Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: This dream was just weird

Anna,
Finally had time to sit down and give a good look at your dream. I am deep in the process of making changes with how I utilize my dream interpretation skills. I want to work more on a personal one on one relationship with individuals, much like our conversations where we are working to get to the core of the dreamer's conflicts. But unlike our conversations, having personal contact with the dreamer will provide insights as well as factual information about their life. I am completely convinced with this type of personal information I can give a complete and competent interpretation to any dream. And in the process work with the dreamer to help understand how to proceed. Finding answers to the questions is the true goal in interpreting dreams. Understanding the question is the first thing to do and that is what the dream does. The answers come when the dreamer understands the question and decides to do something to answer them.

Your Dream
A new route to school would be new way at approaching 'learning aspects' in life. Since this is the opening part of the dream the rest of the dream will focus on the 'adventures' in your unconscious and conscious life in achieving it. The new highway is the direction for your future. The fears and concerns about that may be a primary focus of the dream. You are loaded down with a lot of emotional baggage which makes it harder to focus on your future.

The two guys are masculine aspects {animus}. My sense these are opposite traits that are seeking to become the primary governing power for your future self. One is the deeper unconscious aspects {dark complexion} you possess and the other the appealing conscious light hearted aspects of your personality {both are personality traits}. The professor is a wise masculine aspect which could have associations to your father. But it is also your deeper self recognizing the best choices to make. The choices to be made are related, on one hand, to how he has lived his life {which has a reflection on your psyche} and the wise choice is to choose the opposite of who he is. The dream is going beyond the desires of the ego self and providing guidance from the deeper wisdom aspects {innate masculine mechanisms}.

This part may be addressing is 'which path to choose' for your future, not only in choosing masculine attitudes that will govern you but also in relationships. The path of the father which is ingrained from the 18 years of experience of living with him are bound to have clear influences on who you are and become. The ego self is more tuned to those experiences and influences, emotional decisions, reflecting in part the personality of your father. The deeper psyche {which is accessed through your dreams} favors objective decisions. Both represent animus aspects {two guys} and opposites fighting to be the governing influence in your future. The 'Spanish' guy {the wise unconscious} is more compatible and reciprocates the true self {true feelings}. In decisions of future love relationships the message is, you do not want to 'marry your father' {we have discussed this in past conversations}. Personality wise, and something that is important to your well being, you don't want to live life prompted primarily by the emotions {reflecting your father's attitude}, but by objective reasoning. These are two opposing forces in your life, one of experiences and influences of early life, and the second of true nature and of which your deeper psyche recognizes and wishes to follow {investigating your dreams at such an early age demonstrates your ability to recognize the importance of knowing your true self}.

I see the third paragraph {reaching the climatic point to the basic plot in the dream} as your evolving masculine psyche as well as experiences {in symbolic expression} with your father. I'll address this in more detail later but first let me comment about one aspect I do not completely understand. My inability to understand would be because one, it is a personal experience that relates to a real waking experience in your life, and two, is not something previously revealed in our conversations. It also is a symbolic statement reflecting an overall relationship with your masculine attitudes but it is the personal experiences I can not determine {which is understandable since specific personal experiences are not often something that can be readily recognized when interpreting dreams}.

Specifically it is the 'car accident or something attacked me'. Later in the dream there is the statement 'no big deal' which is in response to the snake. There is an injection of an anesthesia, an insensitivity to pain. I think these are related. It may be primarily related to overall experiences in your 18 years of family life but there could be a specific experience involved. The car accident is something that went into your 'unconscious' which may be an experience that has been forgotten or even repressed into the unconscious. The experience was horrifying and made you feel vulnerable. Vulnerabilities often are experiences that occur when you are very young, not recognized at the time by the conscious self {too young to understand} but known as 'not right' by the unconscious. I see the first part of the third paragraph addressing this but then pushed into the unconscious so to go to the routine experiences in life. The ending is also reflecting on the experience. Whether it is 'no big deal' is because it was an experience that happened innocently or whether it is a direct reference to someone telling you it was not a big deal. This is something you will have to work out since it is personal and not something I can discern {nor anyone else who interprets dreams because of the personal nature of the experience}.

