Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Dream-Old House Being Rebuilt With Ex-Wife and a Roaring Fire/place

This is a dream I had this morning. I awoke about 20 minutes earlier than I usually do and lay in bed to go over the dream so to remember it {I find this to be the best way for me to remember my dreams}. After several minutes going over the dream I got up and wrote it down. I have not interpreted the dream and will not be able to do for another day or so. Like most dreams I have I know what some of it is about but need to analyze other parts. What I can see but not sure what it means are associations to my waking life, from the past and in the present. Of course anything in the past is addressing current emotional aspects. I did come away from the dream feeling positive. As if something was in it that had a message I need to know.
One comment. Susie my ex wife, whom I was divorced in 1983, is deceased. I do dream of her a lot.

If anyone reads this post and wishes to comment or wants to interpret it, go for it.

I was as first in a neighborhood that had a lot of old houses and a couple of new houses being built. I was at a house that was being built on top of a hill waiting for someone to who was wanting to rent a house in the near future {an older man, in his 40s or so and a younger woman in her 20s. father and daughter was my impression but not for certain}. The house was on a street that circled around to the left and overlooked other streets with houses. In the beginning of the dream all the houses were old and run down neighborhood except for the few new houses being built on top of the hill.

The couple finally arrived and we went into the new house that was being built. I showed them around very quickly and then we went back outside . I showed them the view from high atop the hill we were on. I could remember the man seemed to be in a hurry and in and out of discussion with me and the woman. We then went around the street {it circled to the left} and out looked over the neighborhood. But now all the old houses were gone and new ones were being built, some were very expensive houses. As we got to the farthest part of the street, going around the left curve I could see there were still a couple old dilapidated houses at the bottom of hill in a commercial neighborhood. I told the couple these houses would surely be torn down and new ones built. That made me feel bad in a way but in the back of my mind I knew it was progress. That scene brought back memories {old neighborhood with dilapidated houses} of when I worked with the health department as a codes inspector and often had to make inspections of old neighborhood.

The sence chnages and I am in the house I was showing to the man and young woman. But it was also a carpet showroom. There were other people milling around and a salesman who acted very confident. It was odd the residence was a house and a showroom at the same time. With me in this scene were my second wife, Susie, and my only son {his mother}, when he was about six years old. There was another man {unknown} I was talking to when my son starting playing with something I didnt want him to play with. I told him to stop and went to another room. I returned and he was still playing with it {dont remember what it was}. I took him to his room to discipline him, at first thinking to use a belt but decided no, it was best not to discipline that way but to do so by restricting his activities. That seemed to bother him more.

The scene changes back and I am with Susie and the salesmen and other people milling around. I noticed a fireplace with a nice roaring fire. Susie seemed to like this house and was wanting to look at new carpet. The salesman {I seemed to know him-he was in his 30s or so} showed us a particular style of carpet that looked very cheap. I thought it was a type you would install in a mobile home, it had a backing that peeled away. I asked if he had it in stock and he said he didnt think he did and didnt know for sure if he could get that particular style from the manufacture. I wasn't sure I wanted that style but wanted to know if he kept things in stock. He showed me the carpet and the backing and both I and Susie felt is was very cheap. The salesman stated as much and again said he wasn't sure he could get it and seemed to be making excuses perhaps wanting to sell us something better. I made the statement that a good businessman would have more than one wholesaler to buy from so to be sure when he was out of a product he would have other resources. This took the guy back a bit and the other people {who were sitting in chairs as if listening to a presentation and watching us} seemed to agree with what I was asking.

The scene changes and Susie, my son and I are in the house and it is completely finished. We went outside and did something {don't remember}. I do remember something about closing the front door so it was securely locked. When we left we both looked at the fireplace and felt good it was there. After being out we returned. I noticed the door was unlocked and I mentioned to Susie that we needed to be sure in the future to lock it when we went outside. Susie and I were in the front room looking at the fireplace thinking how nice it was, the roaring fire. It was nice to know we had a source of heat when it got cold. The atmosphere was peaceful and tranquil.
end of dream

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: My Dream-Old House Being Rebuilt With Ex-Wife and a Roaring Fire/place

I've have a rough draft interpretation of this dream. It does look to be an important dream, something I felt when I wrote in down. I have broken the dream down my symbols and motif as well as the two applications to my life, current waking life experiences including the past as well as the the 'metaphysical' applications. I will provide a final analyze Sunday morning.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I've been working on this dream for several days and just when I thought I had all the possibilities covered something new comes up. I want to go over it again {and probably again after that} before posting my final assessment.

This does seem to be an important dream. I felt as much the morning I had the dream since I woke up with it fresh in my mind. One aspect of the dream that may or may not be relevant is the dream changes to different scenes several times {5 times}. I am sensing there are aspects about these changes that are important and may be establishing a pattern. The change in scenes may be pointing to different levels of interpretation. The dream seems to be jumping from one period of experience to another. Although all changes in a paragraph may have applications to all levels of life experiences I am sensing a primary focus to a particular time of experience with each change {and paragraph}. After it is put together there may be an important message about at least two aspects of my life experiences. Usually a dream is focusing on a primary aspect with secondary aspects in the background {and less discernible}. This is something I will give more attention to when I interpret dreams in the future, to see if there are set patterns when noted and notable changes occur within a dream.

