Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Big Black wolf Dream

I need some help interpreting my "black wolf" dream. The wolf had no place in my dream because nothing in recent days, weeks or even months led me to think about wolves. I just need a little help but please do not copy past canned explanation which I myself already read on the internet (checkout all links in the first 9 pages when googled "dream big black wolf".

The dream is that I am on a motorcycle and have stopped it in the middle of a country side road. I see a black wolf to the side of the road staring at me. I notice he has long black fur which is obviously very well taken care of..like groomed everyday - its nice, healthy and shiny. I am not afraid of the animal..I am fascinated by the beauty of its fur. The wolf attacks me but I feel no fear..I roar the engine and the wolf retreats, then he attacks again and I roar the engine again he retreats. I repulse all his attacks in that manner. It is important to note that I feel no fear (I am not the bravest person out there so this is kind of strange to me). I then decide to turn my bike around and just go and leave the wolf behind. But I see that if I do that he will catch up with me and attack me from behind by the time my bike has gathered up enough speed. Suddenly I notice that there is a burning torch next to me. So I pick it up and hold it against the wolf who is already jumping on me. He retreats obviously scarred by the flaming torch but not as much I imagined because he tries to jump on me again. We have a brief physical fight where I grab his jaws and feel that I can easily split them and kill the wolf. I don't do it - not sure why not but it is not out of fear or lack of strength. Somehow I start the bike and the wolf starts chasing me. Every time I look back he so close to catching me that it is a wonder he has not done it yet. Still, I do not care and just look forward somehow feeling that this "threat" can be easily ignored. I get home, quickly go in hoping to leave the wolf outside but he enters my home before the door closes. By this time I already treat the wolf as a pestering nuisance - a fruit fly that has been around my head for a few minutes. I go to my bed and lie down to sleep because I do not believe the wolf is capable of doing anything serious. My 5 year son is sleeping on the same bed as me (in the dream and in reality). As I am drifting away, he wakes up and says "There is a wolf next to our bed!" I want to ignore his comment but then I think that maybe this wolf is no danger to me but could be a danger to a 5 year old boy and I cant take a chance with that so I stand up from the bed to face the wolf. Thats when I wake up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Big Black wolf Dream

JamesNa,
I'll provide an interpretation but will take another look at the dream in the morning. I sense good possibilities but they are not as clear as I think they could be. Usually in the morning hours my intuitive mind is better at discerning the focus of a dream.

The wolf in your dream as well as the other images are symbolic. You may ride a motorcycle in real life but in the dream it is symbolic. The wolf would represent you or some aspect of yourself or psyche. Possibilities for the motorcycle include a desire for freedom and adventure but in a negative aspect trying to escape from some situation or some responsibility.

The wolf could represent, on a positive note, self confidence and pride. In a negative application it could symbolize hostility and aggression. It may also reflect an uncontrollable force or situation in your life. Both the wolf and motorcycle could be denoting a personality trait, that of being a 'loner' {someone who goes it alone}. The black color of the wolf may represent negative forces or energies.

Take in consideration this possibility of the fur on the wolf being a description of you:
I notice he has long black fur which is obviously very well taken care of, like groomed everyday - its nice, healthy and shiny
Do you have a beard?

What I get from the dream:

Something is challenging, attacking or trying to prevent your positive position in life {or a positive position}. It threatens to end any progress you may have made. You have come part of the way but now at stalled. This thing is a constant challenge. You are very self confident and have put a lot into presenting yourself in a positive light. You use your strengths, perhaps the power of persuasion, to hold off the aggression of this 'thing'.

You are able to ward off this thing or person {the dream states it is a he but the he could be a quality within yourself} with your superior 'position?' but not as much as you had hoped. This thing threatens to overcome you. You try to ignore it but it is able to get past your 'defenses'. But you may not be taking this as serious as you should. In your ego mind you do not consider it as a serious threat. Your son may represent himself {people you have a close relationship are one of the few times you can take a symbol literally} or it may be symbolic of hopes and ideas, or your potential in life. It could be both. And another possibility is your 5 year old son may be related to experiences you had when you were 5 years old.

