Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
An Unpate On My Journey-Part 1- An Overview of My Path to Wholeness

I have frequently mentioned my personal journey to achieving wholeness and now that I am extremely near the point where that is possible, I wish to update recent experiences. In particular I want to comment on what I believe to be an important message of which Joseph Campbell spoke of in detail, the crisis of 'Crossing the Return Threshold' as illustrated in his Monomyth. I also want to comment on the particular difficulties of how the 'hero' can fall back into old habits when confronting/enduring the trials of achieving wholeness.

Campbell: "The returning hero, to complete his adventure, must survive the impact of the world. Many failures attest to the difficulties of this life-affirmative threshold. The first problem of the returning hero is to accept as real, after an experience of the soul-satisfying vision of fulfillment, the passing joys and sorrows, banalities and noisy obscenities of life.

Summary of Recent History
To recap my journey:
I have been on this spiritual journey since 1992 when I first serendipitouly encountered Joseph Campbell while watching on PBS The Power of Myth. This was to be 'The Call to Adventure'. I had never heard of Campbell, knew nothing of the 'Hero Journey' but after that one hour of listening to what he had to say, I was caught. It was as if something had opened up within me that I knew existed but did not know what it was. It awakened a 'sleeping' part of me. a part I consciously knew of but could not identify. It would fill the void I felt was within me.
'Learning' Campbell eventually led to Jung and his psychology of the dream.

In 1999, after seven years of learning all I could about Campbell, Jung and the various related aspects I took it upon myself to learn web design. I knew little about computers let alone how to design a website. But this was to be 'my true self', my bliss, where my path in life was to turn and follow. I was naturally inclined to this subject. In late 1999 Myths-Dreams-Symbols was born.

In that same year I began to investigate the dream world in a serious manner. Having studied Jungian dream psyche for several years I was particularly drawn to dreams and their interpretation. As with web design I am self taught in the ways of Jung. I consider myself an 'intuitive Jungian', the naturally ability to understand the depths of what he taught {I have heard the term 'intuitive Jungian used in an episode of Law and Order, describing a female psyche student who intuitive understood Jung}. I practiced my interpretations for a couple of years at various websites with Dream Forums before I felt confident in my own abilities. Dream interpretation became a part of my 'resume' and an important element of Myths-Dreams-Symbols.

Through the next several years I applied myself to Jungian psyche while working part-time with my fence construction business {I started the business in 1978 while working full-time withe the Davidson County, Tn Health Dept. working in health codes enforcement}. The years of physical labor had taken a toll and the ability to do the physical work had become a real strain {a severely bad back being the greatest problem}. I had learned to live an austere life, by choice, and with the decline of physical abilities I was able to spend more time with my dream work and web sites.

This was a time of 'wondering', aging to my 50s, pretty much letting life lead me. It was a time of isolation {as a younger man, before Campbell, I needed to constantly be around other people}, a change of habit from the extroverted person I was {I strongly believe it is important to learn to balance this aspect of being-integrating the opposites so to balance oneself and better understand the human psyche as a whole}. It was a time of building on what I hoped , and believed, would be a future of living a life of living my bliss. Having little monetary resources at this time I was limited to what I could accomplish in my desire for the full-time blissful world I sought. I did what I could to live my bliss all the while still having to serve the dragon {social responsibilities primarily tied to working for a living}.

A Sudden But Important Change
Then four years ago my only son had a crisis of finding job. He had previously been successful at internet marketing and was/is very knowledgeable in computers, the internet and many other resources I do not have skills with. But that disappeared unexpectedly and he needed to find other sources of income. Less to say he is a lot 'smarter' than me even though he retains many of the traits I possess {his life has very much mirrored mine in so many ways}.
The solution was to let him take over the fence construction business as a full-time job, leaving me enough of the business to make my living {the many years of physical labor had taken a toll on my condition}. He had the practical experience {he was 7 when I began the business and worked several years with me in the actual physical installation}. He took the business to a new level.

Then he moved to Orlando and began to build upon the business there {he and his wife Liz, like myself are prone to sunshine and warm weather}. I took over the full-time management of the Middle Tennessee business, a move that took me away from the physical aspects. But it also cast me back into a full-time endeavor of having to manage what has become a thriving business even though there is a recession. The year 2011 was our best year ever sales wise and 2012 is on course to do even better.
Note: The great success we are having is due to two things. One is the reputation I have built over the past 34 years of doing business. I have always felt it important to do the best you can, or don't do it at all. Plus I believe that what i do affects personal lives and although it was not until the middle 90s I discovered a true spiritual identity I have always tried to do the 'right thing'. 'What goes around come around' has been a part of my philosophy as long as I can remember.

The second, and ironically, is the internet. When you 'Google' most any category of fencing in Middle Tennessee {as well as in Orlando} Gifford Fence is on the first page. In the new world of electronics this has been a boon for our business, in Tennessee as well as Orlando, Florida. What is even more advantageous is we design and promote our websites and do not have to pay to market the business {a cost of anywhere of $2000 and more per month}.

The irony is it is because of my website Myths-Dreams-Symbols that it is possible for the fence websites to be ranked as they are. There are many criteria to high rankings on the internet. Three of the most important are time on the web {remember MDS has been online since 1999, a long time in the world of the www}, the number of incoming links from other websites and relevant contents of the site {MDS has 500+ pages of contents devoted to Jungian psyche}. When I link the MDS website to another website it boosts that site in the rankings. Our fence site is itself a long time internet resident but it is because of the linking of the pages from MDS that prompted its rise to begin with. Without the MDS website our fence websites would not be in the position they are today. The MDS rankings are world wide. Our fence rankings are local and linking provides even a greater boost to local rankings. I plan to use this advantage as a source of income when I retire later this year.

This brings us up-to-date to where I am on my journey. Working full-time with the fence construction business. My plans are to take full retirement within the next 60 days {we have someone ready to take over management of the Middle Tennessee business when I do retire}. The upside to working full-time is the income I have made from the business which will allow me to make my move to Florida {I am looking at the Melbourne area, close to the deep divide of the ocean and unconscious}. The down side is I have had no little time to put to my dream work or developing/maintaining my websites {I have 5 other sites besides MDS}. This is what I wish to comment on in deatil in part two of my post. That is posted just below this post. The second part gets into the experiences of having to deal with the 'social dragon', abiding by what is required of a person in the social world {something I chose to do so primarily to help my son get settled in his new business in Orlando} as opposed to living the life of 'bliss' I look so forward to doing full time. And how the social being can revert to old ways. The duality of life, the social being governed by outside sources vs the true self which lives from the inner resources. So tied together yet so far apart.

Go to Part Two

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee
Nashville/Murfreesboro/Brentwood/ Franklin/ Lebanon/Hendersonville/Mt. Juliet/Springhill
Gifford Fence Orlando/Gifford Fence Melbourne
The Power of Dreams/Dream Interpretation Space Coast

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Murfreesboro , Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present