Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Murder Mystery

Regrettably there are a lot a parts about this dream I've forgotten, but it was still pretty interesting anyways. It was the dream I had last night. In it kids from my school kept disappearing. No one knew why or where they had gone. They would always disappear while school was going on. I decided to take it upon myself to find out who was behind all the disappearances. One day in gym class the teacher asked a girl to go get something from the equipment room. She went to get it and didn't come back. While everyone was panicking I snuck into the room to investigate. I noticed an open door at the back of the room that lead into another supply room, but there was a giant teddy bear in the middle of it. I was immediately curious and went into the room to check it out. Within half a second I realized it was probably a trap, but even as I moved to exit the lights went out and I heard the door slam shut. I was about to freak out when the door opened again and the lights went on. A kid from my gym class was standing there. He told me sheepishly that he had seen me go in and hadn't wanted anyone else to go missing. Needless to say, I was incredibly grateful. With the lights on I saw another door at the back of this room that was closed. I opened it and it was an exit, leading to the woods behind the school. Sprawled all over the woods were various stuffed animals. I was disturbed and knew they marked the graves of the missing kids.

Then a lot of stuff happened that I don't remember. I know that somewhere in the dream I found the culprit of the murders. It was an evil spirit who in life had been a psychotic serial murderer of children in Russia years ago. He had been caught and left to die in the prisons of Siberia. He had been hopping from body to body to continue his murder spree even after death. Currently he was in the body of a random girl from our school. Anyways then came the night of prom. Everyone was inside at the dance and the murderer had an evil plan that would get a ton of people slaughtered. I went to stop him. He was riding a black horse and had summoned hellhounds to help him, which made me nervous. I confronted him and he began chasing me on horseback. I ran away to buy myself some time so I could figure out how to take him down. I went into beast form and was running on all fours until we reached the entrance to the school. He tried to ride in and I leapt at him and literally tore his face off (or I guess I tore the girl's face off....it didn't matter though because he only possessed his victims so she was dead anyways). He screamed at his hounds and they attacked me. I fought with them but I saw him slipping away so I grabbed one of the hellhounds by its shoulders and spoke in a strange language and it stopped attacking me and went after the other hellhounds instead. With them distracted I went after the guy and grabbed him off his horse. He asked what I'd said to the hound and I told him I had offered it a soul in payment if it would help me fight. He had merely promised them the corpses of all the kids he'd killed as food. I guess I had spare souls locked up somewhere to give away haha. Anyways I ended up dragging him down to Hell. I thought it was over there......but it wasn't.

Years later, I was now an adult. (And a man?? Wth. I told you my gender is really flexible in my dreams) I worked as a detective with the police and had a wife and infant son. A slew of disappearances that turned out to be murders involving children were popping up again and I was suspicious. But this time they had caught the murderer without me. It was a little boy. I went down to the police station to check it out and discovered it was the same evil spirit come back again, he had somehow escaped from Hell which baffled and frustrated me greatly. I spent a lot of time working with my partner and other cops who were in on the evil spirit thing to try to figure out what to do with him. It would be too suspicious if I killed him now because everyone knew about the child murderer. He couldn't be tried in adult courts because he was so young. No one would believe us if we told them the truth about how he wasn't a little boy at all, just possessing one. In the meantime he was causing a lot of trouble. I told him I was going to drag him back to Hell and he started freaking out. He kept mixing up Siberia and Hell and he'd say "Please don't take me back to Siberia." And I'd say "Don't worry, I won't. I'm just going to bring you back to Hell once I find a way to." He told me Siberia was so cold it burned like the flames of Hell, which disturbed me. Anyways I went home to my family and my wife was worried the guy had been visiting our house and watching our baby, because she found burn marks around the bed and our baby had been fitful and ill lately. I was going to look into it when my mom woke me up -.- Ugh.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: A Murder Mystery

Anna,
Lacking outside personal experiences that I do not know about but knowing much about your life in general I can see the following possibilities to your dream.

The disappearing students are you. The constant moves in your life where you are at one school only to move to another. The image with the teddy bear and the trap may involve a desire for independence from being trapped in constant changes. That would require you to use your positive approach to life to get past the constant moves you have made. There may have been promises of permanency but that has been too often and they all died with the next move your family made {marked the graves of the missing kids}.

The serial killer could fit a couple of possibilities. One could be your father. Killing something is not a literal killing of someone but a 'putting an end' to something, in your life {your dreams are about you. There could be unconscious emotions blaming your father for the constant upheavals in your life making him the serial killer {serial being a continuous pattern}. His being caught may suggest you have realized this pattern of changes in your life, despite the promises otherwise.

