Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Its been happening for too long...(this is a long one, guys)

I can see how knowing what it is that actually happened can would help you interpret things...and while I'm a little reluctant--I have indeed become somewhat trusting of you...so I don't see in true harm in telling you. Also, I don't see point in lying and telling you nothing happened.
When I was thirteen I was in 7th grade and I met this guy who was in highschool. Yes, we got together. Saving you the details, he was not who I thought he was. He was really manipulative and abusive. I didn't tell my parents because they adored him, he was--or his mask was--exactly what they wanted for me, they didn't know how he was when no one was around. I couldn't turn to my friends because they hadn't wanted me to be with him in the first place. So I didn't tell anyone, and it lasted for about half a year, then he moved away. And thats when I started having the dreams with a figure watching me in them. Now that I realize it was him, it makes sense because he was very controlling. Now, an old friend of his moved back into town and approached me a while ago asking if I'd seen him much--because he knew we used to be "close"--and when I told him I didn't really know, he started asking me all these questions about our relationship.
About a week after this was when I had the above dream..

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 15--

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Its been happening for too long...(this is a long one, guys)

WhiteMaidenWest,
There is always a stimulus for our dreams and the 'old friend' of the abusive guy showing up and asking questions is probably the reason you had this particular dream. It stimulated the unresolved emotional conflict you had with the abusive guy.

The dreams where you had a figure watching you is probably related to this abusive experience also. The 'figure' would be your own unconscious, its attempt to help reconcile the fear that still is 'watching over you' from the result of your year long experience with the abusive guy. The experience possessed emotional energies that remain and as long as there is the fear {of him and the experience} you will continue to have dreams about the guy, and the figure. A reason for that is you have bottled up the emotions, not having shared the truth about the guy with parents and friends. As long as that remains the case 'he' {the abusive guy} will continue to have access to your psyche. I suggest you talk to your parents and let them know the truth. As for informing friends about it I would only do so if it becomes a topic of conversation where you need to let the truth be known. I would not make it a point to tell everyone because some may not understand the severity of the relationship and mis-conscrew your reasons.

There is one other item that may be important. You state your parents approved of the relationship. You would have been 13 at the time it happened. Was their approval one of liking him for a friend? You were/are very young to be in any type of serious relationship. If it was an approval based on more than just friendship I would question the parenting. That in turn would pose questions to possible deeper fears you may have from even earlier experiences where there was abuse. The figure could be of other unresolved abusive experiences. Think back to earlier life and see if there may be something frightening that could be repressed in your unconscious. Could there have been earlier experiences where there was abuse?

Again, it would be important that you get this out of your system and talk to someone you trust {an adult}. As long as you keep it bottled up the longer it will fester. It needs closure and the only way for that is verbalize what happened to someone who will listen and be sympathetic. Such experiences, if left unresolved, can become an influence on future relationships. Being aware of such type guys is a positive but there are possible negatives if you do not get this out. That is most important.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present