Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Seeing a dead aquaintence from high school

First, I would like to point out the guy in my dream was an acquaintance from high school. I do not recall having seen him since my late teens. I was very surprised to learn of his death 2yrs ago. However, I don't understand why I dreamed of him or what it means. I would love some direction or insight. Thank you.
Dream:
I was in a place, like a lunchroom except it wasn't a lunchroom it ...was kind of like a church eating place. Except, it didn't feel like a religious gathering. It felt like a social of some sort. I can't recall if I knew anyone in particular (except for Adam) but the setting was familiar.
There were many tables with people sitting and eating and sort of meddling about. I saw Adam standing. (He was kind of just standing in the room, almost in a corner. No one else seemed to pay attention to him) I noticed him and was a little surprised, as Adam died about 2yrs ago. I couldn't believe he was there. I went to get food (? Maybe, don't recall much about this detail, it just seems like was what was going on at this social) and then sat down at a white rectangle table. Adam was either already sitting, or came and sat beside me. I spoke to him and asked him either why or how he died. Then he disappeared. I woke up. He never said anything. I don't understand the meaning of this dream.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36, Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Seeing a dead aquaintence from high school

Tish,
Small world. I just moved from Murfreesboro to Palm bay Fl. in October.

Your Dream
When someone you don't know well or have had a close relationship appears in a dream it is because there is something about that person you identify with and/or because of a recent experience to do with that person or associated with the actions of that person {his death being the a possibility}. In this case the fact you learned he had died may have prompted his inclusion. But there would be something else about him or his death that would also cause him to be in your dream. Looking at the other symbols and actions in the opening of the dream/first paragraph {dreams usually have four parts with the opening setting the stage for what the dream is trying to communicate} there is a lunchroom, church, eating place, social event/gathering, familiar setting. The themes that come through for me are, receiving nourishment {lunchroom, eating place}, possibly something spiritual {church}, something about social aspects that has accumulated {social event/gathering} and something familiar that may have something to do with Adam's death or associations to death or something that comes to an end {death in most dreams is symbolic of something that has ended and not an actual death}. Another theme is there is someone or something from your past which could represent an emotional event from your past.

The second paragraph has atable which often symbolize social aspects. The unnamed people would likely represent aspects of yourself. The sitting position would be something that is 'sitting' in your unconscious that is now 'meddling' or interfering with your conscious mind. Adam {a masculine aspect is standing which may suggest something is asserting itself in the present time. The corner may represent something in the 'corner' of your mind, something from your past pushed aside that is now coming back to your memory. Something you are now noticing to do with Adam. Then there is the food symbol which often represents some type of nourishment or emotional energy. Let's go with emotional energy. Something about Adam has came and 'sat beside you', or has come to you. Something perhaps in the past that had disappeared from your memory but now has come back to you.

The one other symbol is the white rectangle table. Squares usually symbolize wholeness but a rectangle is not completely square. It has 4 right angles which along with the table symbol may suggest something in the social being. White is a symbol for purity and innocence.

The theme of your dream is 'a dead acquaintance from high school. What associations from your high school days could there be that has come back to you? Something not to do with Adam as a person but something associated with him. Death maybe? Something about Adam's death has stimulated associations in your memory, past emotional experiences. Is death a subject that injects fear? Being a masculine aspect {Adam as a male} his 'end' may suggest a weak masculine aspect when it comes to death.

Also consider experiences from two years ago other than Adam's death that may play into the possibilities. And look at death as not meaning a real death but something that has ended. Go back to high school days and look at experiences where something ended, an emotional event that you may have forgotten but was brought back to memory upon hearing about Adam. I wish I could be more definite in my interpretation but there are probably personal associations in the dream that only you can discern.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Yes, it is a small world. However, my mother directed me to you when I was telling her about this dream. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to interpret and give me some insight.

I learned of Adam's death at the time it happened. However, recently, I have thought about another boy who died during my high school years. I did not know him, nor did I attend the same school. However, his death was quite tragic and shook the community. Also, even though I did not attend the same school, I had many friends who did and they knew him. For some reason, the event has always stuck with me. Recently, on a visit to my grandpa's house, I took a slight detour and drove past the boy's house to see if it were still standing. To my surprise, it was. It is a very old dilapidated house with a tragic history. It was also surprising to see a brand new large home in it's front yard (not sure why they did not demolish the old home). Maybe that is why I dreamed of Adam in particular.
I had to think a bit about what you said; something in the back of my mind, social gathering, spiritual. I am going on a girls trip (social gathering) with a few of my friends at the end of this month. It has been on my mind about telling my husband. I have been reluctant because the trip falls on Easter (spiritual) weekend. We have 2 children, and while I look forward to going with my friends (who also have children), I feel guilty about going on Easter weekend. We are not very religious, however, we do give the kids Easter baskets and I will not be home to participate. I actually told my husband about the impending trip this morning. Does this seem like an accurate thought on what the dream could have been about?
In addition, my marriage has been in a difficult place. My husband and I met in high school.
Also, while I do not consider myself religious, I have been considering learning about Buddhism.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Tish,
Tell your mother hello for me. We probably met from doing business when I was in Middle Tn as a fence contractor {see ads below}.