Another possibility is the serial killer is you dealing but with a mixture of emotions involving your father and your masculine aspects. The dream gets very involved with specific emotions I won't go into since they probably have a lot to do with personal experiences {I could only guess at what they are}. But the bottom line is how life has evolved in masculine forms with your father being a part of the reason {and to blame} for the negative changes as well as your own inner masculine tendencies of self destruction due to the constant changes. You are the victim but in a lot of ways probably blame yourself for how you feel {making you and your father both the same killer}. There may be aspects of your own developing masculine traits and attitudes that are being affected by your father's behavior patterns.

That does seem to be the pattern in the last part of the dream {shared behavioral patterns of your father}. These would be unconscious aspects associated with developing masculine attitudes {you are a little boy}. There is the 'same evil spirit'. The therapeutic aspect of the dream would be to help kill off this evil possibility {this may also be addressing a desire to end the changing life you have endured with your father throughout your life} before it matures. Unconsciously your psyche is evaluating your developing masculine aspects and determining what to end and what to keep {negatives vs positives with a focus on the negatives}. The experiences you have had have affected your childhood negatively. The 'murdered child' is you and it is masculine attitudes that caused it. Past experiences leave imprinted marks on the psyche and in dealing with your own developing masculine aspects there are these imprinted experiences you have to deal with. Dragging this imprinted masculine aspect through hell will help alleviate all influences of how your father treated you as a child. You do not wish to be a 'child murderer' like your father. As you enter into the next stage of life where you will have your own family there is the unconscious associations to your past experiences. Those experiences are great determiners of how you will evolve as an adult.

I believe the dream is trying to sort through the negatives of your early life in preparation for your future life. Specifically your developing masculine self which needs to find a balance within your total psyche. Without any actual experiences of physical child abuse {which the dream provides images but you say there are none} then the 'burn marks around the baby bed' would be your own psychological fears brought on by past imprinted experiences {with your father}. You don't wish to treat your child in this manner nor be in a relationship with a man who would.

The assessment I provided is complicated but because dreams are therapeutic and do address developing attitudes, and without knowing more specifics of your personal life that the dream might be addressing, it is the best possibility I can see from the dream. There are a lot of frightening images in the dream but without actual experiences in your life that fit with them then I can only assume they are psychological wounds brought on by the constant changes in your early life. Those experiences are damaging since you have not been able to live a normal childhood life. It also can cause unconscious fears for the future to do with developing masculine traits within you as well as future male relationships {you don't want to marry a man like your father}. In that sense it is a positive and fitting with the therapeutic concept of dreams {which many do not believe in as I do}.

Make sense to you?
Melbourne Fence Pros ....http://www.melfencepro.com/

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I agree with the students disappearing being parts of myself that "died" when I moved. I actually realized that while I was posting this haha. I think it's weird that I somehow rolled my dad and myself up into one though I would agree with it because I really don't want to grow up to be like my dad. So yeah makes sense. As to all the specific events you feel could be referenced from this dream, could you maybe explain which instances in the dream you think were based off of those events? I can't really think of any off the top of my head, but maybe that's because the days' events all sort of blur together in my head when it comes to negative stuff. So I don't remember specific negative events as well as positive ones o.o which is weird I know but I think it's part of the reason why I'm so optimistic. Sometimes I feel ridiculously lucky until I realize it's because I'm only remembering the good things! Anyways so yeah I'd be happy to give further clarification if you would tell me which parts of the dream you think are based on specific things.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Anna,
I don't know that there are any personal experiences. Normally dreams of someone your age addresses recent experiences and the dream symbols will apply to those instances as well as any deeper issues. Your dreams are different. They are diffidently addressing the deeper issues. There is always 'at least' two meanings or application to every dream, one dealing with the deeper issues and others dealing with other emotional issues. Usually for someone your age a recent experience will be the prime subject matter of a dream. Or at least the stimulus for deeper issues. That is why I mentioned the possibility to recent personal experiences. A good interpreter of dreams can determine the outline of a dream and see associations to emotional patterns or personality but the personal issues are not usually something that can be determined. One reason it is much harder to interpret a younger persona's dreams. Your dreams are in line with an older person' where reflection on causation are more prevalent. Your maturity may be one reason why you have these type dreams instead of the usually teen age dream where the life is focused on tomorrow more so than the past.
Melbourne Fence Pros ....http://www.melfencepro.com/

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Oh well in that case there might not be any involved. When my dreams are revolving around one event I usually realize that pretty quickly. So when I don't I figure they're just generalized snapshots of my life. And yeah people have always told me I had weird dreams. Except I've been having nightmares lately so I'm sort of concerned :/

stats from 7-14-10 to the present