Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: reoccurring themes

Jerry:
You have given me innumerable things to contemplate and invaluable information to synthesis pass my inner denial that the "sharing is caring" menatilty can be extemely draining. The more I think about your words, all I can think in response is 'why do I have to make my own soup and share it, too? Why can't someone make soup for me sometimes?' I agree that I have been suffering from a malnourishment that even my psyche recognizes as stifling, all the while trying to make sure others are fed. But I don't have to go all the way back to my childhood to understand the issue. Truly, most of the issues sprang up in my adult life when I was confronted with the harshness of very bad choices.
Everyday I have been trying to deal with those psychological effects. And they have been hidden and well concealed. No one seems to realize my discontent (blisslessness.) And while I'm not 'unhappy', I'm not unhealthy.
I guess it's time to take the lid off and taste 'dis now'!

Til we meet again...
--Katchi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 40-ATLian

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} suthern gul

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? lawd, yes

Re: reoccurring themes

Katchi,
One other thought before I head to the gym for one of my thrice weekly workouts {physical fitness has been a part of my lifestyle for the past 33 years}.

I doubt there are many if any at all of the archetypal discoveries that can be added to that Jung has no already presented. But cultural aspects may be a different thing. One criticism for the limitations of Freudian psychology was due to Freud's limited introduction to various levels of people on a social/economic scale. Freud's primary practice as a psychologist was limited to the wealthy, elite in Vienna, especially women who suffered from what Jung called a social induced fad aliment. On the other hand Jung worked with many different peoples on the social/economic scale and thus explored the wider possibilities {and thus his wider discoveries}. We know he even worked with homosexuals. But what experience did he have with Africans, African Americans or other people with dark skin {I may be asking a question that has a simple answer}? The archetypes would be the same since the origins of mankind, archetypes, are to be found within all humans. But could the cultural difference affect the dream or the psyche? Would it make a difference in the dream of a black woman who dreams of a black man on an archetypal scale? Joseph Campbell spoke of the Black Madonna or Dark Goddess as a significant archetypal symbol of transition in a man's dream. In fact I had such a dream of Kali just at a time I was undergoing a major transition in my life. This is a feminine archetype that possesses great powers to affect the psyche. Could there be the same associations to to your High John as with my Kali dream?
Inquiring minds need to know.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present