person who always cares for others before himself.

To teach what I have learned from my journey. When I do have conversations with others about these topics I have a mind and ability to communicate in a way that is understood. Most i do speak with have no or little experience or knowledge of these things which I speak of. But so often they go away with a fascination that speaks volumes to the power of articulating the message. This is when I am in my true environment, my true self coming through the facade of the ego personality I will be leaving behind.

The Ultimate Boon: With the new knowledge the hero acquired in his apotheosis, he now wishes to share it with the rest of mankind. Usually, the knowledge the hero obtains is related to immortality, where an indestructible live continues after the death of the body.

RETURN
I am returning to the place I wish to be, my second chance. There is where I will become whole and begin a new career. Not governed by society but by my bliss.

Crossing of the Return Threshold: As the hero travels to return home on his journey, he must once again cross the threshold separating his home and the new world. He may have to defeat another gatekeeper, and in the process become "reborn" with his humanity after his "death" from crossing the threshold the first time.

These past months have indeed been a fight against the 'gatekeeper' {social duty trying to keep me away from my bliss}. Once again I must undergo a rebirth having had to give to the social requirements of fulfilling for my son what my father never gave me. An opportunity to live a life within society that is psychologically sound. These are commitments I mad voluntarily. Little did I know the difficulty of once again having to serve the social dragon and how it takes a toll on the inner self that is obligated to another world, the world of bliss.

Master of Two Worlds: Once the hero crosses the threshold, he comes to realize that there really is nothing separating his home from the new world. He now understands the differences and the balance between the comfortable safety of his home and the new world. With this understanding, he has also balanced his character and mind.

I have come to master both worlds. This will likely be the best year of the 34 years of doing business. Because I do care about people and strive to provide the best I can when doing business my reputation has been a blessing. And with the new world of the internet our placement when Googling has benefited from the years I dedicated to creating Myths-Dreams-Symbols {It being the anchor for my other websites and the high rankings they receive}. My people skills and my intuitive mind have been of great benefit no doubt {I developed my people skills when I worked for 12 years with the public in my position as a environmental health/codes inspector during the 70s and early 80s}.

As for the 'other' world for which I strive to be in.

Freedom to Live: Now with the journey complete, the hero has reached an understanding with himself and can now live freely between his home and the new world. With his newfound knowledge, he can now be beneficial to the world.

I have full confidence once I am in my new environment I will be able to master that world also. Sharing what i have learned, the 'knowledge' that is available to the senses that will help others find their way, and hopefully their bliss. There is a 'knowledge' beyond the normal senses, I am sure of that. But to get to that place where the garden begins and the world of social duty ends. There first has to be a psychological change. A statement I believe true is,
'life is a psychological journey', first and foremost.

One important thing I plan to do when I am fully able to experience my bliss is to redo my Myths-Dreams-Symbols website. I have created more than 500 pages over the years and I want to reconstruct the site so it is cohesive and more powerful. Because it is an expression of my true self I want it to reflect the knowledge I have gathered in my journey. There are 'secrets' beyond the norm and having learned many of them I believe it is important to share the 'inner' knowledge {gnosis}. Bringing others to a place where the spiritual self is what governs life, that is what I believe to be the most important aspect of the hero journey. It does involve discipline, living WWJD and not just talking about it. Reaching a higher level of consciousness, WWBD {what would the Buddha do?}.

Stay tuned. I will let everyone know when I am in my place of bliss and will invite 'you all' to visit me in sunny Florida.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee
Nashville/Murfreesboro/Brentwood/ Franklin/ Lebanon/Hendersonville/Mt. Juliet/Springhill
Gifford Fence Orlando/Gifford Fence Melbourne
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics/Dream Interpretation Space Coast

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Murfreesboro , Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present