Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Its been happening for too long...(this is a long one, guys)

First and foremost, I had not originally wanted to give you my age because I was under the pretense that it was likely no one would have anything interesting, or intelligent to say. That aside, you did surprise me with your accurate take on my dream.
Anyways, I’m 15 to clarify. And apologies for not having answered your response sooner, reason being I was still trying to sort out how to respond in the first place.
I think you're right in most aspects your interpretation, my dream actually makes more sense to me now that you've told me all this. When you said that "Him" appearing two years ago was apparantly a trigger for something that actually happened two years ago you were right. Which explains why I had such a dream a few weeks ago..Because I've figured that the same person that triggered those dreams the first time, triggered them this time. The reason that I couldn't see him is because, like you had said, he was a surpressed memory of the past that I didn't want to revisit...My reasoning behind feeling trapped in the room in my dream was actually because this person-- this person in my life--is someone that I want to, but I can't really avoid. I think in my dream, I was trying to escape the inevitable, because this person is actually back in my life now..So yeah.
That pretty much sums up my overall take on what you've told me. If you have anything else to add please let me know cause I do want to hear it!
Thanks alot for this, btw :) It really helped...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: None & Ya

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

WhiteMaidenWest,
A few more thoughts on your dream.

What happened two years ago in your waking life? I am assuming the guy who showed up in your dream is a dream image.

Your statement, "Who is "he"??? I don't even really know myself". Who he is says something you don't know about your self. Read you answer as you penned it. You don't know 'this part of yourself, this masculine part. Impressions from a dream are as important as the contents since the emotions you feel are true emotions. That suggests an animus aspect that is 'not known', and/or a repressed aspect {possibly involving a real male if this aspect fit} that your ego consciousness does not want to know because of the strong negative emotional energies. Again, was there such an experience from your past, possibly something from two years ago that created a strong emotional reaction, or something from that time period that brought back memories of something even earlier in life?

And why would he raise his head ago two weeks ago? Can you think of any associations between anything that may have happened two weeks ago and two years ago? Raising his head is raising your head {he is a part of you, or an emotional experience involving you}. Head could be symbolic of intellect, thinking, thought patterns.

There is a 'judging' element involved. Judging yourself unconsciously if to do with the animus. An unconscious judgement {usually involving guilt} associated with any personal experiences if a repressed aspect.

"I don't THINK it's good".
Again, an emotional feeling from the dream that is very important. I would feel it safe to surmise whatever the dream is attempting to communicate 'it is not about something good'. Consciously the ego doesn't want to know because of the emotional energies involved. Something not known to do with unconscious associations to the animus.

Rooms are 'compartments' of particular aspects of the psyche. I had a friend who had dreams of not being able to go into one particular room in her dream house {the house was her, her total psyche}. She was having an experience in her waking life where she was not able one particular thing. After some time she resolved the issue with that particular thing and then had a dream where she was able to go into the room.

Your 'room' has something to do with some unknown/unwanted masculine aspect. Dreams are therapeutic with the intent to help facilitate emotional healing. White, a positive color and often symbolic of healing, is a common symbol in dreams. Your room has two chairs {another 'two' in your dream -this is symbolic of opposites or emotional conflict}. You are in one chair but no one is in the other. That again is symbolic of an 'unknown' which is what is causing the conflict. You are waiting for this masculine aspect to show itself. And it has. In your dream.

"It is not a person that invades my dreams". That is pretty straight forward. The dream says what it means. But the dream language is seldom literal. The literal truth from the dream would be addressing your animus. A symbolic interpretation {again, every dream has at least two interpretations/applications} application could be a 'forgotten or repressed experience. The language may be saying the waking experience man is not a man but something less, a negative experience. That may be an over reading of the dream language but can be an appropriate assumption.

A sense of awareness. You sense something from the unconscious, and when you examine the whole self {turn completely around} it is staring at you. Something you did not see is ready to be seen. Unconsciously you already know, and when you begin to know it consciously you realize you already knew.

Now the dream is depicting a dialog within the dream {perhaps this was a lucid part of your dream?}.