Dreams do not often provide a direct answer to what the dream is focused. This is because the personal experiences are something only you can know about. The dream description provides a periphery view. Look at what I have provided and see if you can determine what fits.

It you read this before tomorrow morning you can provide feedback. That may help with understanding the dream.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for the reply! Your analysis is not bad..not bad at all. Although I do not have a beard and a motorcycle (never had, never thought of having and never wanted have) your comments made me think. I have been in a tough spot recently which I thought has already been resolved only to resurface again. I decided not to stress on it by minimising its importance in my head. Much of your analysis makes a lot of sense and hits right on spot. I was kind of hoping for a more mystical explanation (less psychological) as I feel I need "guidance" from above. Even though I should know better it is tempting to seek the mystical when you feel you have no good and valid moves left - "There are no atheist in the trenches" and I am in a trench :)

Thanks again for your reply :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

James,
Thanks for the response.

First off it is important to understand that dreams are about our emotions, and psychology. Dreams can reveal 'metaphysical' aspects which can be considered as 'mystical'. But those mystical aspects have to do with spirituality and creativity and not anything supernatural. There is nothing in life that is supernatural. All things are a part of nature and those things that can be defined as supernatural are things that are not understood.

Another important thing to understand about dreams is they always have at least two meanings or applications. I know little about a person from their post {age and gender being the important things to know to be able to interpret a dream} and although I may have hit on a lot of 'truths' in my original interpretation there are always things I can not know {especially specific personal experiences}. That may be the reason I had trouble 'seeing clearly' yesterday when I first examined your dream. There may have been other aspects in play, possibly the 'mystical' aspects you were looking for. Let's examine those.

Note: The more I know about the dreamer the better I can understand the dream message. Your response provides some additional info {although limited} and that helps with understanding the possibilities.

I assume you are looking at the wolf as having mystical associations. There could be those associations as well as the purely psychological {but all things are psychological}. Psychologically speaking 'a wolf may symbolize all that you are afraid of in yourself, particularly what you see as 'animal nature', aggressive and destructive. Such fears usually stem from a traumatic childhood experience.

I get a strong vibe having to do with predator.

I see the first part of the psychological statement as being about your personality and possibly aspects of that being challenged. That came across to me very strong and I think you recognized those associations to who you are in my interpretation. "A fight is going on inside me" about some aspect of yourself over challenges from the outside world. That would involve a fight having to do with your ego {outside world}, being challenged by someone or something.

The childhood thing is also a possibility since your 5 year old son is apart of the dream. There is a possibility the 5 year old part could be a reference to your own childhood. It would be great to know if there are real possibilities to that.

As for the 'mystical' possibilities, a wolf is an animal that is free to roam in its natural environment {a motorcycle also fits with this}. If you are looking to mystical aspects of spirituality that may have to do with religion. The wolf can be a spiritual guide. But I don't see anything associated with religion in the dream.

Your wolf is black. The first association I get from that is an 'unconscious' aspect {the color black is often a symbol for the unconscious}. Black is also a symbol for negative aspects, even evil. I sense you are having trouble with aspects of your person or personality that are threatening to take control. Those may involve unconscious 'drives' you are resisting but may be 'catching up' and overtake you. You may treating it as a nuisance when reality it is something much bigger.

To be honest I don't see a mystical aspect in the dream. It may be because you are in a 'trench' you are looking for that in the dream. Atheists get a bad rap because most do not believe they have high morals or principles. But anyone who does what is right is just as moral as anyone religious. Perhaps what needs to be done in your situation is 'what is right'. That may involve your 'psychology'. If there is something not bright about that then that is what needs to be 'fixed'. Only you can know what it is in your heart, and mind.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present