Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Too many bugs!!

Anna,
I will give an interpretation in the morning {Sunday}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Anna,
I apologize for not getting to your dream yesterday. I have responsibilities this weekend that kept me tied up and not enough time to work with dreams.

The First Dream
If the guy in your dream doesn't exist as a real person then he probably exists as a masculine aspect of yourself. Showering is a cleansing of emotions. There seems to be a need for communication between the opposites {tell him when you take a shower}. That may suggest you at times are letting your emotions take over and need to be stronger {or you feel you need to be} and not give in to the emotions.
Bugs are little things that irritate. Accumulated 'bugs' can make you 'lose it' emotionally. Fingernails are sensitive parts of the hand {abilities}. Your masculine aspects {two boys could be actual reference to people also} are something that may be developing which is something you would be comfortable with. You need these masculine attributes to overcome the 'little' irritations in life. But again a lack of masculine qualities requires you to use other methods to control your emotions.

Note: let me say here there may be, and probably is, actual waking life experiences the dream is addressing. Those would be experiences only you would know about and impossible to interpret without more knowledge of your life in recent days.

This masculine quality {whether yours or actual males} knows what it is that is bothering you. It is something gross {in your mind}. There is a shift of the masculine attitude {in you?} By utilizing these aspects you would be more protected against emotional displays {the cockroach, which is a living emotional irritation causing you to gross out}. Without these masculine qualities you are still prone to the emotions. The sound of that, not able to use these qualities is something you can't get rid of.

Let me know if there is a recent experience with 'bugs' {irritable experiences} let me know what they are and perhaps I will be able to provide insights to the meaning of the dream related to that. I do believe, especially at your age, these dreams are referencing both the inner life and outer life experiences. The inner life would be about developing/utilizing stronger masculine qualities. This is something that seems to be a constant theme in your dreams which is understandable with the added responsibilities you have so early in life.

Second Dream
The house is you. The two secret floors are unknown/hidden aspects, one above the other {one perhaps stronger or more important than the other}. The old aspects may be delving deeper into the unconscious where there are 'secret places' not normally accessible to the conscious mind. Perhaps archetypal secrets, natural aspects that are available to those who are able to tap into the vast wilderness of the deep psyche. Dream interpretation, the use of intuitive abilities, is one such 'secret'. Or discoveries of the true self, which in this instance would be a balanced masculine/feminine attitude that you are developing. The black spider may be alluding the web of emotions, fears and strengths {the two opposites, the two floors, the two layers of unconscious}. The phobia of bugs may suggest a fear or a complex of something deeper, unconscious drives related to early life experiences.
The tiny snacks are 'bits of emotional nourishment'. The tiny room to hang out sounds life your dreams. I'll use a Jung quote that may be fitting:

"The dream is a little hidden door in the innermost and most secret recesses of the soul, opening into that cosmic night which was psyche long before there was any ego- consciousness, and which will remain psyche no matter how far our ego-consciousness extends."

When you dream you are accessing space that no other person can get to {your dreams}. That could be the higher floor mentioned earlier. The highest floor would be the deeper unconscious where the archetypes reside. Your mom is in a different world, a floor below the dream/unconscious world.

But there seems to be resistance to this secret world {a room or complex in your mind}. The mac and cheese are two opposites, gains and loses, something you have yet to overcome {a lack of masculine aspects over emotional fears/feminine}.

The spider could also related to your mother. Unconsciously there is a fear of nor receiving the nourishment needed in a mother/daughter relationship. That could affect your own inner mothering aspects, the archetypal mother who naturally knows how to be a mother. But if those skills are not utilized, as in with your mother who later in your childhood neglected to provide the emotional nourishment you grew to know, then it could affect you as a future mother. Again there may be archetypal forces at work here. They would be about natural mothering. In your life you have already had to become a 'mother' to your siblings which requires great strength {developing your masculine aspects}. A lack of proper mothering may be affecting the balance you should have, too much of a need to develop masculine qualities so early in life as well as having to be a 'mother' . This may be the prime theme of some of your dreams. The sudden lack of 'mothering' from your mother {especially after having received an abundance before} may be affecting the regulating aspects of the psyche. Your strong abilities to understand the dream world {understanding the Jungian approach to such a degree as you do} may indicate deep psyche abilities. With those abilities you would be able to delve deep into the unconscious psyche and gain access to things normally not available to the conscious mind.

Then there is your sisters. They have not had the proper mothering. They are having to live in a 'far off land' where monsters {fears} are a constant. You are having to be the mother, providing protection. Unconsciously you are capable but in the real waking world with all the responsibilities put upon you is harder to do so. You are naturally afraid for your sisters.

Two things to think about. The change in your mother's attitude could be more profound on your unconscious psyche than previously thought. All women have that 'instinctive mother' but when there is confusion in the waking life {as occurred with you and changes in your mother} that could create a complex. There may be the negative mother complex in play here.

Anything, so long as it is not like Mother! . . . All instinctive processes meet with unexpected difficulties; either sexuality does not function properly, or the children are unwanted, or maternal duties seem unbearable, or the demands of marital life are responded to with impatience and irritation an element of the negative mother .

The two secret rooms may be archetypal aspects of the inner mother. And having to develop strong masculine aspects so early in life can create an imbalance {to go with the mother complex}.

A lot to think about. I hope I am not overwhelming you with 'psyche' clutter. Masculine aspects and mothering seem to be the 'two' themes that are a constant in your dreams.

Melbourne Fence Pros ....http://www.melfencepro.com/

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Well I had recognized protection themes in my dreams already because I've been having them ever since there was a baby in the house that needed protecting! Literally since I was 5 years old I'd have dreams where the current baby of the family would be in danger and I had to help them. (However back then my dream self was far less capable of doing so. It took me years and years to develop my dream abilities to where they are now.) The masculine aspects in my dreams however I did not recognize until I began typing out my dreams to you. So strange.

I was considering what events in my life at that moment may have caused those dreams. I had gone on a date that day, but it went really well and we had a lot of fun so I don't think it was referring to that. I guess the most irritating thing in my life at the moment and presumably when I had the dreams as well would be family. I'm just getting that whole tiny nest syndrome thing and I need to leave and graduate already, so maybe that's what it's referring to? Also I find Jung's ideas very interesting so I don't mind all the Jungian jargon haha.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Anna,
The irritating things in your life would most likely be family related. It has taken away from your normal growth. It has put you in a position where masculine skills are required that should not have come until later in life. We all have to go through the stage of life with each stage having its own set of requirements. You have deviated from that natural path. The teen years are not normally years of having to be a 'mother' surrogate.

The masculine part of that would be having to utilize not fully developed skills. That is why so many boys in your dreams. Mothers who sacrifice for their children {in your case your siblings} are using masculine qualities to survive, they have to be both male and female models for her children. You are having to do that in your teens. That could be an unconscious irritation. Add it to the list.

The planning you are engaged with, graduating and moving to the next stage, that requires skill, discipline, courage. Masculine aspects. Another reason guys are a constant theme in your dreams.

When you learn Jung you are learning basic but important concepts offered up from so many of the great sages of all times. Instead of having to read Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, Socrates, Lao Tzu, Plato, etc., we need only read Jung and more recent teachers like him {Campbell} to understand what these other sages have to offer as insights. And then there is the science of psychology including Freud. Jung took us to new realizations and his dream theories may be the most important. I say that because there is still so much more to learn about the deep unconscious psyche, things no one else has yet to discover. That thought for me is so enticing I can not help but want to indulge. I get the sense you are the same.
Melbourne Fence Pros ....http://www.melfencepro.com/

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

stats from 7-14-10 to the present