Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Apocalyptic Dreams

Alexa,
It may be Wednesday morning before I am able to provide a detailed interpretation but until then a couple of comments. The dream undoubtedly is addressing the stress you are experiencing with current waking life problems. What roles are your sisters playing in the family legal matters? If that is minor then the dream may also be touching on earlier life experiences involving your sisters. That is likely whether or not they are involved in current legal matters but to what extend would depend on their involvement with current matters. The 'clouds were above us and my sisters' would be pointing to shared experiences. Was there a time in your adolescence where you had to 'take charge' that involved your sisters? This could be addressing current experiences but I sense it could also be about early life experiences. I'll delve deeper into the symbols and see where that leads to in my interpretation of the whole dream.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

My sisters aren't involved in the legal matter. In fact they don't talk to our mom at all because of wrong choices she made and because she can be manipulative and, to them, is not a mother. I am the oldest and I had to take charge and take care of my sisters a lot when we were younger because my mom had really bad addiction problems with pills, she stills struggles with it but is a recovering addict (alcoholic, whatever).

I don't know too much about what shared experience that may apply here, there are a lot, but one of my sisters and I have been in legal trouble as teens because my mother choose to use cops and the system to parent us and her third and current husband supported that theory, which leads to the current legal situation because he pretty much told her if she didn't press charges he would leave her. Which, at one point or another, she has chosen him over us since they've been together. My sisters and I all extremely dislike (I don't like to say hate) him, to the point that he's a very big reason they don't talk to her and I try to never be at her house if there is a chance he will be.

I also want to say the sky was a very big focus of the dream, especially the red and black clouds.

Thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25 Augusta, GA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Alexa,
Thanks for the added information. It explains a lot. Your answer involving having to nurture your younger sisters in childhood is what I was seeking to find more about. Undoubtedly the dream is addressing the conflicted emotions to do with your mother and the current legal matters. But it also points to the past involving your mother. We will look at those possibilities in the last part of my interpretation. All dreams as well as most symbols have at least two applications. How important they apply to your childhood will be important.

The Interpretation
The metal T-Rex would represent old and strong emotions that involved you and your two sisters, a remembrance of experiences during childhood. Those days were dark and cloudy and you are once again confronted withe similar emotions. These memories are probably related and stimulated by the current legal matter, that matter being a continuing source of conflict involving your mother {U turn} and experiencing the same old routine used by your mother. This aspect of the dream would be addressing current issues in your life as well as your past. Those days as a child were 'cloudy and gray', the same emotions you are experiencing in your current situation and both involving your mother. The blood red cloud could represent anger at 'blood' relatives. Your heartburn is no doubt due, at least partially, to the emotional issues you are now having to endure. The dragging may be having to once again 'drag up' those experiences you had tried to put away but the barriers between you and your mother prevent this {under stairs against wall}.

Once again you are in that position where taking charge is needed and essential. The clouds raining acid are destructive to your mental attitude, your emotions so 'super charged' with anger and disgust {red clouds}. There may have been a period of emotional cleansing {couch} but you have had to pull the 'tarp' off those emotions. The past legal trouble involving you and your sister have been brought back to consciousness. Rain represent an expression of emotions, there may be 'fake' emotions on the part of someone involved in the current drama. Manipulation of the emotions with special effects {does that fit somewhere?}.

The last part of the dream is always important. In your dream everything becomes white, the tarp {covered unconscious barriers } has been removed. That may suggest a healing between or involving your sister. Or you have the ability {hands} to help that cause along.

Childhood Associations
The current legal problems along with the past history with your mother are probably devouring you emotionally {T-Rex}. But are there any other experiences from childhood beyond the ineffective 'mothering'? The tarp may suggest something has been covered up and now being removed. This may be pointing to the general ineffective mothering as a child but could be about other experiences. Is there anything that may be deeper in your unconscious that is still 'covered' up'? It seems your mother had several relationships during her life {third husband}. The dream doesn't specifically point to anything concrete and I don't want to plant anything that isn't real. You may want to go back and look at those early years and see what may be there. Especially with the way the dream ended, the white cloud and your sister.

As for the focus of the dream on the red and black clouds. Red could easily represent anger but it could also represent sexuality, danger, passion, etc. The black clouds would likely point to unconscious emotions, the dark depths. it can also represent evil and although we know of the 'evil' of your mother and that relationship, could there be more?

Another aspect of the dream I received was the 'taking charge'. Dreams are fascinating in how they address emotional issues with symbolic references that can apply to so many different possibilities. Perhaps the dream is trying to tell you the best way to address the current situation is to take charge of your emotions and not let them control you. That would require being objective, and honest. Whatever the situation is that you have put yourself in, especially if it requires adjudication, you must not let your emotions {anger especially} prevail. And be honest and forth coming with whatever 'authoritative' forces you will have to confront. `In the judicial system all they care about are the facts and any useless contributing factors may seem self serving. Your mother's lack of good parenting is an issue but is it relevant to the 'bad decision' you made recently?