Note: I have seen notable patterns related to childhood experiences when a dream starts out with language describing a young child in a dream. The child could be an unknown person or the language not providing any references to the dreamer. When I include language that the child is the dreamer in my interpretation the unanimous response is positive.

At first my thoughts about the dream was purely an assessment of where I am at this stage of my life {as is the usual application of all dreams}. The dream seems to be directing actions {also usual} that need to be implemented or continued {mostly continued. But it also seems to be confirming aspects other than personal waking experiences {although related to personal experiences}. My impression these confirmations are from the collective unconscious and have to do with my dream work. The dream is addressing personal aspects of past but also aspects that are from the deeper realms of the psyche.

I've mentioned in the past that I have close to 50 or 60 psychologists or clinical therapist who follow me on Twitter. Most times when I post a dream on Twitter I get an immediate response of 30 or more hits to the dream {there is a counter for each dream topic}. Since I am not a psychologist and do not have any formal training in Jungian psychologist I feel this to be an 'honor' of sorts. When I post a dream it usually includes a response from the dreamer. I can state with clear authority I get nearly a 100% confirmation of my interpretations. It is easy to verify this merely by reading the posted dreams at this forum. There must be something going on to have such a good success rate and not be a trained psychologist.

My position is, and has been, I am what one would call an 'INTUITIVE JUNGIAN'. I've studied Jungian psyche {self study} for 20 years and have been interpreting dreams for 15 years. This Dream Forum has been on line since 2005. I do not possess a great intellect, my IQ is average {based on the usual IQ test}. But it does seem that I do possess an intuitive mind, able to sense unknown qualities within a dream and see developing patterns of emotion and experience. I often get impressions of personality traits which when mentioned get a positive response. I've known for sometime now I can intuitively read people I meet. I may not remember the color of their hair or their eyes but I 'instantly' know them. Along with the people skills I learned in working with people in my lifetime {I was a health codes inspector for 12 years} experience along with an intuitive mind has provided a valuable source of 'knowing'. For a long time I questioned my abilities but no longer. I have an unshakable confidence in my abilities and the unconscious resources that come with a developed intuitive sense. Jung got it right when it comes to concepts and theories of the dream and psyche. Add an intuitive mind to an education in Jungian fundamentals and I believe anyone can properly and successfully interpret dreams. Especially when the 'bliss' factor is a part of the person's life experience.

As for this dream. I believe it may be confirming intuitive aspects. I am beginning to sense certain patterns about dreams that may be usual or prevailing, if not fixed. I know Jung and others say this is not the case in dreams, that you can never put a fixed definition to any part of the dream. But my thoughts are if archetypes are as an established concept as I believe them to be, perhaps we need to consider other aspects about dreams to be also. A house in a dream is the dreamer in some real context. It doesn't deviate. A car has to do with the direction or mold of the dreamer's life. I see many symbols that if not fixed in their meaning are so close to being so you can treat them as if they are. This is my experience in working with dreams. Not only from experience but it is my intuitive sense also.
I believe this dream is in part addressing these beliefs. At 63, even with a limited intellect, experience is wisdom. Intuitive wisdom along with actual life experiences is real knowledge> I am not be an Einstein but even he could not do a lot things that required common sense. Archetypes are innate 'common' sensible energies and they make the most sense when accessed intuitively.
Just saying.

Jerry

Hi Jerry

Long time since I came here, but had a moment to myself (all be it late at night and I should be sleeping). I saw this post and decided to have a look and had an instant impression. Thought I would share. I too felt it related to dream interpretation.

My instant reaction when I saw in my minds eye the houses, some old, and new ones being built, as being equivalent to posts on the forums, each one a different topic. This fits with the symbol of the house that is also a showroom, as people are free to come in and see the otherwise private discussion. It also matches with your role, seeming to be overseeing the development of the town, and displaying it for others. Also with your concern for some of the older run down parts of the town (perhaps you want to liven the website up a bit more in some areas?).

The carpet salesman - could he be someone else posting on the forum or perhaps through your twitter? Someone you seem to disagree with, or you look down upon slightly, not because he is bad, but is perhaps not as experienced / well prepared as you?

I see the same character in your son. Sort of like a prodigy, but you don't think he is going down the right path with this particular interpretation. You point this out but he does not listen. You are annoyed, perhaps tempted to scold over the disagreement but under a calmer mind think better of it?

But you are satisfied that the "spirit" (fire) is lit and warm in the house (the person sees your interpretation) and that leaves you with a feeling of peace and satisfaction. You can close that house, but the experience leaves you tempted to lock others out of future interpretations (leaving the door locked when you leave)?

That one hit me like a tonne of bricks, but not sure if it makes any sense to you.

Cheers,
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 31

Rook,
Welcome back. Long time no hear.

I appreciate your input. I am still working on this dream because I sense it is an important one. Unfortunately I have been so busy I haven't had the time to finish the analysis. Hopefully tomorrow I will have the time and mindset to complete it.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present