Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: lock of hair

Dreamer,
This is a tough one to decipher. Plus I am a bit confused on the last part of the dream where you realized it was a dream and went running. At first I took it that part was after you woke up but after reading it again saw it as a part of the dream. Because it is a tough dream I will break down the symbols in detail and see what comes from that and then let you comment to see what fits. Usually i get a sense of what a dream is trying to communicate early on but I am getting more than one vib from the is dream. The primary symbols are repeated in the dream so we will have to figure out what they mean to understand the context of the full dream.
Here are the primary symbols

airplane: your physical self seeking freedom or escape
sweetheart: a true person or a very important aspect of your masculine self
napping on bench while I sweep: something is not conscious that needs to be swept out so to realize it
menial tasks: everyday responsibilities/duties
salon: appearances-the way something may appear
part of building: an aspect of her emotions
hair: attitudes
shirt: revealing emotions
chest: strong emotions
finger: dexterity, ability to see or understand

Taking these symbols and interpreting them in the context of the dream actions we have this:
there is a need/desire on your part having to do with everyday life that appears to have a strong effect on your emotions. This would most likely have to do 'primarily' with the relationship with your 'sweetheart' but may be referencing your inner masculine qualities also {secondary}. Something within your unconscious needs to be made known. We may need to look at it as a subconscious experience instead of unconscious {subconscious you already have a conscious knowledge whereas if it were unconscious it may reference something you have not realized or consciously know}.

The hair is the key symbol. Hair is often symbolic of your thinking attitudes toward something or someone. The chest hair may represent strong emotional attitudes you possess. Or it could be something you are 'sensing' which I will get back to later. The salon represents appearances and the part of the building would be an aspect that is affected by appearances. The shirt covers the chest and it being open would represent something that is being revealed {strong emotions}. The lock of hair is the strength of attitudes. The finger is symbolic of dexterity or ability to function or to know/understand. Pulling the hair out is to consciously realize or understand these subconscious attitudes you possess.

The hair could also represent some other aspect, especially with the dialog in the dream, the length {18: 1+8=9} being a reference to a 'whole' you, and the color of light red. The red color may suggest 'light anger' or, when understood something that could lead to deep anger. You don't remember this being yours {hair} may suggest not knowing or not wanting to know. The cutting would be from your unconscious.

Now we get into a dialog of actions that seem to do with your attitudes. There are appearances {salon 'after you leave' {attitudes/knowledge that come up/leave from your subconscious}. The more hair would create an abundance or even stronger attitudes. Those attitudes look more and more like suspicions, something that would correspond with subconscious knowledge. At one moment they are long then they are short, perhaps an indication of suspecting one moment but not knowing for sure. The light shorter hair and the 'bit sweet' may indicate the feelings of suspicions are not warranted at certain times {being your sweetheart does suggest he is being a good companion}. This could be an off and on again attitude. The attitudes {hair} is not yours could again suggest a suspicion especially with the increasing hair/attitudes that you are 'taking out'. The feeling of being upset is a real emotion and the actions from the dream would create them. And since this emotion is in the last part of the dream it would point to what you need to know about what the dream is trying to communicate. The texture {feel} of the hair wasn't yours, something doesn't feel right. His motives and intentions?
End of dream before you realize it was a dream.

Feelings after this realization are important. They are of betrayal and confusion. Not being able to interpret the dream while still asleep would be associated with not understanding subconscious 'knowledge'. I think this is pointing to intuitive qualities, you sense something but because it has to do with important aspects in your life {sweetheart} you question the feelings. The feelings about the 'duty to understand' may also point to intuitive abilities.

Now the very last part of the dream. You are running with a heavy load on your waist. The waist is in the middle of the body and could represent balance {getting back to the number 9 which represent balance, wholeness in life}. Something is out of balance and you are running 'away' from it. The frustration with the running may suggest you are avoiding something. Could that be intuitive suspicions about 'your sweetheart'? That term {sweetheart} in itself may suggest an over abundance of an attitude that is out of balance. A boyfriend or lover would be different. Do you sense something you are trying to deny that is there?