He said to me without looking up.
"It's been a while hasn't it?"
In my dream I smiled at him (SMILED AT HIM??!!!) as if we were friends, and I agreed that
"Yeah, it has."
Repeat, I hadn't had a dream with him in a month or so.
Then he laughed, as if we were sharing an inside joke, and told me:
"I've been busy."
I asked him,
"What have you been doing?"
And everything froze. Time pulled to a stop, I couldn't move, and he didn't move either. I felt as if my question was wrong, like the kid who cusses in front of his parents, I shouldn't have said that.

This is an 'inside' job, to do with the masculine. A repeating of what we have discussed previously. Something is 'trapped' here, frozen in time, and in your head.

Eager to know what it is. This masculine aspect is what you are 'eager' to know about. Is it merely an animus aspect that needs to find expression in your waking life? Or is there something else. Knowing your age could be important in answering that question {at least for me to be able to answer it}. In a younger person there is more likely to be a more recent experience that has to do with this 'dream male'. In an older person it is more likely it is symbolic of a deep masculine aspect that has never been activated, allow to express itself. Usually a dream is focusing on both but one more so than the other. Knowing the dreamer's age helps to understand which.

At to consider in my response. If you give it a lot of thought you will probably be able to find associations in your waking life that match the dream experience. That is dreams are, a mirror of your true self at the time you had the dream. A month ago, two years ago, two weeks ago, these time spans are relevant to what the dream is trying to communicate. A weak masculine aspect in your personality and/or an actual emotional experience in your past that involved a male.
You can take it from there.
Let me know what you come up with.

Melbourne Fence Pros ....http://www.melfencepro.com/

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Oh, I also meant to add--you said something about my self-consious judging my real-life situation right? Well the person that came back into my life a couple weeks ago, I think my self-consious wasn't really sure how to take it. I mean, I didn't think it was a good thing-and even now I'm not entirely sure it's not a bad thing. Also, this person and I used to be friends so that would explain why I smiled at the person that appeared to be him. That he was wearing purple was probably the result of that being one of the last colors I can consiously remember him wearing.

Now, on the question that I asked him.
I asked, "What have you been doing?"...
I think that maybe the reason that time froze may have been because I didn't know what he'd been up to? Or maybe that was a question I self-consiously didn't want to know the answer to..I really don't know.

The end of the dream is the part I see with most clarity. The fact that I was actually "happy" to be able to see his face tells me that maybe the uneasiness in my dream was because of anticipation. Or like, anxiety-I was excited...but then I was scared. This makes sense because I knew I was going to see him again for real a few days in advance of when we would actually meet.

I think this dream was a result of my anxiety..

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: None & Ya

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

WhiteMaidenWest,
Age and gender are very important when interpreting dreams. Not so much perhaps for someone like yourself who at the age of 15 can understand how dreams function {I assume you read my page A simple Guide to Dreams}. Most 15 year olds would not understand or would not take the time to investigate the possibilities I laid out. A primary goal of my interpretations is to get the dreamer to think about what I offer and where it may fit in their life. You did a splendid job of doing that.

As for your dream and further insights. If I had known your age I would have looked at the 'masculine aspect' as likely being a recent and real experience in your life. Instead of focusing on inner masculine qualities as in an older person's dreams {older people tend to look back at life whereas younger people are looking forward, their life is still ahead of them} I would have looked to something more specific about the 'unknown'/repressed male. But because you apparently have a keen intellect you were still able to recognize how to fit into your waking life. Often those repressed experiences will be unlocked when there is a 'trigger' to help them open up to your conscious mind. At the end of the dream the masculine aspect {real male} raises his head which suggests something 'he' did triggered the memories from the past. His returning was an unconscious recognition of the bottled up emotions associated with past experiences involving him. Consciously you did not recognize this until you had the dream. You had the dream because there are unresolved emotional issues. Your dreams are therapeutic in they want to help in that resolution. If you kept them repressed they could have had unconscious control over your conscious life. Remembering the past experiences associated with this male brings it to the forefront where you can give thought to it and hopefully resolve whatever issues there are.

