Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Buried ancient statues

Hi Jerry

Thanks for the response.

I agree with the symbology of the cave filled with water as being the depths of the unconscious.

Carl Sagan, my personal association of Carl Sagan is with watching his TV show Cosmos with my father and brother at a very young age. He, as a character, has always stuck with me as a strong scientific intellect who explored the unknown. Thus his character fits in my association with intellectual delving into my unknown psyche, fitting in with the symbol of the archaelogical dig site.

The part I didn't understand was what the statues represent exactly. I associated it with something that was becoming illuminated - coming to light. Something awakening in my psyche.

In my waking life I believe it would be associated with several realisations. Firstly I am fortunate enough to have purchased the entire Power of Myth series on CD audiobook, and listen to these whilst at work, along with whatever audio of lectures of Joseph Campbell's I can find. It is a powerful series and listening to the passion with which Joe speaks has captured my imagination in regards to the myths.

I have also woken up to the adventure of my life. I am working on some very interesting areas in my career, and I have become very aware of the fact that my life is a great adventure, and how that realisation catches you and suddenly colours everything going on around you in a completely different light. The mundane job of fighting the social dragon of duty, suddenly becomes just as exciting an adventure.

I have thought recently about how this applys to some people I have observed recently, who spend a great deal of hours after dark sitting in front of their computers playing games. It is an addiction, it really is, and I have seen how that has effected my own life. And what I get out of these games is a sense of adventure, that I wasn't seeing in my mundane life. But now that I do see my life as an adventure, I still enjoy the computer games for what they are, but I don't crave that adventure anymore. I wonder if this is what is driving these computer game addicts - that sense of adventure that they aren't seeing in their outside lives? Additionally, as they get caught in this habit of late nights seeking adventure, the adventure in their own life diminishes as fatigue and simple lack of man hours consumes their waking hours...

But perhaps your association to the primitive mind to the statues, in particular the creative / spiritual principle is in relation to my recent realisation that I am at a point in my life when I can start writing. I have a good idea for a book that I want to have a go at, but my domestic commitments have left me fatigued in the evenings generally. But those demands are decreasing and I am finding myself with more time to commit to my creative self, and I feel like I have something that I want to communicate. Exactly what that is I am not sure, but I can sense it intuitively.

Also just a conversation with my father in law about a book he has recommended I read, he spoke of the author being particularly young, but very good in his early thirties, this made me realise, I am still young with a long way to go.

But I would also like to talk of synchronicity in relation to this dream. Two days after I had it, I started watching the movie Immortals. In this movie, if you have not seen it, it begins by telling the story of the Titans, who after a war in heaven were bound underground, and can only be released by a magic bow. I saw the same symbol in the statues as those of the Titans.

I also found it interesting that this magical bow fires arrows that aren't arrows. My association with a magic bow is with an occult concept of the bow of Queseth (I think) that arches out over the lower portion of the Kabbalah. The path of the arrow would be between the fields of emotion and the intellect, through the field of the subconscious intuition (ie not following the mind or emotion, but intuition). I associate this symbol with the path of the razor bridge. In the words of Joseph Campbell, following not the path that society dictates to you, but the path of your own life... or in other words to follow my bliss. I think I am on that journey, and the creative powers are warming up, becoming illuminated.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 - Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Rook,
I apologize for not responding to your last post. I will do so tomorrow {Sunday} when I have the time to provide a proper response. The social dragon has been so damn demanding.

In a few more months and that will change. I will be 100% retired from society and social duty. It may be wishing my life away but the life of social responsibilities is something I wish to escape so I can be that true person I was meant to be. A life without the dragon dictating how I must live. That will be true 'bliss'.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee
Nashville/Murfreesboro/Brentwood/ Franklin/ Lebanon/Hendersonville/Mt. Juliet/Springhill
Gifford Fence Orlando/Gifford Fence Melbourne
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics/Dream Interpretation Space Coast

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Murfreesboro , Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Rook,
About Carl Sagan and why he was likely in your dream. Your response post included this statement:

"He, as a character, has always stuck with me as a strong scientific intellect who explored the unknown."