Again, a very tough dream to interpret. It does look to be about your relationship with your 'sweetheart' but could have to do with your own masculine qualities, suspicions on that end. My sense it is the first with the animus qualities being secondary. The question is 'are there these intuitive suspicions' and if so what exactly are they. It could be about 'someone else's hair' but it could also be about attitudes toward him and his responsibilities to the relationship. In the dream he was napping and you were doing all the work. that sentence alone may point to something that awakens something that fits.
I await your response. Perhaps we can learn more about the dream message from that.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you Jerry for your response, and I understand your confusion of where I wake up and am still dreaming. This is common for me though as I often wake up within dreams that are very strong or intuitive. I suspect this may indicate a different level of consciousness.

I have been pondering but am quite reluctant to accept what I think it is conveying also due to follow up dream. (just dreamed of a well known actress pursuing my same job in another location and I had to stop her before she got in and it ruined her career!) I spoke with an organization about a contracting to part time job just before having this dream. I was desperate for something to pay my bills but when I met with them I discovered it was more against my core values than what I had thought when reading their advertisement. I have been pushing this out of my mind convincing myself that it is just my childhood “programming” that makes me reluctant to move forward and that I can adjust a little for something that I need to do (pay the bills). The job is a perfect fit but the organization is unsettling.

The symbols you addressed seem to bring things closer for me in understanding. I see the airplane as possibly a dual symbol of self seeking escape and maybe more as a literal defining object of the job location by the airport. The sweetheart seems to play a dual role as well. Doing work that I love would feel like a perfect match and I would have some kind of associated “relationship” feelings. Doing that job would require betrayal of my feminine self on some level. The other symbols are quite likely spot on.

The salon seemed a somewhat central focus and your referencing it to appearances makes sense. I would be in charge of their appearance. It seems the hair is pointing out that there is something more underneath the surface that would be revealed in time – or something would change in my personal life as a result of the situations and my own ambiance. The fact that I don’t consciously know these details but possess strong feelings of betrayal and confusion seems to indicate that I need to understand without knowing.

The last part where I am running may be pointing to why I would go against my own self - Carrying too heavy a load wearing heavy work boots and trying to run, yet moving at someone else’s pace. My companion was male yet unknown identity. He was wearing the heavy waist load and boots as well (don’t think I mentioned this in original). I am not sure where to go with the balance idea but it seems plausible.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Dreamer,
Thanks for that excellent summary. For some reason I had a problem with seeing clearly into the dream and that is why I interpreted it the way I did. Most often I get a 'sensing' of a dream and take a particular route in my interpretation. Your age may play into some of the confusion, you being at the border of young adult entering into the midlife stage. I sensed the dream might be focusing on recent experiences in your life but something kept me from going that route. Perhaps there was an element of maturity I sensed that, although the dreams was about recent events, kept me from addressing the dream in terms of a younger adult. Or your 'childhood programming' may have come through with that conflict vs your mature self covering up parts of the dream that would otherwise be more expressive {for me} in what the message would be. One thing I was correct about . You were able to put the pieces together to make a full visible picture. That is what dreams are. A puzzle. That would be the mature you showing through.

I like you thoughts about the airplane being a dual symbol since that what all symbols are. Symbols are addressing more than one aspect, often several, at one time. Present and past, dual events in the present, a combination of dual experiences both past and present. Often when we look back at a dream we see things that become clear and represent some other aspect in life. The dream will hold to the original interpretation but there is addition applications that become visible later on. Dreams are simply fascinating and just as you think you have it all pinned down, something else pops up. I dare say if you look back at this dream in a years time you will see something we missed in our first observation.

So, in teh end it was you who interpreted your own dream. One goal in life for me is to get people interested in their dreams. Another is to help them understand and interpret their own dreams. Some people have little trouble doing so. With some it takes some in-depth explanation and education. And still with others you can hit the nail on the head and provide a clear and correct interpretation and they still fail to see. You fit in with the first category.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present