Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Elephant In My Glass House

Brilliant assessment as far as I'm concerned!

You are right about me missing something in my 'dream education' - I had the above dream on the 27th, and since then, I have ordered The Power of Myth by Campbell and The Language of Dreams (from Sounds True) by Marion Woodman.

I had not seen the balance issue with the masculine and feminine elements like that before in this dream but it really makes complete sense. Also since then I've started doing "balancing" exercises (Yoga, mostly) and mental exercises to better include the male in me in my daily activities. As an example I am learning to build my own website from scratch (HTML & CSS), something I have always relied on a man to help me with.

I also see the "elephant" as having another, common meaning. When they say "there is an elephant in a room," it refers to an unspoken, often secret, influence on whoever is in the room. I'm still being influenced by 'my secret'... Also you say, "animal" nature, yes, AND - don't elephants relate to MEMORY? I am just getting that now! Is what I don't want to remember going to cause my walls to crash? It's just too big not to forget...

"I can see both aspects doing this but the dream seems to be focused on that thing that gets in the way of the true self which would be the bliss. The seeds you planted have to do with that growth. Is this correct?
As Joseph Campbell said about following your bliss. 'If you do it to earn money, you've lost your life'. You must do it because it is what you love to do. The money will come, and you will still have your bliss."

The seeds which I've planted would point to my growth, yes, as I feel I am going in that direction. A part of my shadow is to try to make money out of my creative talents, instead of developing those talents first and see what happens. In other words, the "follow my bliss" should be first, and not the other way around. Something to ponder more deeply.

"Now that you have discovered these new sources you have planted new seeds that will grow. And that will lend itself to understanding dreams."

I had not looked specifically at what those seeds may represent at all, but it's a distinct progression to a deeper understanding of dreams, yes.

What do you think of Tarot cards, Jerry? Jung studied the IChing in depth but I am very drawn to using Tarot cards as a means, exactly as dreams are, for disclosing (discovering) one's deep, inner path towards individuation.

Raymonde

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60, Atlantic Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Raymonde,
A quick response concerning the 'big' elephant in the room. Yes, elephants can refer to memory. They don't forget. In human emotions neither does the dream. If it remains unresolved then the dream will not only remember it but will make it a prime source of material to be featured in your dreams. There must be a determination just exactly what the 'big' elephant symbolizes that is so strong it remains the topic of your dreams. There can be several applications but usually one primary one. If indeed the one is memory then that issue would likely be the past abuse. What remains unresolved with that issue?

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

TOUCHÉ !

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60, Atlantic Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present