Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Mansion of Monsters

So this dream started off that my entire family won a trip to go stay in this huge, ancient Victorian mansion for like a week. The family who owned it were very old-name and well-known, but mostly they were well-known for being extremely bizarre people, sort of like the Adamms family. There was the mom and dad, then a son who was like 8 and a daughter who was like 3 or 4. Then they had a bunch of servants in the house too. Anyways they had thrown the contest, and so would now be hosting us during our visit and making it as comfortable and awesome as possible. So we got there and the mansion was just as beautiful as it was in the pictures and we were really excited. Since the mansion was so big, there were multiple contest winners, so we came with some of our extended family that I didn't know so well, and a bunch of strangers.

As soon as I met the family and servants I felt uneasy. I knew something was up, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what. However the first day went by really well, we had a ton of fun with all the activities planned, and it was cool to live like royalty for once, with all these servants waiting on us and banquets being made and nannies to look after the little kids so we didn't have to. It just seemed fun. The second day however..... it went well until night time. One of the guests went out for a walk in the gardens and never returned. They just completely dissapeared. Everyone felt nervous but the host family was doing their best to comfort us, saying maybe he just left. No one really thought that though. As the days continued, more and more people went missing. Usually the ones who vanished were the ones who complained about the house not being what they expected, or how they wanted to leave since people kept dissapearing. Well it was now Thursday and the night before a child, a little girl had vanished while in the gardens. The mother had vanished with her, and people had heard screaming. I was starting to get angry, and wanted to get to the bottom of things. I suspected foul play, so my first thought was to check of these people were monsters, which I had suspected from the beginning but wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. I used this sort of third eye vision to look at them. I found out literally every non-guest in the house was some sort of monster. I decided to confront the head maid on this, since we had had the most interaction. She had always been a very polite but somewhat aloof person.

She was a vampire. I was immediately suspicious. I told her I knew what she was, and what the others were and demanded to know what happened to those people. Her demeanour changed and she was instantly aggressive, saying it was none of my business to know. I basically insulted her a lot for feeding off of all those poor people and causing their disappearances. I found out the family had nothing to do with it, it was the maid all along and even though the family were monsters too they were actually trying to fit in with human society. I told the maid if another person went missing I would tear her apart. She asked me why I even cared and I said that she was breaking certain monster laws and policies that it was my duty as a werewolf (don't ask I'm a werewolf with a small part dragon in me in all of my dreams that's just how it is) to uphold the balance between our worlds. She complained that there were no such laws and I was like "Yeah that's something a vampire would think." and then added another derogatory statement about vampires.

The next couple days no one vanished and they went relatively well. I spent the days impressing the staff by pointing out who was what kind of monster. I found out the daughter was actually the anti Christ, which was a little awkward and a whole other issue I didn't want to get involved in at the moment. Then more trouble started the night before we were meant to leave the next day. I was playing with my little sisters when the house fire alarm went off. We all frantically ran outside, me grabbing the girls and we gathered in the "safe" area of the mansion. But when I saw all the guests congregated there I knew it was a trap, it was in this enclosed area with a gate around it so people couldn't get out. I begged my mom not to go in with the girls so she waited outside. There were men and workers all over busily setting things up and getting things ready. I went after one of the workers to go ask what was going on. He told me plainly that the vampire maid had hired them to make sure her summoning ritual went perfectly tonight, and that all the guests would be used as sacrifices. I was like "Oh crap" and asked what she was summoning thinking I could fight it, but then he said she was summoning Aries and I was like "the Greek god of war?? Really??" Turns out she was giving these people to him because he had lately gained a passion for baseball, and had requested players for his own personal team. In return he would give her incredible power. I asked if there was some way to stop it and he said no, only a replacement sacrifice could be made. He said I could offer myself instead, but I better be a really good baseball player. I figured being an overpowered monster would make me more valuable at sports than them, so I made up my mind to get the others to safety, and then take their place. I transformed into my beast form and took off, leaping over people's heads and occasionally gliding so I could get there faster.

When I returned they had taken my mom and sisters prisoner as well. The vampire was nowhere to be seen. I rescued all the guests and family members that were still alive, as some had been killed trying to escape. But my sisters were missing. I was furious and was interrogating/threatening the head summoner over it, who said they had been taken to one of the other summoning sites designated specifically for the children. It was in another state and they had already driven away some time ago. He didn't know where it was but I figured I could follow their scent, it would just be a bit of a hassle. Then my alarm woke me up.

