Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Nightmare

Anonymous,
Check back tomorrow. There is probably much more involved. When you interpret your dreams you are exploring the unconscious and within those dark spaces are things you may not realize. When you do reopen the doors to those undiscovered emotions you are able to remove barriers that have kept you from 'being all you can be'. Perhaps a deeper examination will help to reveal more about yourself than you know.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Anonymous,
Besides the stress from your mission I see three other possibilities from the dream. As I stated in my original post dreams have two or more interpretations or applications. This dream seem to have multiply applications. These three possibilities are separately in your dream by 'Flashes'.

The first of the three possibilities I see is the dream is addressing attitudes you may have toward the El Salvador troops. What are your feelings toward them? Were there experiences with them that may have caused you to develop an 'attitude' toward them?
In a deeper sense such emotions represent attitudes you hold toward yourself.

The second possibility I see concerns the 'danger' of your mission and the fears you and your have toward your well being. Consciously you do not show signs of concern but unconsciously it is in the back of your mind. The same may hold true for your mother although she may opening express her concerns in general. That is where the death of your brother comes in.
The experience of your brother's death is still 'hanging' on both your minds. You still carry these emotions around {bag}. The inclusion of your nephew may have personal associations which would may be related to concerns of well being {personal associations are seldom interpret-able}. He would represent a 'related aspect' of yourself in association with your brother. This too is probably addressing concerns about your well being.

The final aspect, and one I believe gets to the deeper aspects of he dream and your psyche. It seems to have to do with deep insecurities that began in childhood. This is, as much as the death of your brother and the stress of your mission to El Slavador, what makes the dream a 'nightmare'. Where there any experiences as a child you may be shielding yourself {rain coat} emotionally? Look back at your childhood and see what might be there. Your being in the armed forces suggest a strong masculine aspect. That could suggest a 'compensation' for experiences of insecurities stemming from childhood.

Let me know your thoughts, especially concerning the part about childhood experiences.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

The El Salvador troops were great. My childhood wasn't perfect, but nothing I could blame any hidden insecurities on. My brothers death is an unsolved case, so of course that's on my mind. (No closure) The threat level was high in El Salvador, but no combat or direct hostility. Head was on a swivel the whole time though. We were all prescribed doxycycline, and asking around, it seems like others are having sleep problems. I'm thinking maybe it's just a side effect of the doxy. I appreciate all the input. You have great insight.

Thanks for the response.

Something I overlooked in your original post and I just now noticed was the prescription drugs you took. The drug cartel could be a comment on the doxycycline {as well as the real drug cartels}. That type drug could cause these type dreams. I am wondering if the drug could also alter the dream imagery as it has to do with symbolic representation.

Have you had nightmares prior to taking the prescribed medicine or before you went to ES? Dream images are usually speaking to emotional issues but when the normal brain functions are disrupted there could be an alteration of the dream. I've been interpreting dreams for quite some time but have seldom come across someone who has taken drugs that alter the normal dream and sleep functions. I can read dreams quite well but if the imagery is distorted by drugs that could disguise the normal function of dreams {which is to alert the dreamer to unresolved emotional issues}. Dream research in this area is still quite new. I've learned how to interpret dreams by actual experience a my Dream Forum and when something new comes up of this type it is most important to understand the reasons. Not that the drugs have altered the symbols but there is the possibility. Not having experience with this type of dream and prescription drugs I do want to learn as much as I can for future reference.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Did a quick search of Doxycycline and there does seem to be problems with sleep interruption. It could be the cause of your nightmare. It doesn't seem to be a wide spread problem but with all medications seldom are all side effects reported unless they are severe. Have you had other dreams of this type and or trouble sleeping? Of course my interest is with the affect on dreams. If you have other dreams you can remember it would great if you would post them to see if there is any recognizable patterns.

Jerry

Re: Nightmare-Psychopharmacology of REM Sleep and Dreams

Here is an article from the Psychology Today website on how some drugs affect REM sleep and can cause nightmares.
Psychopharmacology of REM Sleep and Dreams

Here is Psychology Today list of articles on dreams, dreaming and dream content Dream Catcher: The neuroscience of our night life

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present