Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: two dreams

Pat,
I appreciate the follow up response to my interpretations. You provide good collaborating information to what I saw within the dream. Without a follow up to the interpretation we never know if the assessment fits. An incorrect interpretation doesn't help the dreamer and definitely doesn't support my contention that all dreams can be interpreted by an experienced person. I take what I do seriously and your response along with other responses help me understand this strange world of dreams and know what works and what doesn't.

It is amazing how much a simple dream {see my post on Explaining Simple Dreams} can say about a person's life. Few dreams point to any one concrete thing {as in a direct waking experience} about the dreamer's life but instead provides periphery evidence of emotional energies. The actions and flow in a dream are as important in understanding the dream as are the symbols. And because no symbol is 'fixed' {could mean something different in another dream or in another person's dream} it is often the actions in the dream that expose the dream's intended message. Once I get a feel for the flow of energies, patterns emerge that I then put into words that hopefully the dreamer will understand. Your response not only allows me to know whether my assessments are correct, for those of us who take time to understand to examine our lives, it will often confirm or deny what we think or know about ourselves. Often they reveal something we don't know.

I often think to myself after posting an interpretation that perhaps what I have offered is totally wrong. That would tend only to confuse the dreamer and likely give them the impression a dream interpretation is like a card reading or a psychic predicting ones future. Fake and not reliable. Defending dream interpretation as a reliable science is hard enough but if my track record for interpretations is 60/40, or even 72/25, even that proficiency is not good enough to be convincing. I do argue that most all dreams can be interpreted and I point to my record of interpretations here at the Dream forum as evidence. I can't remember the last time I had a response where the interpretation was thought to be totally outside a possibility. I have posts where further explanations are needed, and sometimes with added information provided by the dreamer, a deeper look at a dream is required, but in the end the dreamer sees the association in the dream to their lives. Most often my original interpretation is enough for the dreamer to recognize associations in their life. Of course the more I know about the dreamer the more likely I will recognize patterns that fit with the dreamer's life. But seldom do I have that info {in the beginning I only have the age and gender of the dreamer} which I believe gives support to how well Jung got it right in his theories of dreams and the psyche. No matter how intuitive one is, without the research made by Jung we would still be guessing what dreams are about and what they mean.

Again, I appreciate your response. What looked to be something totally outside reality to your waking life in fact described it in good detail. We would not have known that if you had not taken the time to respond.

Melbourne Fence Pros ....http://www.melfencepro.com/

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: two dreams

Pat,
The second dream.
There are probably specific waking experiences this dream is addressing but again I believe it is a general observation about life.

You are reflecting on life and the past. There are regrets, but with acceptance {what can you to change the past?}. There are thoughts of your 'transition' but you have accepted it as a part of life. You have taken a candid approach to the issue of life and death but you are ready for or near the end. There may be specific regrets about bowing to the masculine {your husband} but you begrudgingly accepted that part of your life. Later life has proven full of threats with specific aspects {possibly to do with your children} more difficult to deal with. There may have been recent events that have been very 'injurious'. You have had to close your eyes to those aspects to avoid any feelings of hopelessness. You have learned to stay positive even when you are wounded by others.

I sense both dreams reflect a general attitude you have toward life. They would reflect your overall personality. The wedding part may be addressing specific experiences but would also be about your attitudes. At 70 you are at that stage of wise reflection {mid-life is about looking back and assessment} and having the personality you have a positive statement of how you have lived life. Taking life as it comes and rolling with the punches.
Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present