And thanks for the detailed reply. Your response highlights the many ways dreams will use experiences to denote emotional conflicts {subtle as well as deeper issues}. The 'two' deaths though many years apart are most likely a stimulus for the dream. Such events in early life do tend to leave a lasting impression and years later when something familiar happens these old memories are revived in our dreams {and sometimes as deja vu experiences}. The emotional energy they create lasts throughout life and will touch on personal issues later on. Death is always a volatile subject and the experience with it in high school and then Adam's passing brought back emotional energies that fit with several issues in your life today.

The spiritual aspect is also a logical stimulus for the dream. Your thoughts about studying Buddhism {I encourage you do so-it a great philosophy that is really more a psychology than a religion} could relate to the 'church' and Easter, and not being quite sure what type 'eating place' {spiritual nourishment} you are in. There may be unconscious barriers to studying Buddhism and that could relate to the Easter weekend {unconsciously}. Having grown up myself in the Christian church there was a natural reluctance for studying Eastern religions {I like you not being all that religious}. The Easter weekend would be the social gathering {social event/gathering and the table symbol}. The rectangle table could be addressing unconscious issues related to spiritual aspects. If your spiritual identity were set then the box would be square and not oblong {the four sides of a box with the number 4 representing wholeness}. The white {pure, innocence, something new/never done before} color could be the 'new' experience with Buddhism.

Then there is the number two in the dream. Numbers in dreams almost always have meaning. Often it deals with emotional conflicts {Easter vs Buddhism}, even subtle conflicts. This could relate to the Eastern weekend and your 'two' children. And there is always the 'at least two' interpretations to every dream {addressing current waking life experiences as well as past experiences usually to do with growing up}. Adam's recent death brought back past memories.

Then there is the trouble in the marriage. You met in high school. It all comes together in one dream but the emotional issues are related in symbols.

To some such dreams and associations are at best suspect when interpreting them in the manner I do. But from my experiences in working with dreams this is not all uncommon. If it were how would I have known to give the interpretation I did? All dreams have meaning and the meaning has to do with the dreamer and emotional experiences in their life. Using Jungian psyche, and possessing a developed intuitive sense, dreams can be understood for what they are and interpreted. When the dreamer puts it together by comparing what is happening in their personal life, it all falls into place. It is like a puzzle with what looks like a bunch of weird pieces, until you put it together and it begins to form a picture that is recognized by the dreamer as something very relevant to their personal life.

There could also be 'masculine' issues involved but perhaps not major. But if you look back at this dream later on you may discover new applications to it. That too is not uncommon. Dreams are fascinating in so many ways. The reason I enjoy 'deciphering' them and trying to discover their meaning{s}.

But in the end it takes an effort on the part of the dreamer to put it all together. You did a great job in doing that. You may want to take up the subject as you studying Eastern philosophy and religion since both are paths to the 'inner self'. A great deal of information about the inner world.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I would like to thank you again for your insightfulness on the dream.
Some dreams are more striking to me than others, that happening to be one of them. I find dreams to be very interesting and often try to figure out what mine are refering to. I've had repeated themes in dreams (though it's been awhile). It was snakes for a while and then I was 'stuck' on ledges (a building ledge, cruise ship loading dock ledge, ledge of a mountain). However, I have a deep fear of heights and ledges. Makes my stomach turn just thinking about it. Even years later, I can not figure out what provoked those dreams. I cant really figure it out now, because so much has changed in my life since then.

On the subject of Buddhism, do you have any recommendations of books to read for beginners. This conversation has encouraged me to take the steps to learn about the philopophy. I am even more interested in it now than before.
Also, my Mom said she somehow ran across you on Facebook, she enjoys your postings quite a bit.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36, Murfreesboro, TN

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Tish,
Instead of buying a book I recommend the internet to learn about Buddhism. There is so much info available on the www you will never run short of things to read. Here is a good site from PBS to begin Basics of Buddhism

To really get into Buddhism go to this site An Introduction to Buddhism. this site goes into detail about the philosophy.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present