Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Satanists Playing Poker

I have been deciphering a lot of my own dreams, which is why I haven't posted as much actually, haha. I've also considered that the devil or something may be a negative or controlling figure in my life like my dad. The catch is when I had this dream, I was on vacation, far away from my famiy and very happy. While on this amazing vacation I happened to have a number of vivid and disturbing dreams. This caught me off guard because really nothing negative has occurred in my life for months now, I'm at a really good point. This was why I was stumped with it.

Soo if I had to decipher this based on what was going on in my life currently....hmm. Honestly I think in this dream the devil may be myself. Now that I think about it I had been struggling with personal morality at the time. I think the devil was meant to be the darker aspect of me. Which is very controlling and manipulative, a leader who has "loyal followers" who "worship" me. The cards could be related to a metaphor my mom taught me which is that life is a game. Thus they were a connection between these symbols and my life. I stood up to the Devil, (my darker side in this case though I believe it's presence changes from dream to dream) because I have acknowledged those more sinister traits I possess and scorn them, reject them. I am not the "great one" my friends think I am, and I know this. I believe the Satanists may have served a double purpose though in that they were also trying to get me to accept those darker traits of mine, which I refused. The Devil rolled its eyes at my insult because if I am it, it couldn't possibly harm me even if it wanted to, and insulting and rejecting a certain part of myself isn't going to get me anywhere anyways. The fact that they were inside a mountain could have to do with a great struggle that is internal rather than external, which was my morality dilemma.

Wow all of it seems really clear now. When I first had it I was just really confused haha. Honestly though deciphering my own dreams has gotten easier and easier. It's great! :) anyways I have my fingers crossed for a good grade haha.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Anna,
Being on vacation doesn't remove those pressures and stresses that await you when you return home. What dreams focus on don't have to be recent events or experiences. Accumulated emotional conflicts are as much what dreams are about as are recent conflicts.

I think you have done an excellent job with the interpretation. There may be other secondary applications {as to do with people in your life} but the scenario you laid out seems not only plausible but also authentic. If it fits then it is probably correct. "Wow all of it seems really clear now" is what I like to hear when I give an interpretation.

You get an A+ on this assignment.

If you notice the dream ended on a positive note. The 'Devil' wasn't able to hurt you. That suggests you are managing/controlling your negative aspects. Because you are consciously aware of the negative aspects in your life you know what to look for and thus have a better chance of resolving them. You are aware of the negatives because you have taken your dreams seriously. This is why dreams are important.

Have you considered psychology as a career choice? It won't be long before the field of psychology fully appreciates Jung's contributions to the dream world and that all dreams can be competently interpreted. You seem to have an ability to interpret dreams and could be a part of the new science that explores the deeper psyche. I believe there are secrets within the deep psyche that will contribute to new knowledge that could transform life as we know it. not in my time but perhaps yours.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Yay! :) I think a lot of times dreams get easier to interpret when I look back on them on retrospect, which is what I've been doing lately. I love psychology. Since I plan on perhaps being a neuroscientist when I get out of college, I was considering dream research as something I would like to study as well.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Anna,
In response to your latest post about studying neuroscience as well as Jungian dream psyche {Satanists Playing Poker}.

Neuroscience and Jungian psyche go hand in hand. Jung studied the mind which is the 'philosophical' part of the brain. The brain is the physical and the mind the psychological.

Consider this:
The part of the brain that controls dreams is our limbic system. The limbic system is a primitive part of the brain that also controls emotions and orchestrates our instincts, sexual behaviors, drives, and fight -or- flight response.

Dreams are about our emotions. The archetypes are 'primordial images' that are formed within the 'primitive' part of the brain. They are innate within the DNA of all life {the archetypal command in a turtle's brain is 'to flee to the ocean' upon hatching from its shell}.

Also notice that sexual dreams, as well as fight and/or flight dreams, are common. If it were not for developing strong instinctual abilities {intuitive} I would not be able to interpret dreams as well as I do.

It is not by coincidence these things exist as they do. It is nature's way and when you put all the parts together it makes so much sense it is 'mind boggling'. I encourage you to pursue both fields. You may be the person who discovers new things that revolutionize the world. The true mysteries of life reside within the unconscious and understanding all there is to know about the physical and psychological aspects can lead to these discoveries.

You have the tools, go for it.

Here is the entire thread to this post for those who have not followed the dream post and its interpretation Satanists Playing Poker

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present