Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Crime in an Underground Tunnel

Pat,
Looking back over previous dreams you have posted I sense a progression of memory taking place. This dreams may tell more about 'underground' aspects that reside in your unconscious.

Breaking down the opening symbols suggests something deep within the unconscious that is encased in your mind {cement}. A tunnel leaves from a dark place to the other end. A crime in a dream is often a result of guilt or shame. The man at work is probably another part of you. Something within you is capable of exploding {grenade} and speaking to your conscious mind {microphone}. Your defense is to nail it to the wall, a barrier from having to confront/remember these experiences. Conscious it does not 'hurt' {yet} but it has unconscious control, a controlling aspect in your life {as is common with unconscious contents-they have some mold of control over the conscious life, often without the person knowing it}. You have yet been able to 'call' this to your consciousness.

Now comes the progression I mentioned. Removing the nail so to call 911 {911 is symbolic of a catastrophe}. There is an agreement between the unconscious and conscious. But it is the wrong number, there is still no recognition by the conscious mind. It remains an unconscious event. The unconscious is 'making up' reasons why not to communicate it to the conscious mind. The signs of repression perhaps?

A small girl answers. Then she is no longer there.

I sense the dream is addressing something you are repressing. A crime against you perhaps. Or something that has caused guilt on your part. It is locked tight, encased in concrete, hard to bring up, perhaps hard to 'listen to' {why the unconscious won't let it come through to consciousness}. There has been a 'crime' committed but it has been caught. This is an unconscious event, not yet acknowledged consciously. The unconscious is working against bringing up the truth {wrong color of clothes, description}.

My sense is there is guilt involved. To what extreme or involvement only you can know. My hope is something about the interpretation will 'open' up whatever there might be that is locked away.

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee
Nashville/Murfreesboro/Brentwood/ Franklin/ Lebanon/Hendersonville/Mt. Juliet/Springhill
Gifford Fence Orlando/Gifford Fence Melbourne
The Power of Dreams/Dream Interpretation Space Coast

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Murfreesboro , Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

hi Jerry.
I posted a reply last week but for some reason it never showed up. I wanted to thank you for your thoughts on this dream---I had not thought of the agreement being between the unconscious and conscious---and the phone being both something capable of exploding or shouting. Whatever I am repressing, if anything, it is still locked in the cement but I trust if I remain open to working with whatever comes up that things will become clearer. I have had several dreams about melting ice, swimming under snow, so hopefully what is frozen is melting. I have had some dreams in which I am fearful or worried about the extreme cold. Pat

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 69- Ohio

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Pat,
Just how meaningful these 'frozen emotions' are could be relevant to your personality. From what you state about other dreams the unfreezing of emotional contents are real. Just how deep they go depends on actual experiences in your life. There may indeed be serious emotional conflicts that have been so repressed they have yet to surface. But at your age that would be usual. Usual at least for someone who has taken an introspective approach to trying to understand such emotions. The 'repression' may suggest what ever it is that is in conflict are from more recent experiences, not formed from childhood as is usual with deeply repressed emotions, but from later experiences in life. Or it could be not so serious as those type of emotional conflicts. A personality that tends to be influenced by minor issues in waking life would be more prone to have hidden issues that become conflictive. Our dreams work toward resolving whatever it is that is in emotional conflict, whether it be deep emotional wounds or the lesser 'injuries' that the personality takes serious. A 'strong' personality may not consider minor injuries as relevant but a 'weaker' personality could. I would suggest you pay attention to future dreams and see where they lead. You are always welcome to post those dreams for interpretation.
Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee
Nashville/Murfreesboro/Brentwood/ Franklin/ Lebanon/Hendersonville/Mt. Juliet/Springhill
Gifford Fence Orlando/Gifford Fence Melbourne
The Power of Dreams/Dream Interpretation Space Coast

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Murfreesboro , Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present