Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Turning friends into Zombies, while Im normal!

Michelle,
The beginning of your dream could suggest something gone bankrupt {Blockbuster video}. But that would require an in-depth examination of your perception of Blockbuster video {the store chain} especially the unconscious perceptions. But it could very well apply to the dream. Let's see what the rest of the dream offers up.

Your neighbor Katie as a real entity in some respect has relevance to the dream, that is the actual waking relationship you have with her having some associations to what the dream is trying to address. But I sense Katie is more a part of you, a representation of similar/shared qualities or traits the two of you share. In some important aspects she is you. The fact you both have sons who are friends not only speaks to a reality in your waking life but also to the shared qualities with Katie that go to deeper depths of your unconscious. Dreams do not often speak to the obvious {the actual waking relationship with Katie as a neighbor and the two sons being friends}. Those images become symbolic and address some aspect of your {the dreamer} psyche so to convey an emotional conflict or strong influence.

In the dream Katie worked at a branch a few 'towns' away. That branch would be a branch within you, again shared aspects you have with her. A town would be symbolic of your whole self {a citizen would be only a part, a town the whole}. Blockbuster is a place where she works. Work is often symbolic an anxiety about a current experience in your life {conscious and or unconscious}. This aspect of the dream suggest an anxiety to do with Katie, a person you relate to because she possesses qualities you share. The anxiety would be in relationship to those shared qualities but she would be you.

When you got there, or go there where Katie works, she is grey looking and not herself. This statement would be pointing to you, you and Katie being the same person because of the shared qualities/experiences/traits. It is you who loos grey and not yourself. Something is out of whack, not normal.

The other staff member would also be a part of you {unless you actually saw Katie in real life bite someone on the neck}. This is indicative of a vampire, biting someone on the neck to draw blood from them. Blood, although not mentioned is suggested, would be symbolic of energy, emotional energy that is being taken from someone else. Safety is not an issue so it must have something to do with instincts. You are taking energy from one aspect in your life to satisfy or rectify something in your life that has made you look grayish, not yourself. Grey is the color of decline. Something about you has declined. It probably has to do with shared qualities/traits/experiences with Katie. There may have been recent waking life experiences to do wit Katie where you felt bad but the jest of this statement would be about you feeling bad about yourself {Katie being a part of you}.

We are beginning to go in circles with this explanation so lets go to the end of the dream and see what it has to say.

Queuing by definition is to get in line or 'fall in line', get in line with what is subscribed. But by doing that you could become a 'zombie', not your real self, having to subscribe to a work ethic that takes you away from your true self and makes you have to rely on others for your energy. Could that be what is happening to you? You have become a 'Katie' and have to live up to those expectations. The pressure is as much from within as it is from the outer world. Could you be putting too much perssure on yousrelf to live up to 'Katie's world when deep down you had rather be something a little different or in a position that doesn't require so much emotional energy to be in? The Blockbuster reference would be to the deep inner self that is becoming bankrupt because of the emotional stresses of being a 'Stepford wife'?
Does this fit?

Jerry

Myths-Dreams-Symbols is Sponsored by:
Gifford Fence-Middle Tennessee
Nashville/Murfreesboro/Brentwood/ Franklin/ Lebanon/Hendersonville/Mt. Juliet/Springhill
Gifford Fence Orlando/Gifford Fence Melbourne/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

The Power of Dreams/Dream Interpretation Space Coast

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fl.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Wow thanks for that. Well where to start.. I was working in roles whereby I was autonomous and quite well paid for. I was becoming increasingly dissatisfied with this work, due to lone home working and also feeling no satisfaction from it. Last role I did in this was April, when I packed it in. In truth I was no good at that last role as I really didnt want to do it, but needs must. Since I have decided I am not going back to this line of work and have thought long and hard about a career change. In the meanwhile, I was offered a 6 month contract before the summer (just to tide me over was good money), however this did not come to fruition, despite being offered a start. Last friday the man rang me back saying they were setting more on and that I should be expected to start poss Oct time. This has had me perplexed, as I do not know if I can trust him as to whether I will be let down again. This and looking at other roles to do, as money is now becoming quite tight. (Luckily I was offered another interview yesterday pm). Anyway, both Katie and myself have both had relationships end in the summer and both single parents. Katie works in hairdressing and had said she would ask her friend who works in admin if she could offer her some extra work. I had said please ask for me also, as I used to work in admin. I felt in a way that katie in the dream, was in the admin office of the place I had been offered the original job..

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 North east UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Continued
I also am anxious about starting work and when this will happen and can I cover bills etc. So dont know if this is contributing factor.
I was not happy about end of relationship, but have tried to put that to back of my mind to focus on the current situation.

Lol and by the way I do like watching movies ;)

I feel like I need to be doing a job where Im helping others, and currently my engery is all over the place. One day im up next im down..

Thanks
Michelle

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 North east UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Scary dream :) I had once also a dream with zombies. But i was the one who eat the people. Was actually fun

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32 Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Nooo :)

stats from 7-14-10 to the present