Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hallways...help?

Rachel,
Old love, new love, its complicated. Probably what your dream is trying to address, chasing after something you are not sure of or can't pin down {boys}. Schools are places for learning and in dreams it usually symbolizes learning something new about yourself or/and in life. The darker aspects with the flickering lights may suggest learning or thinking something new is possible {but it is flicking suggesting indecision}. It is an 'on again off again' situation. Hallways connect one thing to another and in schools those things are rooms. Rooms symbolize aspects about yourself {you are the school and the rooms are the different aspects that make up who you are}. In this case there is probably indecision about this boy or matters to do with him. You are trying to make connects so the 'flickering light' stays 'on'.

The music room is one aspect of yourself. Music pleasures the soul and the song is of the heart. The trumpet may suggest you are preoccupied {trumpeting} with this 'music room'. Putting it all that together may suggest you are preoccupied with things of the heart, love and romance. But there are aspects that are 'flickering' about this particular room/aspect. Echos are repeating sounds {of the heart?}. On again/off again. The hallways suggest a need/desire to make connections.

Then there is the aspect {about you} of the lady smoking. This may suggest you are trying to protect or shield yourself from dangerous {smoking is bad for you} wounds {of the heart?}. But that doesn't stop you from looking for him. The him is the boy but which boy will he be? The old or the new?

Dreams reflect the emotional conflicts/aspects that are occurring at the time you have the dream. The 'complicated' old love/new love is probably what is preoccupying your life at the moment. The music suggests 'matters of the heart and soul' {music is of the muse} but the complicated situation you are in may suggest you are or need to shield yourself from pain. The old lover may have caused some hurt to your heart but the new lover but still be enticing you are willing to overlook the past.

Does that make sense to your life?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Wow! Yes it really does. The "him" old love, new love is the same person actually. because hes having thoughts of being together again, so everything you said still makes absolute sense. Thank you very much, it helped me!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16 Charleston SC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Rachel,
Thanks for the response. Knowing about old loves/new loves gave me an idea what your real life was about {emotionally} and when I saw the dream it was fairly easy to put two and two together. Usually I don't have much information about the dreamer {other than age and gender which are most important when interpreting dreams} and although you didn't offer it as a general review of what your life, knowing about the 'loves' provided insights to what the dream may be trying to communicate {about emotional conflicts in your life which are what dreams attempting to do}. After analyzing the dream I could see where the loves in your life were the predominate emotional issue and the chasing being about those aspects.

Dreams are about your emotional life and emotional issues that are in conflict {or the dominate issue in your waking life emotionally}. They speak in a language of symbol and metaphor and someone with a good knowledge of Jungian psyche and a keen intuitive mind would recognize what the dream was trying to communicate to you {to help you recognize and resolve the emotional issues}.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jungian? You mean the personality types? I tried to do that but I get something different each time. ( once I was the executive, another time I was something else) Im the only one in my family that doesnt have a specific letter personality type thing. My mother and her twin are big on Jungian and freud stuff though. I will look into it. :)

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Rachael,
Jung is much more about personality types. Go to the link I provided.

as for personality types, they can be valuable to understand when looking at different aspects of the psyche. I'm not one who dwells on typing though. My thing is dream. I'm not an academic Jungian but an 'intuitive jungian'. Although I have studied Jung on my own for 20 years I naturally grasp his theories of the psyche and am not a psychologist nor want to be at this stage of life {I'm 63}. When I interpret dreams I am delving into the unconscious of the dreamer and often see things they do not realize or think of. Often I know more about them than they do themselves.

Jerry

I can believe that. Dreams say alot about people I guess. And Ill look at the oages you gave me. Thanks :)

stats from 7-14-10 to the present