As for the symbolic reference of the third paragraph. I see it as a continuing commentary on your masculine aspects and developing attitudes. The unconscious influences of the 'professor' has created a potpourri of strange experiences in your life, in general relationship with masculine relationships and specific relationship with your father. Your 'family' life is the barnyard and at the center is the developing relationship with your animus. The chickens would be your siblings {in one aspect}. The critters are the different experiences among the family, the laboratory of life within the family structure {as well as your own psyche}. These experiences have gotten into your brain which is an expression of the influences of the family/general experiences in life. These experiences have ingrained themselves with in your psyche {followed behind you in the unconscious}. It is in this context the anesthesia is induced. I see a comment on the overall scope of personal relationships but again the personal aspects are nor readily available for interpretation. There is an emotional affect and response {telling me to calm down} and the wisdom of the masculine {professor} calms you down. In general the wisdom is of your own innate and developing masculine {a strong developing masculine self} and specifically a true masculine aspect in waking life.

The final paragraph seems to be focused on the relationship of the feminine to the masculine. There may be a surrendering of feminine aspects {perhaps emotional} to the masculine. A Widow's cottage is where a feminine aspect lives. Dead parts. A surrendering of emotional aspects {feminine} to the masculine forces. The references to childhood may be a general statement about your childhood life.

The dream is dealing with masculine identities and which will be the primary force in your future. The two guys are not only the opposing forces working against each other but also reflective of real people but more or less in generalities rather than specifics. An example would the professor. He is a mixture of his true self but also represents your own inner masculine wisdom. He represents the 'outer' professor of wisdom {or perceived wisdom} as well as the 'inner' professor which is your own innate inner wisdom. But there are two aspects to this 'feminine part of yourself' {cottage}. The twin sisters are real life experiences. But the cats are symbolic, which would likely reference feminine aspects. You are having to leave feminine aspects behind, feminine emotions in one respect.

The opening window may have two meanings as well. One is to new aspects of the masculine {animus}. The other could be to a personal experience. Nasty cobwebs. This could have to do with potentials in life, influences in early life if not recognized and corrected limited your potential. Any personal aspects would be limiting also.
And then there is the spider. Spiders are usually feminine references. The mother. There is a deterring nature to this spider. This has a profound affect on your emotions and affects the developing masculine {blond guy}. There may be a fear of becoming like your mother {submissive to the yearnings of the father?}. The good news is you are able to manhandle these 'emotions'. Objectivity may be a strong suite your are developing because of all these 'strange' experiences in your early life.

Overall I see the dream addressing the developing masculine aspects. there may be a personal experience early in life the dream is also addressing but I don't see it as a 'trauma' event as much as a 'gross' experience that left an impression. It would be related to your father. The last the part of the dream, the climax, is showing the influence of the natural emotional self as well as the influence of the mother relationship. If you look at your father/mother relationship with each other you may see a difference of your mother to your father. Does she let him do it is his way? As I stated earlier I don't think you will want to marry your father, a man who is like your father. And you don't wish to be your mother, a 'widow' of loneliness due to giving into the masculine power of the father.

This is also a reference to your masculine psyche. A strong masculine self to counter your mother's personality. Less emotional, more objectivity. Of course the goal is a balance. With all the twos in the dream I see a good potential for that, despite all the conflicts you have had to endure in your first 18 years of life. You may be confused now at the prospects for your future but if you let yourself not be guided by emotional senses but by objective thinking, you be do well.

The new learning aspects in the opening would be, in general, about the developing masculine self. There may be that specific experience I talked about also. Overcoming the emotional baggage you have already accumulated would be a part of the message also. A well developed animus will help you get past the emotional baggage {think about the positive strengths of a man}. Emotional aspects giving way to objectivity. You ask me how do you develop this masculine self. The answer would be you are unconsciously developing it from the experiences in your life. The influence of your father and mother determines who you will become. Not incorporating the negatives will be the task at hand. That requires discipline, a true and valuable masculine trait. Your natural inclination to develop a masculine attitude is a positive. If you follow up on it and not let the emotional aspects rule. To do that would give you a life just like your father and mother.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co-Middle Tennessee
/Gifford Fence Orlando

Creative Thinking Wed Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Dream Interpretation Orlando/Space Coast, Florida

Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: This dream was just weird

Thanks for getting through this Jerry! Sorry my reply came so late! After coming back to this dream I can agree with the masculine aspects of it, and I also had this dream at a time where I was coming to terms with my sexuality and all that awkwardness so it fits as well. I honestly can't think of any one traumatic incident that happened to me that would correlate with the accident though. Agh.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present