Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My Dream: Cutting the Grass-Shorter Summary-Interpretation Part 1

Jerry,

From my point of view, you have quite successfully interpreted this dream and I don’t think there is anything else that I could add to help you with it.

The dripping faucet is indeed letting your emotions show and closing the tap would indicate that you are holding them in check. In taming your anger and dealing with the potentially explosive situation with the man who accused you, you are showing wise judgement and maturity in your behavior.

The objectivity that Jung describes as being the hallmark of an individuated person is very apparent in the responses that you give for your interpretations. I admire that tremendously, by the way. It's not often I meet someone who has achieved this and uses it so wisely.

You state:
“The lawnmower is exactly the one I had actually bought recently, used and having a problem running {it will start, then stop and I had to wait 10 minutes before it would start again}. I had returned the mower to the guy I bought it from so he could repair it but he failed to do so. So the lawnmower is actually as it is in real life {unusual in itself}.”

Why do you think this is unusual in itself? Further, you say,

“(Need to cut back) This part of the dream reflects my true waking experiences in symbolic form as well as in literal terms when applied to the lawnmower. Cutting the grass and 'personal growth; responsibilities is both literal and symbolic {I cut the grass at the house I am living}.”

What is this lawnmower? It’s a tool – a tool used to perform a necessary operation to achieve a desired result. In this case, the obvious job of cutting the grass. You equate “cutting the grass” as the necessity of cutting back on too much activity related to services you provide, and that seems a correct correlation. My focus, though, is on the fact that the lawnmower is “used” ...

You say, “So the lawnmower is actually as it is in real life {unusual in itself}” and by saying this you are assuming the dream is interchanging the waking life mower for the symbolic cutting tool in your dream. That's one layer.

But I would venture to point out that, as you know, dreams don’t necessarily show you something you already know.

What if you are being shown that the “tool” that you are using in waking life, represented by the Used Lawnmower in the dream, is not what you expect it to be – you got it ‘fixed’ but really, it wasn’t fixed at all – and still, it's not being effective in 'cutting the grass' as it still breaks down.

In your waking life, are you trying to deal with a known problem by implementing a used, but ineffective, method or means? In other words, the wrong tool?

This is your conclusion:

“As for the lawnmower. It represents channeling those negative energies into positive ones. Cutting back on the responsibilities {grass} that I all of a sudden feel pressured by and channeling those energies into not feeling I am obligated to do anything other than I wish to do.”

How are you “cutting back on the responsibilities”? Are you doing so in a manner that is integral to your psyche and in line with your Higher Self ideals?

I read somewhere (I think it was Jung or maybe Robert A. Johnson) that the unconscious will let you get away with anything, but one. It will not let you get away with shirking your life responsibilities. I know this has been the hard-learned case in my life. Maybe there is still something (a life "tool") that you are "using" that is not in line with some responsibility?

This is just something that occurred to me as I read your dream.

I may be totally off the mark, but what do you think?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60, Atlantic Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: My Dream: Cutting the Grass-Shorter Summary-Interpretation Part 1

Raymonde,
I'll try and get a response sometime today to your post. I have been at it since 4 this morning {Eastern time}. I'm surprised I could go this long without taking time out for a nap.

Jerry

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present