You being someone who 'explores the unknown' identifies with those similar characteristics of Carl Sagan. Famous people, or even ordinary people, appear in dreams because we do identify with certain aspects they possess {you know this but I will restate it for those who may not know}. His Cosmos would be your inner cosmos.

As for the statues. By definition a statue is a 'three-dimensional form or likeness sculpted, modeled, carved, or cast in material such as stone, clay, wood, or bronze'. In your dream the 'three dimensions' may be addressing the aspects of being which are physical, psychological and metaphysical. Realizations about any of the three can be transformative. But it is the psychological transformations that often mean the most. For you and I and those like us who have traveled the inward path, the psychological discoveries we encounter become transformative to a metaphysical aspect {metaphysical being with the realms of nature but beyond the normal scope of realization}. Sagan dared to explore the vastness of outer space while we dare to explore the vastness of inner space. For those who do go -inward' there is a discovery of a spiritual Self, often to do with creativity. The statues of Greece would be of the gods and goddesses. The metaphysical statues would be of the muses. The archaeological dig in your dream is likely one of going deep into the psyche to discover this true self, the spiritual aspect that encompasses a creative nature. The colors of which you speak are the various blends of creative art available to the senses, the muse within the mind. It is a natural aspect of being but one few realize. Waking up to this vital aspect is as if a stone statue awakens to real life. Carving out this spiritual/creative aspect is what Campbell called 'following your bliss'. The magical aspect is really natural. It only seems to be magical because it comes up from the depths that is not understood. Exploring those depths, the inner depths of the soul is the task of the hero and his/her journey to wholeness. Dreams are one aspect of that discovery. Your dreams reflect who you are and will often depict where you are in your search of those depths. Becoming illuminated to this may be what your statues are about.

Jerry

Nashville/Murfreesboro/Brentwood/ Franklin/ Lebanon/Hendersonville/Mt. Juliet/Springhill
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics/Dream Interpretation Space Coast

Hi Jerry

I think you are right about the creative aspects being present in the illumination of the statues - I feel this relates to the story that is unravelling in my mind. It is a part of my journey and I guess is related to the return of the hero and passing on that message. Let us hope it doesn't turn to ash ;) It is a dream of mine to be a professional writer and not have to go to work everyday. A nice stress free life. That will be my bliss - though I still have a lot of adventures to go through to get there.

Something else that struck a chord with what I was listening to in Joe's lectures is the concept that all the gods are within us, which resonates with what you were discussing regarding the statues being the Greek gods and goddesses. That is something that caught me around the time of the dream, before or after I am not sure which, but I have been pondering the inner reflection of the myths since then, in particular that of Jesus.

Do you remember that series of dreams I had previously regarding the aircraft crash, and the religious artifact? I was reflecting on this in parallel with the story of Jesus, and a dream I had shortly following this. I only remember two parts from this dream, which were having the bow as in the previously mentioned movie Immortals, and then the image of three tall poleaxes planted into the ground, to which I would be tied / crucified beside two criminals. The image of Jesus, but note the cross is disregarded, it is not the important symbol. The importance is in the death, the sacrifice, and I infer the metaphysical rebirth. Relating this to the earlier spiritual dreams, this is the same image as the plane crash. The death of selfishness and birth of selflessness.

I also strongly relate this to the transformation of parenthood - as the importance of you dies, and your focus shifts to the importance of the children and the rest of the family, and their needs. But as all things need to be in balance, it has to be undertaken in context of still recognising your needs for a healthy body, mind and spirit. Finding that balance is a great challenge, especially in this world where social duty demands the *expletive* out of you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 - Australia