One last thought about the white cloud, other than what I have already mentioned {remember, all symbols have at least two applications with both being true and applicable to your life}. There could be a relationship with recently getting a job. That could be a silver lining in all the dark clouds. But what would it have to do with your sister? If it is applicable it would likely have something to do with her, as would the other possibility I mentioned early on.

Let me know your thoughts and impressions and perhaps we can learn more about the dream and its message.

Web Design

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I'm not too sure about the fake emotions or manipulation represented by the rain. The only thing that comes to mind is maybe me faking positive emotions and not really dealing with negative ones. As for manipulation... there are times that I doubt my relationship with my mother. Like, she may be using me to get closer to my sisters or is using me to try to make herself look good in their eyes. Which I have expressed this to my mother verbally. Since I did that she does not constantly want to talk about them like she use to. Maybe it could be one of these that the rain represents??

In the last part of the dream it was very brief and it was more like I was looking at the fake (projected) rain on the tarp and when I pulled it away from my eyes everything was gone and it was just white. No clouds, no sister, no tarp, everything just disappeared. I don't know if that has a different meaning, but the sister that was helping my cover the couch (emotions) is the sister who is stronger, in a sense, when it comes to our collective past. She is the one who is more up front, abrupt and harshly truthful. I know that in my dreams in the past I have equated my sisters to different aspects of myself because we are so much a like and are very close in age. My other sister who I had to physically drag off is the baby and more sweet, caring and nurturing without being motherly. I wanted to clarify that, it didn't strike anything in me with your interpretation of that part, though I definitely agree with the covering of emotions/past experiences of the couch and tarp and with being able to heal my relationship with my sisters and having the tools to do that.

Also, there is a lot I don't remember from my younger years when my mother and father (mom's 1st husband) divorced and my older brother left (I was about 4 or 5). I definitely feel there are things from that time that I have blocked out to protect myself and my mind. It's been a constant source of aggravation for me that I can't remember. There were a number (not a large number, though) of men in my mother's life before she married her second husband when I was 11. I feel as if there is something big I am missing from that period in my life (4 yrs to about 8 yrs old), but that may just be about my parents divorce and my brother leaving...

As for my recent legal problems, it's learned actions from my mother. NOT that I would say it's her fault for my actions, the fault for my actions is all my own. But admittedly my mother did the same thing to her mother at my age. I am a lot like my mother in personality to the point that I am a 'dry' alcoholic (I have all the mannerisms and emotional difficulty that an alcoholic has without the drinking problem), this said to me by my own mother. Hearing that scares me because I don't want to take the same path in life that she did.

Everything pretty much was stuff I could relate to that my dream may have been trying to 'tell' me. I hope I haven't overloaded you.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Alexia,
I had a more detailed response but the power went out and I lost all my data. I have a schedule this morning so it will be later today or in the morning before I will be able to provide a response.

But I will take a moment to address the 'fake emotions'. The definition of fake is 'not real'. Covering up any emotions would be a fake. Your response provides what may have been fake. There is no doubt {in my mind} to what the rain symbolizes. They are your emotions. 'The clouds were raining acid and the lightning was SUPER-charged' is symbolic language of the severity of the emotions in association with the experiences with your current situation as and possibly from earlier childhood. 'A tarp was coming off the couch and I had to run into the rain and cover it back up with my sister' would most likely be related to the relationship with one of your sisters with the tarp an instrument of uncovering an emotion related to her or shared experiences with her. The specific part of the dream I addressed, 'the rain didn't burn and it was fake' would suggest particular emotions you hold 'didn't burn' {no pain associated} and it is something associated with those emotional experiences that are fake {not real}. I didn't provide great details to the fake emotions in my interpretation because it was clear to what it was addressing. But with your response and looking back at the dream language it could be pointing to an aspect of denial, especially with the language 'tarp was coming off the couch' which would be exposing a truth about you and your emotions. You did state you and your mother are a lot alike. Do you see her as being in a 'state of denial'? Consciously you mat think one thing about yourself but unconsciously the truth is different {not that is the case with you}. Something to consider.

I'll examine the dream with your response in mind and see what I can gather from knowing more about you. Speaking of examinations. To borrow the phrase from your dream 'coming off the couch', if I had personal contact with you for a thorough examination of your personal life, what comes off the 'couch' {Freudian} would be a lot easier to understand within the context of the dream. Lacking that, continued dialog via posting will eventually expose what the dream is really trying to communicate.