Any ideas as to what it might mean? It was pretty intense. Sorry for length. >.<

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: The Mansion of Monsters

Anna,
I am going to shock you by saying this dream is partly your life and partly what you wish it were. The wishful part is the winning a trip to Victorian mansion, a house {you}, or more precisely an 'established' home, you wish you and your family lived in. This is called a 'wish fulfillment' aspect of your life, opposite what you feel you have. Your whole life is a contest of ups and downs, constant changes, moves and relocation. The life you are living is 'bizarre' because of these constant upheavals. Do you have a brother and a younger or older sister? Those years when the 'sisters' {you and your sister} were 8 years old and 3 or 4 years old {one of you, the sisters, is 4 or 5 years older than the other} were probably happy years in your life. Life was comfortable, stable and 'awesome'.

But as reality sets in your feel uneasy because you know unconsciously this is a dream. Early life went well {first day}, you were well served in this early life environment. But as you got older [the second day} things seemed OK but again unconsciously {night} you knew it was a dream {looking back at your early life and expectations vs reality}. Early life was promising {garden} but that disappeared. Things were uneasy then but your family did the best it could do under the circumstances {in real life}. As you got older more and more of the good expectations went missing {more and more people went missing}. That little girl {you} with such promises in life had disappeared. This disappearance of a healthy childhood would affect your whole being {mother}. The house had turned from a garden to a house of monsters {those negative aspects in your life}. The maid could symbolize being dependent on others.

The vampire represents the 'sucking of emotional energy'. As you got older this is how you feel emotionally, life is sucking the positive energy out of you. This caused changes in you. The poor people may be how you felt at times under the circumstances with all the upheaval in your family life {your dad losing his job, etc}. Being dependent on others {maid} 'made' you feel like your whole life was 'monstrous'. Yet you tried to fit in {with peers and friends}. You found yourself struggling just to find balance in your life. Society {laws} has its requirements if you are to fit in but you do not feel you fit in, you are an outcast feeding off your won negative emotions.

There are times over the past years as you have grown up that seemed stable enough. But never long enough for you to feel really comfortable. You probably blame yourself for a lot of what has happened {but that is another emotional issue beyond your family life}. This is common for a child to feel.

Then the scene changes to what seems to be an actual early life experience. Let me suggest something out of context with what i have speaking about and let you consider it. It may not be anything.
This other issue, the issue to do with the anti-christ. Was there an event early in your life that involved you and your sisters {perhaps you have more than one sister, or the 'sisters' reference in the dream could be referring to you and your sister}? There may have been an experience that had been forgotten or repressed. The hire workers may be a real part of that experience. Your mom may have known about it or been involved. Look at this and see if there may be something other the normal conflicts we have discussed.

If not then the dream is continuing a dialog about the constant changes and emotional conflicts in your life. Let me examine this last part of the dream {the end is always important in dreams} and give my thoughts later. Until then think about what I suggested and see if you can remember anything. The monster in your dreams may be more than a emotional conflictive family life. But that is speculation at the moment.

I'll await your response.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks again for the interpretation Jerry :) Once again I'd have to say I can understand every point you make, even if it depresses me somewhat. Honestly that couldn't be a more accurate description of my feelings on the whole moving thing and struggling to try to fit in. I hadn't thought of that at all! I have always felt like something in me died a while ago. And I have definitely always dreamed of living in just one place, having friends I'd known forever and the like. The one thing I'm not so sure about is the anti Christ thing. I do remember thinking it wa kind of weird that it was a girl in my dream. I can't really think of any big horrible events that happened to me as a child, my life was pretty smooth excepting the moving thing. And if I am repressing something I wouldn't exactly be able to remember it, would I? Haha. Anyways as for my younger sisters its the same, nothing's gone on with them either. Hrmm. Well it's still weird. Anyhow you're great at this! I'll be waiting to see what you think of the ending! (looking back on it it seems really silly and a completely random shift in events but in the dream I was so serious, hehe)

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Anna,
I'll provide my thoughts to the rest of your dream Sunday morning. One of my cats {I have four} is very ill and I'm spending time with that today. A very serious illness.

I do want to give it very deep inspection because of the symbols. Especially the anti-christ symbol.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

No problem! That's awful, I hope your cat gets better :(

Anna,
Let me try to make sense of the last two paragraphs of this dream including the anti-christ symbol. It starts out addressing a period of time in your life that 'went well'. You are spending time trying to sort through emotional issues, the monsters in your life. The anti-christ symbol may be about perfection, or in the case of being 'anti' not being prefect. But in the same sentence there is the "which was a little awkward and a whole other issue I didn't want to get involved in at the moment". Is there an experience that fits with this issue where you did something that made you less that perfect or made you feel less than perfect? This leaves an impression {for me} there is something, perhaps a personal experience, more than what we have been discussing in general.