Rook,
Two good points you bring up that have associations to each other I want to comment on. The first has to do with the 'inner reflection' related to Jesus. By going 'inward' and thinking about Jesus we realize that it is the feminine aspect that should be accentuated because it is the foundations of our true spiritual beings. Jesus lived from his 'feminine' aspects, god the masculine. Whereas god {of Abraham} could be jealous {there shall be no other gods before me}, vindictive, wrathful, punishing, all masculine tendencies, Jesus was just the opposite. He was caring, loving, giving, nurturing, etc., aspects we associate with the feminine. Yet all the above can be, are a part of who we are as humans. It gets down to choice of how we want to live our lives, understanding that Jesus was the 'light' and the 'way', whereas god {I use lower caps to illustrate my contempt for patriarchy} was all about faith and obedience to one aspect of our being. Yes, Jesus could show signs of masculine attributes, he got angry at the 'money changers' he encountered on the steps of the 'temple'. It would be a natural aspect to do so, we need to get angry at some things in life. But anger, masculine tendencies did not rule his life. And neither should they in a life that is truly spiritual {devoted to 'Mother Earth' and natural life}.

The other point I wish to comment on is transformation {perhaps the most influential book or me from Joseph Campbell was his Transformations of Myth Through Time later renamed Mythos}. Transformations, leaving/dying to one aspect of life and being reborn to another, is a part of natural life. You speak of fatherhood, a true transformation that often is not undertaken as a major responsibility by too many fathers, is an important aspect of life. Not only for the father but more importantly for the child. The childhood years are the most important since it is during this period the psyche is set. Without a father figure {something many like myself, an illustration depicted by Luke Skywalker in seeking his father, endured as children} a child is often 'rudderless' throughout their life, not having that masculine personality to guide them. The father has to leave the years of non-responsible actions and take on responsibilities that are life defining for the child {as is the mother's but in different ways}. Yes, it is important in forming a healthy mind, body and spirit for the father. But more so for the child.

I am going through a major transformations as I write this response. I am retiring from the social responsibilities that have engaged my psyche since I graduated from high school {my oldest grandson just graduated and is enrolled at MTSU here in Murfreesboro}. This period of life is entering the 'twi-light' years, and in my case my best years to come. I no longer will have the responsibilities of a younger man, will not have to slay the social dragons that I encounter on my everyday journey that is all too often devoted to materialism and egocentricity. There will be new challenges no doubt but at this stage of life I will have, and a great expectation is everyone at this stage should have, control over their lives. The major dragons have been slain. I can endulge in my 'bliss', take on a new life devoted to that thing I love most. And by doing that, participating in the 'monomyth that is of the 'hero journey', I am participating in giving of myself to a higher cause. That cause is to share what i have learned from my 20 years of study of Campbell, Jung and all the other wise sages that have enabled me to live a true spiritual life. WWJD/WWBD. As Joe stated it so forcefully, "I don't need faith {God}, I have experience {life}".

With that final statement I come back to the associations of Jesus and transformations. Throughout my childhood and most of my adulthood I was made to believe that Jesus dying on the cross was a symbol of faith. A literal act that through time made less sense because of the natural/scientific world we live. Then from guidance from Campbell I discovered Elaine Pagels and discovered the true meaning of the death and resurrection of Christ. It is what must happen to a person so he/she will truly live a spiritual life. It is a transformation, not unlike the many deaths and rebirths we all experience {many never realize they are doing so} in life. But most of all it is a death and resurrection to the egocentric self and a resurrection to the Self. What a relief it has been to know that every natural action as a man is not a sin but an experience of our human existence. And to live life from the 'center' and not from an unbalanced view of nature. A transformation of consciousness that in our unconscious lives exists every moment we live. And is presented in natural form in our nightly dreams.

The gods and goddesses are within us. Bringing them out and giving them true expression is the task to be undertaken. You and I are participating in such an experience that our lives have been transformed. With that transformation comes new knowledge, 'hidden knowledge' that has been there all the while. It merely requires a refocus of our psyche to experience what is truth and what is not. Be a good father and the god within you will be a proper guide for your children. And they will undoubtedly live a more prosperous life because they have the proper guidance and nurturing they 'naturally ' require. Luke discovered his father, and his shadow, and became a hero in his own life.
Jerry

The Power of Dreams/Dream Interpretation Space Coast

stats from 7-14-10 to the present