Web Design

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

I can say I definitely agree with the emotions and interpretation of the rain and lightning. When you brought up a shared experience with my sister that was helping me with the tarp could have something to do with the dream really struck me. She and I were the ones going through legal stuff when we were teenagers and that is one of the reasons she no longer talks to our mother. So I can see how the rain the lightning and the tarp all relate. I think it might refer to uncovering (?) the emotions and memories from that time in my life. Consequently, that time was the hardest time in my life. My sister (the one helping me) and I had it the worst of it. We were constantly being moved from house to house and parent to parent. Mostly this was between my mother's house and her second husband's house, after they got the divorce. At one point we (all three of us) were even sent to our birthfather's house in Massachusetts (we grew up in Florida). When we were there it was very stressful and at the time it felt like the three of us against the world.

I'm not sure what else may help you with the interpretation but I am more than willing to answer any questions. I can tell you that my life has been extremely stressful to the point that I am experiencing physical pain (constant upset stomach, muscular pain in my back and generally tired). I'm staying in a hotel right now, not sure where I will be staying next week, desperately looking for a permanent place. When it comes to legal stuff I have the stuff that has to do with my mom and about 3 tickets that I don't know how I'm going to take care of and I'm probably going to lose my license over. My financial situation is very poor and with just getting this job my first check is already gone with nothing left to live off of for the next two weeks and I still won't be able to pay everything off with it.

It's a tough situation, but I'm doing my best to deal with what's right in front of me and taking it a day at a time and to not think of everything at once and let it stress me out more than I already am. My new job is an added stress because I am working in collections and the boss/owner can be very difficult to deal with at times because things HAVE to be done her way and exactly her way to the point that she demands I don't listen to the debtor and say exactly what she say, how she says it and when she says it. She does this in such an abrupt, demanding and loud way that I get nervous and stressed and mess up and stutter and don't have the confidence in myself that I need to complete my job. I've broke down in tears and anger because of it. But I keep the job because I desperately need it and don't want to go back to what I was doing to make money, which involves taking men on 'dates'. What I was doing has affected me a lot more than I thought it would.

Anyways, I think I'll stop there. I hope it's not too much to process.

Alexia,
Let me disgust your response and provide my thoughts later today. All of a sudden I have many requests for interpretations at the Forum.

I do believe we are tying up loose ends. Through dialog we should be able to get to the deeper aspects of the dream message. I appreciate your willingness to be open {please post only what you feel comfortable with}. You are creating therapy by opening up and expressing yourself. Often just by 'talking it out' you will discover things you had not thought about or remembered. thinking about it is how you resolve what you may have forgotten or repressed.

Web Design

Alexa,
Let it out, what ever you feel comfortable taking about. Talking about it is therapy in itself. Some people don't like to air their laundry but what does it matter except if you keep it locked up inside you it will only make it worse. You do have the right formula with all that is on your plate. One step at a time, one day at a time. During that time do what is necessary to get away from those things that pull you down. Your job sounds as if it will become a factor so if possible be looking for something better. Collections is a dead end job unless you are heartless. There is a special place in hell for people like your boss.

I did get the sense the tarp had to do with those early life experiences to do with your sister. Sometimes it takes a little though to put it all together. Our earliest experiences are part of our foundations and go with us throughout life. Any unresolved emotional conflicts go with us also. Both unconsciously influence out lives until the end. Resolving the conflicts is what dreams are attempting to do.

I dare say your dreams will continue to be as forceful as they have been due to all the 'experiences' in your life. At such a young age you have a lot to deal with. Focus on the positives and get rid of the negatives. find something that will allow you to get away from the stresses. Do you have a special interest in art or music or some other thing that will let you get away for just awhile? Music is a good way to 'forget'. If you can discover that thing you love most doing and go for that. I don't recommend religion since it only tends to put band aids on wounds that are psychological. Spirituality is different, it puts you in contact with nature. I always loved going to the waterfalls. Nature can be therapy. Find something that provides relief and release even it is just for a short time. Eventually expand your time with that. The problem with us humans is we tend to think too much. If that is the problem then the solution is change what you are thinking about. I know it is easy to say but little by little, if you can change your focus you will amazed at what you can accomplish. The problems in life are life itself but the deepest are psychological.

As for your dreams. Continue to post them. Add any recent experiences to your posts as well as anything that you are reminded of from your past that suddenly seems relevant or important. Working on the problems you have before you at this very moment will be your greatest task. But knowing what makes you do what you and who you have become {from early life experiences and influences} will provide clues to why that is so. this way you can begin to change those circumstances and resolve those conflicts. Surround yourself with love and do away with anything that is a negative. You can do it, you have no other choice. It is how you go about doing it that determines whether you succeed. I get the feeling you are strong and that is an asset. Don't make new problems for yourself and work on he ones you already have.
One step at a time, one day at a time. Stay focused and it will get better.

Web Design

stats from 7-14-10 to the present