As to resolving those issues. It would be important to go back and give deep thought to what happened. Often, and especially when you are young, you tend to blame yourself for what someone else did to you. By analyzing what really happened and realizing it was not your fault, that removes a stigma of unnecessary blaming yourself. Not knowing the experience it is difficult to say much about it. But it is important to understand the experience with this guy and see what it is that is in conflict. Confronting that, and possibly confronting him, will help resolve the emotional conflicts. If he did something emotionally or physically wrong then it needs to be exposed. I suggest, if you have not already, talking to a trusted adult about the matter. If it was physical then it needs to be exposed not only to remedy your emotional needs but to bring justice. That will let you leave that trapped room. And if there is justice to be melted out it may stop him from doing it to others.

In summary, if the involvement with this male caused a serious {repressing it suggests it was} emotional experience then you need to recognize it and look to resolving the remaining conflicts. It was a psychological 'abuse' or experience then consulting someone can help resolve those issues would be most important. If were physical abuse you not only need to recognize and confront those issues but also let someone {trusted adult} know about it. If it happened to you it could happen to some other young girl or person. That could be the reason in your dream you asked him, "What have you been doing?"...
Has he been doing to others what he did to you?

Let me know your thoughts. If there is any additional information you wish to share you feel comfortable with you can do that {but only if you feel comfortable}. If you have any other recent dreams you can post them. Your dreams will continue to 'work' on this emotional conflict as well as any other related conflicts that may arise.

Web Design

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

WhiteMaidenWest,
What happened two years ago that may have to do with these dreams? That time frame will be important to understanding what it is that is repressed.

Web Design

I can see how knowing what it is that actually happened can would help you interpret things...and while I'm a little reluctant--I have indeed become somewhat trusting of you...so I don't see in true harm in telling you. Also, I don't see point in lying and telling you nothing happened.
When I was thirteen I was in 7th grade and I met this guy who was in highschool. Yes, we got together. Saving you the details, he was not who I thought he was. He was really manipulative and abusive. I didn't tell my parents because they adored him, he was--or his mask was--exactly what they wanted for me, they didn't know how he was when no one was around. I couldn't turn to my friends because they hadn't wanted me to be with him in the first place. So I didn't tell anyone, and it lasted for about half a year, then he moved away. And thats when I started having the dreams with a figure watching me in them. Now that I realize it was him, it makes sense because he was very controlling. Now, an old friend of his moved back into town and approached me a while ago asking if I'd seen him much--because he knew we used to be "close"--and when I told him I didn't really know, he started asking me all these questions about our relationship.
About a week after this was when I had the above dream..

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 15--

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

WhiteMaidenWest,
There is always a stimulus for our dreams and the 'old friend' of the abusive guy showing up and asking questions is probably the reason you had this particular dream. It stimulated the unresolved emotional conflict you had with the abusive guy.

The dreams where you had a figure watching you is probably related to this abusive experience also. The 'figure' would be your own unconscious, its attempt to help reconcile the fear that still is 'watching over you' from the result of your year long experience with the abusive guy. The experience possessed emotional energies that remain and as long as there is the fear {of him and the experience} you will continue to have dreams about the guy, and the figure. A reason for that is you have bottled up the emotions, not having shared the truth about the guy with parents and friends. As long as that remains the case 'he' {the abusive guy} will continue to have access to your psyche. I suggest you talk to your parents and let them know the truth. As for informing friends about it I would only do so if it becomes a topic of conversation where you need to let the truth be known. I would not make it a point to tell everyone because some may not understand the severity of the relationship and mis-conscrew your reasons.

There is one other item that may be important. You state your parents approved of the relationship. You would have been 13 at the time it happened. Was their approval one of liking him for a friend? You were/are very young to be in any type of serious relationship. If it was an approval based on more than just friendship I would question the parenting. That in turn would pose questions to possible deeper fears you may have from even earlier experiences where there was abuse. The figure could be of other unresolved abusive experiences. Think back to earlier life and see if there may be something frightening that could be repressed in your unconscious. Could there have been earlier experiences where there was abuse?

Again, it would be important that you get this out of your system and talk to someone you trust {an adult}. As long as you keep it bottled up the longer it will fester. It needs closure and the only way for that is verbalize what happened to someone who will listen and be sympathetic. Such experiences, if left unresolved, can become an influence on future relationships. Being aware of such type guys is a positive but there are possible negatives if you do not get this out. That is most important.

Web Design

stats from 7-14-10 to the present