Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My Dream: Washing My Hair {Perfect Example of How A Dream Functions}

The interpretation to this dream was primarily addressing recent experiences. But beyond that it is an overall view of my true desires and how to best to follow the 'bliss' factor. A couple of additional thoughts I have to the dream {not that I haven't already written a book about it}.

One is the numbers in the dream. The number nine is my spiritual number because for me it does represent the feminine aspect of the psyche. The ancients associated the number Nine with the goddess or female aspects of divinity. The nine muses, the creative self that is divinity as full express of one's soul. I interpret this number in dreams as described above. Other than the number 4 it is the number that best fits with a 'individuated' condition. Here are some associations of the number nine.

According to the research of Joseph Campbell, the number 9 is traditionally associated with the Goddess Mother Of The World. In India there are a total of 108 names associated with this Goddess

To do with the human physical body:
Nine month gestation period in human birth process

Human mean normal respiration rate is 18 times per minute

Human mean normal heartbeat is 72 times a minute

Average number of heartbeats per hour is 4,320

Average number of respirations per hour is 1,080

Average number of respirations per 24 hour period is 25,920
Note: when you add all the numbers together in the list they all equal the number NINE

Other associations
25,920 is also the length of a sidereal year (

There are 360 degrees in a circle
The circle in myth and dreams symbolizes completeness/wholeness

Some cultures measure time in terms of very long cycles. In the Hindu tradition the present cycle of time consists of 432,000 years. This is called the "Kali Yuga". The great cycle in which the Kali Yuga falls consists of 4,320,000 years (Campbell, The Inner Reaches Of Outer Space, 1986)
Add the number 432 and you get nine. Nine is the number of the universe.

The Icelandic tradition tells of the great warrior hall in which there were 540 doors. Through each door there would come 800 divine warriors (ibid.). Okay, so 800 doesn't reduce to 9. But check it out: 800 warriors are coming through each of 540 doors. 800 x 540 = 432,000 warriors!

A Greek version of the history of Babalonia says that between the time of the building of the first city, Kish, and the time of the Great Flood (as recounted in the Bible) there elapsed a total of 432,000 years

The Number Six
Six is an inverted nine which I see as representative in dreams a the whole physical self

Revelation 13:18, "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and the number is Six hundred threescore and six (666)". However, according to Lawrence William Lyons (The Language Crystal), the word for "a man" in the original Greek is anthropos, also meaning "mankind". And no article "a" appears in the Greek text. Further, the word for "his" in "his number is" can be read as "its" implying no gender. So the Bible may say that 666 is the number of "humanity" or "mankind"

Mankind as symbolic of the number six in dreams.

The numbers 3 and 4
Another aspect that these two numbers fit into my life is I have achieved all but one goal in my move to Florida. To say the least everything that needed to fall into place for me to be able to make my move has done so. The one last thing that needs to happen is for me to find a source of additional income to sustain my 'simple' lifestyle. My 'Survivor's benefits' from social security {this is a story in itself} is just short of what I need to be fully financial independent. But everything else I am doing what I need to do to fulfill those needs but with everything to do with the journey I know that too will come to fruition.

As 3 of 4. I will have to think about this and post it later. I know it fits somewhere, my confidence in such applications being they always do. Numbers always have meaning in dreams, as does every other symbol, action and pattern in dreams.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: My Dream: Washing My Hair {Perfect Example of How A Dream Functions}

Jerry,
You continue to amaze me with your self-understanding and how clearly you see your goals and how to achieve them to follow your bliss.

This is pure inspiration for me, I must say. I will re-read your dream and your deciphering and post my impressions later, if that's ok.

I couldn't sleep last night for all the new "knowledge" that I've gleaned from listening to the Marion Woodman interview and from this forum as a whole. My spiritual library is certainly evolving and growing because I too have had dreams last night, actually early this morning, that are bringing in new energy. I will post them as soon as I finish this reply.

till next
Raymonde

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60, Atlantic Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present