Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question Re Dream Structure

I would like to know your opinion and thoughts on this particular dream structure/format that happened with me in my library dream.

First this other dream is about a couple and I looking at a Hibiscus tree full of blooms - then a hummingbird comes in and lands on the flowers.

Then this other totally different dream of the Library occurs - see
my Library Dream Here

... this in itself is fine, as it seems that a dream is happening, stops, then another begins.

But then, at the end of the Library dream, the other dream resumes! The reason I know it's not my memory playing tricks on me and that this is just the same dream remembered twice (if this is even possible) is that something else happens in the red hummingbird dream:

I find myself again with the same couple and we are all still in the same positions, but now it is morning, I know this, whereas before it had been night. The hummingbird on the flowers rises (awakens) and now I see to my surprise that it's not a bird at all, but a red butterfly. It lifts itself slowly and flies above the blooms.

This was literally a dream within a dream. I know this deviation from the "normal" dream presentation is significant, just as you knew that remembering a dream 30 minutes after waking was important for you.

A bird, a beautiful tree, a butterfly - all mostly represent the Self and its positive advancement, so these symbols {as I think about this more, I know that for me, these represent parts of how my bliss would be - gardens, nature, birding, trees, nature, etc.} are an encouragement for me. Then the potential threat (Bomb in Library) interjects and says, "But wait a minute! You're not out of the woods yet! There is still a price to pay" ....

I'm just typing as I'm thinking here... am looking forward to your thoughts.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60, Atlantic Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Question Re Dream Structure

Hello,

Here is what I got.

Morning indicates a new start, a new journey.

The hummingbird awakens and turns into a red butterfly, I guess this may indicate this new beginning may hold something beautiful.

The library dream, which had a gaping hole and a bomb may indicate your perceived journey may have obstacles and potential threats which cardboard getting wet may represent parts of which you hold special may slip out.

I guess their is a chance to break through all of this, which the man in the blue suit had a significant impact on you.

Their may be some confusion in the end as the person of the desk asked you to pay money for the books you brought in.

Hope this helps.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23, England

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Check my follow up posts

Thank you, Alex.
You present a few items that I had not "looked at" too closely:

The gaping hole in the glass door or window

There's a 'hole' - like punching a hole in my story/attitude?

I had not even considered the cardboard but yes, one has a tendency to put precious things, or just things, in cardboard boxes. There seems to have been a fire, so what is left? Just the empty boxes. What do I think I have lost in the fire - burning out, cleansing, purging? But why are they on the roof?

Yes, the man in the suit is also a candidate for a good resolution. Had not seen that either.

Thanks!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60, Atlantic Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Raymonde,
I had three other dreams this morning I took up before putting my attention to your post. I has been awhile since I have had that number of posts. But it is a lot less than it was several years ago when I had so many requests I could not keep up. I had to back off because I was unable to answer every post and for me that is unacceptable. I want to answer all posts and provide the best I can in my interpretations. Surprisingly with the three other dreams I was able to see 'within' the dreams and find clarity. Not having the past pressures from social obligations {before I retired} I am able to focus on the dreams and that seems to be paying off. I could not be more happier about that.

OK, to your post.
The Hibiscus tree and the humming bird. Of course we know trees often symbolize growth and branching out. The type of tree have symbolic meaning or it could merely be from an early experience or encounter with a Hibiscus tree. The hummingbird is a small bird that carries great potential and powers. It helps pollenant the 'tree' to make it grow and branch out into something new. Of course this would reflect some aspect of your life.

If the tree/hummingbird dream is encapsulated within the library dream then I would think there would be a positive reflection of what the 'bomb' is. The bomb dream is in context of the question about precognitive dreams and there may be a connection there. perhaps there is something precognitive about the bomb dream that when realized will provide greater growth potential.

Your post continues with a dialog about being in the 'same position'. The night turns into morning, perhaps a new awakening? The bird turns into a butterfly which is an insect that undergoes a metamorphosis to be its intended self.
Could this be saying there is something else you have yet to recognize that is slowly having to go through the same metamorphosis as other past realizations? There has already been a 'blooming' and now you are going above even that growth.

Perhaps it is saying there are still other aspects to your past that need to be realized and reconciled. 'You are not out of the woods' quite yet.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present