The trouble begins here. If the statement about the other issue is a dream statement then the trouble that starts anew is still addressing the 'other issue'. This gives me the impression this part of the dream may be addressing an actual event or experience. If there is something you can remember that fits with this then that may be something you have forgotten or repressed. Give thought to this and see if you can come up with anything.

Beyond that, and in the flow of what we have been discussing about your topsy turvy life where you had to make so many moves, the dream would be addressing another change or move. You were in a place for a time where life was normal then it changed and the trouble began. The alarm may have to do with the sounding of the same old routine of leaving a comfortable time and stability in your life. You were in a 'safe' place of normalcy but then that ends and you realized it was a 'trap', not a long term normalcy you wish for {this is still an ongoing event in your life}. Your mom waiting outside and the men workers may be a reference to once again having to submit to your father's working conditions and your mother having to go along with it {willingly or unwillingly}. The 'vampire', same old routine is once again draining you of emotional energy. You had discovered contentment {the baseball may be a real experience} but you were being 'made' once again to relinquish that contentment. The same old ritual, again. Sacrificing contentment.
Are you an Aries?
The Greek god of war may suggest having to fight the emotional affects. A masculine aspect as are the workers busy setting things up and getting ready. You wish for your own team, your own set of rules and not this constant changes {again wishing}. That would make you a much stronger person and not the imperfect person you are having to live under these circumstances {the anti-christ reference perhaps?}. But there is no way to change that. You still must make sacrifices to the family. You must be a good player, play by the rules you live under and sacrifice so the others {family} are safe. You conform and the beast {insecurities} rattle in your head even as you stay strong for the good of the family.

The above more or less fits with your life. But if there is an experience other than what I have laid out it would be important to address and confront. Anything left unattended to will come back to 'haunt' you later/ That is if there is anything.

The final paragraph seems to be saying you are conforming while sacrificing your wishes. There seems to be a confrontation with the head summoner which may be a reference to your dad and/or yourself. There is a separation, one either real referencing your sisters or a symbolic reference to you {or both}. If it is a separation applying to you it would represent something different for them.
The scent you follow would be your senses. You will have go to the same place your sisters have gone {a reference perhaps to something they have accepted and you had not}, perhaps comply with something they have already done. It is a hassle but once again you are complying to the 'head summoners'.

Unless there is some other issue you have yet to discuss {or has been revealed} then the dream seems to be addressing much of the same issues you have been experiencing with the constant changes and moves in your life. You are doing what you are required to do for the family, sacrificing your wishes for the good of all. Perhaps the end message is, and the last part of a dream usually reveal something, is you are conforming now but you should not let that be who you become later in life. Doing what your told could lead to bad relationships as well as not being your true self. If you can not be your true self you will always fall short in life, conforming to other people's rules. Those wishes and desires you have for yourself will never materialize. You are at that place now and you sure don't want to live the rest of your life there.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Well as to if there is some sort of specific event that's just hard for me to say. I mean I can't really think of anything that happened to me when I was 3 or 4 that was bad, that was a pretty great time in my life. However it's not like I remember very much about that age anyways just a few memories here and there. The only bad thing in my life at that point was night time because I experienced horrifying nightmares. Good dreams were few and far between. And to add onto that I was pretty fearful at night anyways. That's the age where monsters were very real to me and I would spend nights awake and scared. Night was just not a good time for me haha I would even leave my room to sleep somewhere else so the "vampires" wouldn't find me. But I guess that's not really related because it's not an event! Anyways like I said, don't remember much from back then anyways except for night and oddly my dreams. (I find it ironic I can't remember much of real life back then but I remember a ton of my dreams)

As for the rest I would agree. The head summoner part was....I don't know. It didn't feel like a huge confrontation or anything. He was this chubby, short old fellow with glasses and I felt sort of bad for picking on him in the first place. But I was so angry my sisters were missing (I'm very protective towards my younger siblings, especially when they are very young, my sisters are 3. I have dreams all the time about having to save or protect my siblings when they are babies like that) anyways I was yelling at him and when he said he didn't know I flew up in the air holding onto him and when we were really high I asked him again and then dropped him when he said he didn't know. As he fell he told me about the other summoning site but he really didn't know where he was so I caught him before he hit the ground because I knew he was telling the truth.

Also I am an Aries, hehe.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 usa

stats from 7-14-10 to the present