Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Numbers as Original Archetypes and in Dreams

Philosophical thoughts that resonate while reading this book.

Emmanuel Kant
Psychology is the most important of all the sciences since our innate psychological makeup inherently colors all observation of nature, and all logical conclusions we make about those conclusions.

Makes sense. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is when there is an intuitive realization. Such occurrences, when not allowed to be filtered by thinking, are always correct because they come from the innate stratum of the psyche. They are not colored by the psychology of the individual but are direct realizations from the archetypal psyche.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Numbers as Original Archetypes and in Dreams

Jung and the Nature of Numbers
Random thoughts about archetypal numbers

Quote, "Through his study of patient's 'number' dreams, Jung came to believe that the smaller natural numbers are symbols in much the same sense that the people and events in our dreams are symbols of personified collective character traits and behavior situations. The integers seemed to correspond to progressive stages of development with in the psyche

smaller natural numbers, or integers {whole numbers 1-4}, are personified collective character traits and behavior situations. I take that to mean, in dreams, the numbers 1-4 are symbolic of collective character traits personified within the dreamer's psyche. They correspond to the 'progressive stages of development.

One corresponds to the stage of non-differentiation-aspects of oneself that are not normally conscious.

Two corresponds to 'polarity' or 'opposition'. Compensation, conflict, progression and transcendent function. i look at the number two more often as opposites meaning an emotional conflict.

Three corresponds to 'moving toward resolution. Identified the conflict and able to move in resolving it

Four corresponds to 'stability, wholeness. Resolution of the emotional pattern or conflict.

Looking bat these definitions I am struck to how well they fit with Jung's concept of the 4 parts in the structure of the dream.

1. Exposition: setting, characters, and theme
  aspects about oneself that are not conscious. The part that is in conflict

2. Development: story line
  what the conflict is

3. Crisis: crux or climax of the events
  developing the story. the crux or the decisive or most important point at issue

4. Lysis: resolution or conclusion, ending
  resolution, or conclusion of the emotional pattern. The dream may offer a resolution to the conflict or a conclusion as determined by the unconscious {true self without bias}.

With the number 5 we see a change within the original exposition. It is begins another stage beginning with the number one
six, seven and eight correspond to the numbers two, three and four but at another level or stage.

four and two make six. So to the number 42. A degree of wholeness has been achieved in the conscious life. I equate the number 6 to ego consciousness.

four and three, seven would represent developed wholeness in the conscious life but there is renewed conflict

four and four, or eight would represent 'assumed' wholeness on a conscious level. I say assumed because there may be an element of wholeness that comes to the conscious life but not the metaphysical self.

Nine is the balance and wholeness in all aspects of the life, unconscious and conscious. Moving out of the field of space and time to an inner awareness of metaphysical properties that assist the conscious life.

If natural numbers or integers are archetypal that would suggest they have possess 'archetypal energies' just as would the shadow or the anima/animus or Self. There would be a need to look at these first four numbers as important to the dreamer's psyche just as would be in identifying the shadow. Using the above scale as an interpretation tool {loosely} there could be an understanding of their meaning in dreams. The above description of the application of numbers in dreams is how I look at each number when giving an interpretation. I have being using this method/application {for the numbers 1-9} for many years. I would give even more attention to them in my interpretations when I see them in dreams. The Dream Forum is and has been a vast data bank for such discoveries {at least on my part}, where the feedback to an interpretation often identifies the correctness of the symbolic meaning of an image. The one primary difference will be treating numbers as archetypal as I would if I were to see the image of Jesus in a dream. Jesus would correspond to the number 4. So would the higher self, the number 4 representing an attainment of higher aspirations or achievements.

One last term we need to discuss. Unus mundus, Latin for "One world," is the concept of an underlying unified reality that everything emerges from and returns to. That bis the number 0, the void. All things come {evolved} from the void and return to the void. Before the big bang there was nothing but the void. Within the void there is 'no thing'. At least no thing that is 'known' or that can be understood by the conscious mind.

New discoveries in interpreting dreams. What Jung knew I am learning more of with every interpretation I give. Practical experience, or should I say experience, is wisdom.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present